Whiskeyman's Bar

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bleh! It's an old 87 Plymouth Voyager, with a 85 2.6L engine. It gets 18mph in the city, and I just had brakes, exhaust, and carb done. Oh and new tires. (also struts and shocks have only 6-8,000 miles)

I think it's the vaccum lines on the carb, or the fuel pump is dead. I'll get it fixed. I can't buy one with all that new stuff for what it'll cost to get running. She really runs and rides well. I just have to troubleshoot it a bit before I get her to the shop. Momma didn't raise now fool. I always try to find out whats wrong before I resort to the shop.

Oy, Vey, whadda day......allergies (or a cold, hard to tell at this point), "nut with a walker" day, something wonky going on with the Boards here (or on my end, who knows?), while trying to catch up on a lot of post reading.....I need a beer :pirate:

Sorry to hear about the car, Bozodog. Ugh, fuel pumps are expensive, here's hoping its something cheap :thumbsup: I usually know what's wrong with a car before I bring it in, too, but mainly because I've owned so many unreliable junkers. Became really good at diagnosing! The mechanic laughs now when Hubby tells him one thing and I tell him another....and I'm usually right!

Ha! Terrorist, I was glad to hear the fights against DestiNY's emminent domain plan. Like I said earlier, emminent domain is thievery.

Soooo, how's everyone else doing? Chips and cheese for everybody!

Liz

the fuel pump isnt too bad if you can instaal it yourself. A mechanical pump, which that may be, is held on by two bolts to the side of the motor. most older cars with the carb had them,Just disconnect the fuel lines, undo the bolts, remove the old pump, instaal the new one bolt it up then reconnect the fuel lines. Done. Electric pumps, on the other hand require you to drop the fuel tank, remove thold pump, install new pump reinstall tank. Empty the tank by siphoning out as much gas as possible. so much easier to work with. I would reccommend that you change the fuel filter at the same time.

Guinness please

You'll have to have one of the Beers I "may or may not have swiped from the Cafe Basement", Macmarauder, I don't know any names of the "hard drinks" because I don't like 'em. Except Martinis. Ick. And Margaritas. Ick again. And the expensive ice cream drinks that are fattening. But they're good. :pirate:

Any particular reason why you need a good strong drink, or is your brain just tired and stuffed up like mine is?

You need to make one more post so we can have a 2000 party :thumbsup: Just noticed that.

Liz

wow i just noticed that blim. i looked it up and i'm even the top poster on BestTechie. proof positive that post count doesn't make you the best on a board. having the best friends does :)

do we have any Russian Vodka? i like it straight up. remember i'm not just a mental freak i'm also a physical freak. 6ft2 275lbs (fat but that's ok) and for some reason i have a hard time getting a buzz off alcohol. so i need hard stuff.

hey since i'm always way more comfortable online and more suseptable online if i can get drunk more easily online. lets find out! :)

wow i just noticed that blim. i looked it up and i'm even the top poster on BestTechie. proof positive that post count doesn't make you the best on a board. having the best  friends does :)

do we have any Russian Vodka? i like it straight up. remember i'm not just a mental freak i'm also a physical freak. 6ft2 275lbs (fat but that's ok) and for some reason i have a hard time getting a buzz off alcohol. so i need hard stuff.

hey since i'm always way more comfortable online and more suseptable online if i can get drunk more easily online. lets find out! :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No problem, my friend! :D

I'll just wander into the back of the bar.........I hear he's got some really potent stuff. This hard stuff is so strong that it will ingnite even if it is close to an electric light bulb.

Make mine a double, please, bar keep! :D

yeeeeah?!! a new myth busted or proven and even before the mythbusters too. :D;):D;)

don't worry bilm i'm not going anywhere, i'm stuck at home. so let the strong stuff flow!

(hopes off bar stool and dances the 2000 post dance too)

deedly deedly, deedly doo, it's off to post we go!!! :D :D :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sounds good to me, I'll have a keg of that please.............................belch.....................excuse me. :lol:

(several hours later)

i think my nerdyness is leaking out again.

(rolls my dice to decide if i take another shot)

dice.jpg

well i can't read the numbers any more but ok mr. dice if you say so.

(takes another shot)

here's a bunch of pictures of a nerd playing D&D as the DM and he goes through all the stages of drunkenness.

http://nerdbunker.com/right_side/rambling_...o_dog_visit.htm

why does my faaaace hurt and everybody looks funny, to,... me?! :blink:

steamer.jpg

So, did you get everything on your list done, RV??  I hate the days when you go as fast as you can and accomplish nothing!  One step forward, two steps back.

Liz

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes I did Liz.... :)

Actually the whole week was like that...at work. Up at 5am and home at 9pm. Trying to get things completed before winter arrives. It's like this every fall...*sigh*

*rv buys a round for everyone*

I try to hold off getting my place ready for winter. I won't shut the windows and plastic them until the first snowfall. I'll wait to turn the furnace on when it goes down to 25F. Winter lasts so long here I need all the fresh air I can get before shutting myself in for 5-6 months.