Whiskeyman's Bar

Eww, rotten luck. Doesn't your tractor have a blade? Your poor friend, doing ya a favor and getting stuck.

No blade. It's a 14HP lawn tractor with a 42" mower deck and 24" blower. I sold my old 8N Ford tractor many years ago. That had a blade and would start in the worse weather. I could kick myself in the butt for doing that.

We have received 43.5" of snow so far this season. We are ahead of normal snowfall for this time of year. Looks like we are going to surpass our regular 200".

Edited by TheTerrorist_75
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forget the nuts just give me a beer, waited all week for Adelphia to show up and fix the line into the house and now we have a n ice storm so the damn cable will probably break again

Drinks on me folks.... This is gonna be that last b-day for me! No more, no way, uh uh.......

*pass the cashews.

or you could be like others and some how your age starts going in revers around birthday time. i know a woman that's had 5 29th birthdays. :D

did you have a good birthday minus the puter trouble?

if the answer is no then you get a group hug :wub:

if the answer is yes then you still get a group hug :wub:

or you could be like others and some how your age starts going in revers around birthday time. i know a woman that's had 5 29th birthdays. biggrin.gif

Mac, I've had 30 of them....

Oh, and thanx for the group grope, errr wubs..

Edited by bozodog

MMmmm. bloody mary, now that sounds good. Set me up with one. I don't mind the 4 to 5 foot of snow we have in my area. It's that it hasn't got out of the teens here for over two weeks. Now for the last week, it's staying in the single to minus digit temps.

Nice pic BD. Pour me a stiff one. I'm out in the SF/Oakland CA area for a week. I'm using my sister in law's Apple G3, os 9.2, IE for Mac 5.1 and it's crapping out on a lot of sites. Any one got any suggestions? It won't support Firefox.

Hey Keith L. Dick, let it rip.

Cheers everybody!

Nice pic BD. Pour me a stiff one. I'm out in the SF/Oakland CA area for a week. I'm using my sister in law's Apple G3, os 9.2, IE for Mac 5.1 and it's crapping out on a lot of sites. Any one got any suggestions? It won't support Firefox.

Hey Keith L. Dick, let it rip.

Cheers everybody!

These are the only browsers suggested for Mac OS 9.x besides IE 5.1.7.

Mac OS 9.x Netscape 7.02 Download - 19.9MB

WaMCom version of Mozilla 1.3.1

iCab

Thanks TT_75. She's afraid I'm going to break her comp, so I'm just going to leave as is. Some have to be dragged into the future. Thanks for the info though and I hope you have a safe and happy holiday.

Happy Yule to you. Explain that those browsers won't break the system but should improve it.

Thanks TT_75. She's afraid I'm going to break her comp, so I'm just going to leave as is. Some have to be dragged into the future. Thanks for the info though and I hope you have a safe and happy holiday.

Happy Yule to you. Explain that those browsers won't break the system but should improve it.

Thanks TT. I'm not sure she understands what a browser is. It's only a few days, I can wait until I get home to surf freely. My brother is very computer literate, but he can't get her to change her ways either. It's her world, I'll let her live in it. She's too sweet to upset her over such a little thing. Thanks for helping though, I'm going to leave her the info in case she decides to get brave. She's survived brain surgery while fully awake and watching it on a monitor, so she's no pansy, it's just kind of funny she's so paranoid about her comp.

LOL, Makai, if anyone can understand where SIL is coming from, I sure can!! :D

1. Idiot boxes are too expensive to chance screwing up

2. Trying to decifer the tech language

3. See number 2 when it comes to learning a new gadget (which is why I still use IE--I know how it works....kinda)

4. Brain surgery vs. monkeying around with a computer? Yeah, I'd choose surgery, too!

Now, if you want to "nudge" her into a new browser, buy her a Dummies Book for it and then have her sign up here, where folks know how to explain tech in very simple English words :thumbsup:

How about some Captain Nog? :pirate:

Liz

OOOOOO Liz, some Captain Nog! Pass it on over. (I hope that's rum and egg nog).

I'm just going to let my brother deal with it. I just can't resist telling people how to improve their system, but I try not to be obnoxious about it. Anyway we're having too much fun to worry about comps. We found a place in Oakland that sells burritos almost the size of a loaf of bread, and I'm not exagerrating. I remember hearing that you shouldn't eat anything bigger than your head, and these were close. They were delicious but man they did a number on my digestive system (I won't go into detail). I clink my glass with you sister.