The Random Randomness Thread Of Randomtivity

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My mother had a cat that would even bring snakes home, sometimes dead sometimes still alive. He would drop them on the living room floor. He would also bring home rabbits and hares, mice, shrews and moles.

Yep that is a good term for my cat, besides bossy, alarm cat! She is a Siamese mix, so maybe it is the elite dna that has her thinking everyone should do what she says when she says it. Actually she doesn't have the Siamese voice (the first one we had sure was a talker though), but her body language does the job. Today she was trying to get me to come get on the computer, but I was reading the paper, and with air conditioner on hadn't planned to do it anyhow. But she kept pacing instead of taking her nap, and finally hubby said she wants you on the computer, well I came in here and she settled right down for a nap. Bossy! Ha! :rolleyes:

She is still a bit unhappy today, she had to go to the vet yesterday for her annual checkup and shots and had blood drawn for tests. No matter how hard she fought it, she couldn't convince anyone to let her alone. In fact had to be put in a kitty straight jacket so she wouldn't take bites out of us all. I had put catnip in her cage before we put her in, and the vet sprayed a phrenomone (sp?) in cage that calms cats down but she was still trying to escape, growling, and hissing and generally acting like a toddler having a temper tantrum. But she came out with a good initial report which is good news for an 11 year old that takes seizure medicine. That is always the biggest worry for me, that she will get so upset she'll have a seizure. So hopefully the blood test results will be OK to for her liver, and level of meds in bloodstream.

Pat (and her cat :rolleyes: )

God bless everyone.

Snakes, Robroy?? Ewwwwww and scary!!

Pat, your cat sounds like my dog--bossy!! I get the nose nudge at my right elbow when I'm on the computer which means "pet me, pet me" (she knows which side the mouse is on!) Ah, well, if you're not supposed to spoil the kids, so you might as well spoil the pets, right??

A kitty straight jacket?? Hoo Boy, Macmarauder's going to have fun with that one when he gets online..... :thumbsup: My dog is a big chicken at the vet--and she has never been hurt there, she doesn't even flinch with shots. Once, she got so scared getting blood drawn for heartworm testing that she actually fainted. What a baby!!

Liz

Ohh, man. Cats are just soo funny. And folks don't think they're smart? Ha! My bossy one is Gypsy, she's the "beta" female-in-charge of family harmony. No fighting or yelling in this house, or she gets all out of sorts and starts pushing around her 120 pound, 38" high shoulders, and 6' strech. We call her the guardian.

Gypsy......

OlivianGypsy60.jpg

And our lil devil ginger, Pip.

PICT0009.jpg

Another tragic day is upon us, with no recourse and no option to look back. I have failed to realize that every dream has to end and the morning wake is dreadfully stalking our consciousness. I tremble, startling me from my slumber, only to awake in a face full of sweat and tears. “What it all real? Maybe another life I have lived? Could it have been a premonition of some sort, with specific clues to find?†There is not ending to the vast resource of the mind, but eternally it smolders to a burnt smell and toxic repository. I can only image such demise in death, far from disturbing the longevity of my dreams. With a lasting breathe; vagueness and serenity reveal the sound of my fate, a throbbing buzzer of some sort. Deprivation of the night leaves unwillingly in the wake of a new light, the constant that drives my precious dreams back to there hideaways. At last I see the light and believe in the new day, venting my frustration to a single device, which was set to my liking way before the tragedy ever began.

What could I be?!!! Good luck Guessing...

the greatest teacher you can ever have is yourself. you don't even need to go out and search for new sources, you already have plenty. movies, tv, books you've read, watching others as they go about their lives, your own experiences. just sit, relax and think. even replaying your own life experiences again and again can tech you alot. when you learn to watch others and fully imagine yourself as them, just watching the news is very filling.

Makai, it is weird!!! Makes me hungry everytime I go outside. But I suppose it's better than when the farmers are spreading manure on the fields.....ah, the life and smells of living in a farm community (I'm not a farmer!!!)

Liz

Makai, it is weird!!! Makes me hungry everytime I go outside.  But I suppose it's better than when the farmers are spreading manure on the fields.....ah, the life and smells of living in a farm community (I'm not a farmer!!!)

Liz

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, better than here where they're trying to stop one of those giant hog farm operations from starting. Ugh!