Gotta give a message, get it on throu-ou-ou-ough

Lord, now mamma

God will ask you why

Whoa, oh-whoa, listen to the music

All the time

:rolleyes::rolleyes::D

Another beer here (I'll be sorry later!) ...Sooo, what's everyone been up to??? Me, normal stuff--cutting old stuff out of the garden before the snow flies....

My town must have won the "big rivalry football game", as I have been hearing honking since 10pm (these two towns are only seperated by a river and it's a huge thing to see "who rules the river")

That'sa 'bout it....

Liz

Hi All!!

Well, I'm checking in late--Daughter hi-jacked the idiot box all day, and then Son made me watch the second Lord of the Rings movie. His girlfriend called and he's going over there, so I'm freeeeeeeeeee.

Geez-oh-Pete, I just don't get that movie. Son keeps saying its because I didn't watch the first one and my "comments" don't help (like singing the Wicked Witch of the West's Marching Song, "Oh, we, yo, ya-ho-ho", when the "troops" are marching....it's the same drum beat, I just can't help it...and saying "it's that old Jedi Mind Trick", waiting for the talking trees to throw apples (they DO throw rocks, though....do they grow rocks?, etc, etc, I came up with a lot of 'em) No wonder the kids watch these movies seven or eight times. It takes that long to understand them. No, I never read the books. Well, I read the Hobbit in High School and got totally lost.....Hobbitguy thought about this, and Hobbitguy thought about that....too much thinking!!!!

Bah, give me a comedy or a mystery or a good old fashioned love story....

Phew!! Glad I'm here :thumbsup: And now that I don't have to think anymore, a beer, please!

Liz

You have to watch the first one to understand the second one. My favorite movie ever. It was my favorite book too, Star Wars is second favorite, so none of your Jedi mind tricks here Liz

You have to watch the first one to understand the second one. My favorite movie ever. It was my favorite book too, Star Wars is second favorite, so none of your Jedi mind tricks here Liz

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nuts, well can I "mind meld" then???? ;) Son did say "one of these days I'm going to have you watch the first movie"--the flashbacks totally confused me--thank goodness Son clued me in when they were "flashing back". THIS time, I'm going to insist on clicking the "English Subtitles" button on the DVD. That was part of the problem, too....The music would blare and then the actors would whisper--couldn't catch half the dialog because my ears couldn't adjust fast enough! I liked it when the elves spoke elfish, I knew exactly what they were saying :) Betcha Son will duct tape my mouth shut, too......

Gets some strong coffee for Brian, that's all I got!

Liz

Pass the Tylenol. My back and legs are killing me. I spent the weekend winterizing the difficult areas of the house and cleaning out my storeroom. I didn't realize how much stuff was packed in my extra bedroom by my friends while I was hospitalized a while back. They crammed everything from my old huge three bedroom attached apartment at my old bar into a 10' x 11' room. My friends were quite industrious filling this 10' high room.

There was two full size dressers plus several boxes of clothes. I wash, dried, folded and hung all of it. No suits though. Maybe someday soon I will get back to my weight where I can wear most of the clothes again.

All of my paper work from about fifteen years was packed into boxes. I sorted and shredded for over eight hours. My important papers filled a four drawer file cabinet. What I shredded filled three thirty five gallon trash bags.

I have built in storage cabinets above my 7' foot closet that are 3' tall. They are now filled with spare computer parts and other less used items. I have come to detest my step ladder.

I was even able to find many of my tools, which I still need to clean, sort and put back in the toolboxes. At least I now have the room to build my shelves and work bench in there.

sounds like you need rest instead :P

sounds like you kept busy.

i myself, failed my dot physical. so i'm off work for about 2 weeks to get things corrected. :(

as for the tylonol, did you want the reg or t3? :lol:

Wow, Terrorist, you are a busy bunny!!!! Bet it feels good to accomplish all that, though.

Cherokee, that's lousy that you didn't pass the physical and I also hope you're back on the road soon! How often you drivers have physicals?

Brian, I don't know what a toasted almond is, but it sounds delicious!! My parents used to buy a wine that tasted like almonds, it was delicious! They can't find it anymore, though....

Liz

sounds like you need rest instead :P

sounds like you kept busy.

i myself, failed my dot physical. so i'm off work for about 2 weeks to get things corrected. :(

as for the tylonol, did you want the reg or t3? :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's a bummer. My surgeons only allow me to take 1 regular Tylenol per day and not to take it past a week. I usually wait until the pain gets bad and take it before going to bed so I can sleep. Most of the time I can ignore the pain.

Set 'em up barkeep. I might as well drink, doc has me on lite duty for 3 more months.. 7 1/2 months so far... Swelling and numbness? Yep. My paw is tired of being sore and otherwise weak and helpless. Hell, I don't know if I'll "ever" right hand mouse at my computer again... (gettin' good at lefty wise though)

Dinks all round barkeep, sounds like several of you need one.

Sorry to hear that the paw is still giving you fits bd

Get yourself ok again cherokeechief

Hope your pain goes away, even if only for a while tt

cheers everyone