Whiskeyman's Bar

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cake? Where? I need cake. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM cake

Drinks all round barkeep. feeling good again, especially since eating some cake. Frosting giving me a sugar rush. Work week is over. Set me up a couple of cold guiness please barkeep

K3 Pink Floyd Money

Just for payday

Hey everyone....wus up :D

Oh...sorry to hear some are having a bit of pains and head colds. :unsure:

And a birthday ta boot...Happy birthday Liz... :D *rv buys Liz a "very tall" pitch of beer* :lol:

Just been playing with Opera for a while. So far I really like it :D Just a couple of little nitches I got to find yet. Like why I couldn't right click a link(right click on a link to "copy" isn't there to paste in a forum) so I got some reading to do I guess. :lol:

The other little glitch is everytime I add a smiley or something the little cursor blinky thingy always ends up before the smiley or what ever and I have to click the mouse to put it back on the right... :lol:

Oh well....take care people.

Beer please and can I get an order of BBQ wings, large order that is.

Thanks...dig in folks :lol:

*juke box....E4....Edgar Winter Group: Frankenstein

Tylenol time again. This time I attacked the living room. I had forgotten about how heavy my old over-sized couch, entertainment center and TV was. I decided to pull up the shag carpet seeing as it was in bad shape. What a mess. The backing crumbled and stuck to the carpet underneath. Why the previous owners stuck this shag crap over the short napped carpet I'll never know. All that was wrong with the bottom carpet was one worn spot. It was right at the entrance to the room so I placed a small mat over the spot. I really worked the shop vac on this project. My back, legs and abdominal hernia got a major work out.

Whoo, hoo, Terrorist!! I know first hand that that job is a tough one! And laying carpet-over-carpet is a "cheap" way of avoiding carpet padding, but once the back delaminates, yeah, it's a mess.

Have you pulled a corner up on the short pile carpet to see if there's hardwood underneath? I know, I know, you're saying, "darn it Liz, you're going to cause me more work" ;)

Liz

Darn, its storming, goodnight

There *is* an easy way to remove carpet. (cleaning up afterward not withstanding) Get your stanley knife out and cut the room sized piece into about 2 foot wide strips, roll them up and tie or tape the roll. This makes for a reasonable sized and weighted bundle that's easy to manuver out of the house.

Ooohhh yeah! hard wood.... Sure wish I had it... We're seriously considering it in the near future. I would be in heaven with the living area done up nice and shiney.

I did cut the shag in strips. Mostly all I had to do was start the cut then pull. It was so deteriorated that it tore easily. No hardwood floors in the old store front, but the downstairs of the main part of the house is all hardwood. The old store front was turned into a small in-law apartment. I have working on it little by little. I plan on using this as the main living quarters so I can start the work on the main house. It will be awhile before I can start that project. In the future the front of the house will revert into a computer repair shop and office.

Great sounding plans.. rough work restoring a house. It'd be nice if you had some help. Maybe a room mate is in your future?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No roommates. When I do a job most people just get in my way. I have a method and madness when approaching projects. When dealing with heavy demolition I hire a couple friends that know how to tear things apart. All I need to do is point and say trash it.

(lifts head up from behind the the bench in the back)

another beer please

well i have a weird day. i got into an argument with this blond bimbo at the store and i can now die happy.

"die? why?"

well when i couldn't convince her that i was right and that (btw she didn't let a little like facts get in the way of her being right) the laws of physics do apply to everyone. i am very serious here. i actually in real life pulled a Duck Rabbit Season on her.

DUCK SEASON!

RABBIT SEASON!

DUCK SEASON!

RABBIT SEASON!

DUCK SEASON!

RABBIT SEASON!

it actually worked in real life on someone. i never ever thought that would ever work for real. it was the funniest thing that the people at the store had ever seen. Dan was laughing so hard that he was choking on his own laughter. the only thing that could've made it better is if elmer fudd had actually come out and blasted her causing her beak to fall off like Dafty Duck.

thanks for the beer. i'm really died now so good night

(places the beer in mouth and lies back down to sleep)

(macmarauder some how sleep drinks :huh: )

(lifts head up from behind the the bench in the back)

another beer please

well i have a weird day. i got into an argument with this blond bimbo at the store and i can now die happy.

"die? why?"

well when i couldn't convince her that i was right and that (btw she didn't let a little like facts get in the way of her being right) the laws of physics do apply to everyone. i am very serious here. i actually in real life pulled a Duck Rabbit Season on her.

DUCK SEASON!

RABBIT SEASON!

DUCK SEASON!

RABBIT SEASON!

DUCK SEASON!

RABBIT SEASON!

it actually worked in real life on someone. i never ever thought that would ever work for real. it was the funniest thing that the people at the store had ever seen. Dan was laughing so hard that he was choking on his own laughter. the only thing that could've made it better is if elmer fudd had actually come out and blasted her causing her beak to fall off like Dafty Duck.

thanks for the beer. i'm really died now so good night

(places the beer in mouth and lies back down to sleep)

(macmarauder some how sleep drinks  :huh: )

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LOL, I had a beer fest like that a week ago. :lol: I felt a tad under the weather the next day. Have a good evening and sleep, old buddy. :D

Bringing Next Round To You Guys....**(walking next to the pool, scooping glasses and pitchers of "water" putting them on the tray)**

I wonder why in mexico you can't drink the water and we have no problems here...I guess they don't want everyone to know you can sell it as Tequila.

Ah Mexico, yes I would like to go there some day. :D But then I got many other places I would like to see someday also. :lol:

Ok....I'm gonna try one of those Guinness. :rolleyes:

*plunk...E5.....Yes: Roundabout*

Take care everyone.... :thumbsup:

Edited by rv56

Hi All!!!

My parents gave me a bottle of "the recipe" which I'm sharing. Apricot Cordial, made with apricots, sugar and gin. Yum, yum, warms you right up inside :thumbsup: Good thing, it's freezing here. OK, high of 53, but it has been in the 80's.....I got spoiled. At least at Whiskeyman's it's 75 degrees tonight, right????

Tomorrow my folks are having a "muscal party", a last "hurrah" before they leave for Florida..... No, I'm not eating the worm....ugh!!! I don't even like muscal (if I even spelled it right) Beer for me :) I just hope my "soccermom sister" gets looped, that's my goal for tomorrow. I'm going to get her to eat the worm ;)

Liz

Weather is chilly in Central NY. Yesterday's storm took the temps from low seventies to mid fifties. Upper thirties last night. Supposed to climb back up into the seventies for the weekend and through the week. I finished winterizing the inside of the house yesterday. Exterior and cellar next. I am thinking of grabbing a couple of those ceramic heaters to ease the use of natural gas.