Whiskeyman's Bar

So much for the 80's.. That's gone until June now, I'm afraid. It's 42F here right now, good thing I covered the peppers last nite. I guess I'll pick them today. I don't think We'll get anymore production out of them.

It's gonna be a lazy Sunday for me so stock up some coldĀ  Coor's original and get ready to go racing at Kansas. 2PM EDT. Ok, so I'll do some laundry too.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Darlene

What a race eh...I'm glad Mark won it, I've always liked Mark and his low-key style. Have you heard that he's postponed his retirement on Jack's request? Jack didn't have a driver for the car for next year so Mark is going to be back in the seat for most of the year.

This "Race for the Championship" format is really cool, I LOVE it! It's brought back a real excitement for the last part of the season hasn't it. This way, its most likely not decided until the very last race, and thats the way it should be. Last year's chase was right to the wire, and everyone was on the edge of their seats right up till the checkered flag...wow!

Anyway, as you know...my guy didn't make it...tough season for the 24 team for sure. They just couldn't put it all together, which is higfhly unusual for that team, but next year will be different I'm sure. I think Tony Stewart's 20 team deserves the cup the way they've been racing this year, but we'll see in 6 races eh...

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You bet Tony's been racing his heart out this year. He's been my man since he stepped into the HomeDepot machine. Dunno 'bout JG though, maybe he's just getting too full of himself? He keeps whinning about "aero this and aero that"(too much of a good thing?) What happened to just driving the damn wheels off the car like the other guys?

Yeah, I like the new points rule. And Mark really deserved that win. He was on top of it all day. Another season? Well well... That will make the sponsers and fans happy. Dale Jerret winning last week was sweet too. The ole' boys still have it in 'em. This season was kinda sad with Jr. not doing so well. I just can't figure what went wrong. I guess he needs a strong, dominate crew chief to keep him on his game. We know he has the equiptment.

GO TONY!!!!!

Hi my friends

Don't get around much anywhere

Old timers would remember how I await il_wiccans vacation

To see me and will happen next week

Ouch a party time that I wish you could share

Far out as the telephone is much nicer than typing

Hey Dave, left Marty a PM, read yours and managed to lose all 100 from G4

Rats........

Looking forward to a Canadian party in Edmonton Feb 2007

Take care my friends

Marsh

Hi my friends

Don't get around much anywhere

Old timers would remember how I await il_wiccans vacation

To see me and will happen next week

Ouch a party time that I wish you could share

Far out as the telephone is much nicer than typing

Hey Dave, left Marty a PM, read yours and managed to lose all 100 from G4

Rats........

Looking forward to a Canadian party in Edmonton Feb 2007

Take care my friends

Marsh

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You didn't lose the Pms Marsh. Remember what we talked about creating a new folder to store the PMs at G4? The one you made is titled Don like in the following image. Take care my friend. It was great talking to you last night.

PMs.gif

Ok, dang it!Ā  I really need a stiff one. Just when we get a few bucks ahead... Now! We need new tires... had a flat and it ain't worth getting the skin fixed... So...... good bye winter boots for a week or two.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Make mine a double.....................anything. :D

Like you bozodog my money situation was good up until last week. I'm now on strike, not sure when I'll be back to work. Oh well. :D

Everyone should just pack up and move down south this winter. Grab jobs rebuilding homes and businesses. One would stay warm, be closer to the cheaper gas and get to grab some of that money coming in. Time to get a DBA. Dewey, Cheatem and Howe Contracting. B)

Had not a bad day today. A little hectic but other wise it was good. Sunny and warm with still a touch of coolness in the air. Suppose to be good through to the week-end.

I'll get a brew please and one of those bucket of peanuts. :D

*kerching---A4...Nazareth:This Flight Tonight*

Take it easy people.... :thumbsup:

Hoo, boy, RV, I know how hectic days are...had one myself!!! Been working on trying to find a home for an abandoned cat (not my house! Nuh, uh, Hubby hates cats and we have a "cat chasing dog" who thinks she rules the roost) what a pain.

Bozodog--sorry to hear about the tire troubles. Wish I could send our town's "creepy tire guy" down to you. He is the best. Yes, he is creepy looking, but has 4 daughters, so he is just a Godsend to women (one of the rare mechanics that will not rip women off!)

I am celebrating because the eccentric kid I worry about is now 21--legal in every way!!! Phew!!! Yes, he is barhopping, yes he has not one, but two desiginated drivers. So a toast to legality (and not getting busted beforehand!!) Skol!

Liz

Ok, now that beer is cheaper than gas.... I say:

DRINK, DON'T DRIVE!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That wouldn't have worked for me if I still boozed it up. What I drank a day would fill up a couple of vehicles for a week today. Here Jack Daniels is $3.25 a shot and Bud is $2.75 a bottle in the bars. It would now cost me about $175.00 for a former easy day of drinking. It wasn't so bad when I owned the bar because all I paid was the initial cost of a bottle of JD and the case of Bud which was about $30.00. :wacko:

Ok, now that beer is cheaper than gas.... I say:

DRINK, DON'T DRIVE!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Walking is better for ya anyways...excercise is what i think they call it...and curling is when they pick the beer up and drink...

Just an update to announce that Son survived his 21st birthday accident, arrest and hangover free!!! He did, however go into his first, um....politely speaking...."Gentleman's Club"....WITH his sister in attendance (boy was she mad that she declared her boyfriend be the DD--you know the rules, the DD gets to choose the bars!) Naughty Boyfriend!!

Liz

Thats great blim.... :thumbsup:

Hey I just looked at the main page and I'm logged in all by myself!!!! Wahooo I got the run of the whole place... :lol: Free drinks and food I can do anything I want!!!!

Wait a sec. :huh:

Hey come on people.... <_< ...I just came out of the shower... :unsure: it wasn't me.. :o

Walking is better for ya anyways...excercise is what i think they call it...and curling is when they pick the beer up and drink...

Wait a minute, excerise? huh? Whenever I get that feeling, I lay down till the urge goes away. ^_^ And yep, the 12 ounce curls are the best low impact activity you can find.

"gentlemens club"? Err.. is that where they sit around smoking cigars and discuss "Sherlock Holmes"? Heh heh.....

""gentlemens club"? Err.. is that where they sit around smoking cigars and discuss "Sherlock Holmes"? Heh heh....."

Oh, no, I WISH....think topless dancers.... :blink: Naughty Daughter's Boyfriend, naughty, naughty, naughty (just wait till I see him, but I know he will laugh his head off)!!! And I was sworn to secrecy not to tell Son's Girlfriend.... :D

Hmmm, think of the muscles you'd build doing 40 ounce curls...

Liz

"Gentlemans Club".....uhhh...LOL!!

Not many "Gentlemen" in those places usually, and if there are, they don't usually stay that way for long...;)

BD

C'mon gal, you're being too hard on JG. When that team is having a tough year, it's Jeff's fault and he's whining, but when Jr has the same type of year, you're all sympathetic an stuff....what gives??

;) ;)

JG drives at 110% all the time, they just can't keep the car balanced it seems. He'll qualify at or near the top, but the car seems to fall off quickly this year and they lose the handle on it. Same thing is happening to Jr, both those teams seem to have trouble keeping grip this year.

You just won't admit that JG is one of the best drivers in NASCAR history, because he was the first of the "young guns" back in the "good-ole-boys" days, and alot of folks hated him just for that reason. Not much of a reason...look at all the young guns hitting the track these days, Jeff paved the way for every one of them. He was the first non good-ole-boy that had the talent to win.....lots, and he really got a bad rap just for that.

Ah well, that's NASCAR eh..:)

What a wild one tonite huh, they couldn't keep the tires on them things, so the wall was a very popular place, as was the infield care center. Jr sure smacked it hard...ouch! Yah, Jeff too...;) terrible luck for both those teams this year.

Jimmy and Tony tied for the lead....cool! Both those teams deserve a Championship, and since Tony already has one....GO JIMMY!!

• 1 month later...

Fresh cashews and limes have arrived! Good thing booze doesn't spoil--yep, wiccan's stash is still here, yea!

Staying away from the pool tonight. :thumbsup: ...maybe....

A toast to the doors finally getting unlocked. Skol!

Liz