Whiskeyman's Bar

Yep Amstel light is good

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I haven't tried that, sounds good though.

I've become quite fond of European beer. I like Faxe, a good Danish beer, and Holsten, a wonderful German beer.

I highly recommend these if you're tired of domestic brew. Great stuff. :thumbsup:

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mmmmm, Faxe, good beer.

OK, there is a worm in the bottom of Mezcal bottles. Is the worm alive or dead when it goes into the bottle? If it's dead, how did it die? It's head wasn't chopped off. If it was alive, wouldn't it poop in the Mezcal before it died? What kind of worm is it? What is a worm doing in the bottom of a Mezcal bottle, anyways? Discuss.

Nooo, I didn't eat the worm. Gross.

Salt, drink, suck on a lime slice. :pirate:

Liz

Edited by blim
Mmmmm, Faxe, good beer.

OK, there is a worm in the bottom of Mezcal bottles.  Is the worm alive or dead when it goes into the bottle?  If it's dead, how did it die?  It's head wasn't chopped off.  If it was alive, wouldn't  it poop in the Mezcal before it died?  What kind of worm is it?  What is a worm doing in the bottom of a Mezcal bottle, anyways?  Discuss.

Nooo, I didn't eat the worm.  Gross.

Liz

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Egad. How did a worm get into your beer? This is a question best considered ater you've consumed 1 dozen Mezcal bottles:-) Heh-heh, in all seriousnes I have no idea why this is done. Perhaps a beer expert at BT can shed some light on this one. Is this a marketing ploy of some sort?

Mmmmm, Faxe, good beer.

OK, there is a worm in the bottom of Mezcal bottles.  Is the worm alive or dead when it goes into the bottle?  If it's dead, how did it die?  It's head wasn't chopped off.  If it was alive, wouldn't  it poop in the Mezcal before it died?  What kind of worm is it?  What is a worm doing in the bottom of a Mezcal bottle, anyways?  Discuss.

Nooo, I didn't eat the worm.  Gross.

Liz

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Liz,

Take a peek here .....

Ewwww, Sethook, that photo will give me nightmares!!! :D That story was great, though, my mom always swore that the "good stuff" had a worm in the bottle. Printing that link out for her. I'm a naughty one, I am.... ;)

Didn't succeed in getting Soccermom sis "lit up", though....My other sister and I had our Hubbys drop us off and pick us up, but noooo, Soccermom drove herself so she had to behave (although we kept volunteering our Hubbies to drive her home)....We did make her drink one Mezcal, though ;)

Good for you, Terrorist for winterizing the house!!! I wait till I can't open windows anymore. My next project is to wash the windows, inside and out and scrub the screens and I need to get that done soon while we have a warm stretch--not fun with storm windows. I always manage to pinch a finger or scrape or cut myself...ah, the joys of being a klutz!

You have a good idea with the heaters. I have a feeling that this winter, electric heat will be cheaper than natural gas or oil. Methinks I will probably attach the stovepipe to the woodstove. We disconnected it when we replaced our old furnace (the gas bill with new furnace was less than with old furnace and woodstove) and have loved not vacuuming wood chips, the occasional "smoke-outs", the grime that collects on the walls and windows and the fear of burning the place down--not to mention the discount we got on our homeowners insurance for disconnecting the stovepipe. But if natural gas is going up 71%, I'll deal with the mess or invest in a few heaters myself.

Liz

*sigh*.... :(

What a week, it's been rainy and cool. The whole yard has yellow leaves all over and still raining. So much for yard clean up week end here. Geez...and yet I heard there were snow flurries about 50 miles north from me today.

Oh well....maybe next week.

Beer please......make it a warm one.... :lol:

Ohh man, I need a couple cold ones. It's gonna be 85 here today! I mean WTF? It's October fer cryin' out loud.

Got the air conditioner out and put away, outside windows washed. A two foot thick layer of rotten hay on the new (doubled) garden space.

Now it's time for a beer by golly. Wonder what I'll feed Sweet Brit tonite.

leaves are changing color on the local mountain, but not in town yet

A little cooler in the mornings but still 80's in the afternoon. Need some rain, ground is waaaaaayyyy too dry We haven't had but half inch of rain in 8 - 9 weeks.

Need a tall cold one, maybe two

E3 Iron Buttefly-- Inna-gadda-da-vida

Just got time for a quick one.... :D Going out to the in/out laws for a big turkey spread.

(Thanksgiving). I'll try to save some to bring back if anyone is interested... :lol:

Have a good day everyone.... :thumbsup:

*jukebox.....R2...Radar Love: Golden Earring*

Ohh man, I need a couple cold ones. It's gonna be 85 here today! I mean WTF? It's October fer cryin' out loud.

Got the air conditioner out and put away, outside windows washed. A two foot thick layer of rotten hay on the new (doubled) garden space.

Now it's time for a beer by golly.  Wonder what I'll feed Sweet Brit tonite.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Whoa, 85? Where do you live, bozodog?

I'll send a dozen cold ones your way, you need em! :D It's cold and wet in Northern B.C., Canada! I'm currently on strike and I'm getting soaked on the picket line.

Cheers! :D:D

Happy Canadian Thanksgiving and Columbus Day Weekend!!!

Good luck at the Outlaw's, RV. Bring back some stuffing for me :) At least you get to go there every Thanksgiving, my Outlaws come to my house for Thanksgiving Dinner...and they always find something "wrong" (my outlaws are a piece of work, I tell ya)...I used to dread it, but now it's a challenge--and my house is so completely spotless that Christmas prep is a breeze. Last year, for the first time in 23 years, no complaints! This year, who knows??? I just don't understand why a guest in someone's house would complain about anything....guess I wasn't raised the same way they were.

Hitest, I'm about 2 1/2 hours northwest of Bozodog in Michigan, and our wonderful 80's weather is now kaput (broke a record from 1946, though!). Highs of low 50's and frost warnings :( Bozodog loves the fall weather, but I like it hot and humid! We'll take that cold 12 pack, though!! Dunno, for some reason, beer tastes better when it's cold outside....

Sorry to hear you're on strike--to me, it sounds miserable. Hope the strike results in good things for you.

Been busy freezing yellow bell peppers--good year for peppers due to a hot summer. Last year we didn't get a single pepper. Pizza, tacos and Chili will be tasty this winter!

Liz

Liz

Happy Canadian Thanksgiving and Columbus Day Weekend!!!

Hitest, I'm about 2 1/2 hours northwest of Bozodog in Michigan, and our wonderful 80's weather is now kaput (broke a record from 1946, though!).  Highs of low 50's and frost warnings  :(  Bozodog loves the fall weather, but I like it hot and humid!  We'll take that cold 12 pack, though!!  Dunno, for some reason, beer tastes better when it's cold outside....

Sorry to hear you're on strike--to me, it sounds miserable.  Hope the strike results in good things for you.

Liz

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Liz :D

Thank you! I also hope the strike ends soon, I've got a mortgage and car payments to make. I hope it is settled soon, I dislike strikes.

So much for the 80's.. That's gone until June now, I'm afraid. It's 42F here right now, good thing I covered the peppers last nite. I guess I'll pick them today. I don't think We'll get anymore production out of them.

It's gonna be a lazy Sunday for me so stock up some cold Coor's original and get ready to go racing at Kansas. 2PM EDT. Ok, so I'll do some laundry too.

Low 50s here during the day and low 40s at night. It wouldn't be too bad if the wind and light showers stopped. They say it will go back up to the 60s with sun later in the week. I still foresee mowing the lawn a few more times before getting the snowblower ready. I picked the majority of my apples and pears and have them stored for the winter.

Bozodog, what is it with laundry??? Yep, me too, got a load washing now.....

We got nipped with frost last night, the pepper leaves on the top of the plants look a bit sad--going to see if the warmer week ahead revives them, though. Nice thing about peppers is that you can pick them before they're fully "done" :thumbsup:

Just glad we aren't in Jsky's area!!! *hugs and a snowshovel for poor Jsky*

Terrorist, my yard needs cutting, too--but after the summer drought, my compost pile will appreciate the clippings--we've only cut 4 times this summer (its usually weekly). Come to think of it, the clippings will probably go right on the gardens. You've got apples and pears?? Lucky you! Yum!

Liz

So much for the 80's.. That's gone until June now, I'm afraid. It's 42F here right now, good thing I covered the peppers last nite. I guess I'll pick them today. I don't think We'll get anymore production out of them.

It's gonna be a lazy Sunday for me so stock up some cold  Coor's original and get ready to go racing at Kansas. 2PM EDT. Ok, so I'll do some laundry too.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yep, Sunday is my laundry day too. Are you participating in a race? Cool. :D

It's rainy, wet, and cool in Northern B.C., Canada this morning, getting dark too in the morning. No frost yet. :D