The Random Randomness Thread Of Randomtivity

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HOT RODS!

The Street Rod Nationals are here this weekend.

Sparkly, rummbling, colorful hot rods everywhere! GO fast, fat tired, beautiful cars. Ooohhhh Yeah!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Lucky you. I have stopped going to car shows. Everytime I do, I want a classic car. Unfortunately, I just don't have the time/checkbook to restore/buy one.

<Sigh>

BH

Oh!!!! Jsky (or anyone else)!!! What is with the "thanks for all the fish" comment?? I've heard that a lot in the past year or so, and don't know what it means--is that from the Hitchiker's movie, too? (yeah, I'm out of the loop :) )

Liz

Edited by blim

Yes it is. It's at the beginning of the show (or book).

All the dolphins leave earth before it gets destroyed because it's in the way for the building of the galactic highway. They are all saying "So Long, And Thanks For All The Fish"

have you ever drunken 50 million year old water? think of it, even the tap water is just water from the ocean that trickled its way down.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

most of the water on the planet is even older than 50 million , it was made as the planet cooled, so it is probably 300 million years or older

That makes me feel young

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Kind of makes ya wonder about the saying "To drink from the fountain of youth". :lol:

i was just watching some of the guy from "Jack A**" give interviews on the Tonight Show and it made me think. imagine that your an alien and your job is to scan for transmissions from intelligent life in the universe, much like we do here. you don't know what frequencies these will be on so like here you skim through the different frequencies. so just imagine what aliens must think of us based on our TV, Radio, ect. some shows make me worried that aliens might consider giving us the secrets to the universe and then they see certain TV shows and decide to avoid us at all costs.

I always wondered, They say the earth is over 5.5 billion years old. And that all life started in the last 3/4 of a billion years.

Now we know that civilizations, buildings and most of what they build can completely disappear in thousands of years. And what in millions of years.

Now a major thing like a large comet could wipe out everything, and reduce all life to barely nothing, and change the face of the earth.

So what could have started in the previous billion years. When the earth was only 4 billion years old. Could a race have grown and developed here. Whole civilizations grown, developed and even spread out into space and we might never know a thing about it's existence.

Now you say science can prove otherwise. Can They? Remember, Two thousand years ago, we swore the earth was the center of the universe, two hundred years ago, we swore the earth was flat. And 5 minutes ago you swore we were along in the universe. (Anyone ever seen macmarauder's birth certificate???)

Science is always proving themselves wrong. Stephen Hawking's is proving allot of Einsteins theories are incorrect.

So how long before someone digs a hole in the right place and finds an artifact that might be a billion years old.

Remember. All life that we know, has only been here on earth a very short time.

And what about macmarauder??? Maybe we should turn him over to the government for testing! Or just tie him up and tickle his feet (all six of them) untell he tells us where his spaceship is stashed.

maybe the original broadcast of "War of the Worlds"

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

lol :D what if we finally receive their version of "War of the Worlds" ? how freaky is that?

BTW here's a little Dr. Seuss's story about the history of the NERD. we have Black History month, why not Nerd History month?

http://home.comcast.net/~brons/NerdCorner/nerd.html

I always wondered, They say the earth is over 5.5 billion years old. And that all life started in the last 3/4 of a billion years.

Now we know that civilizations, buildings and most of what they build can completely disappear in thousands of years. And what in millions of years.

Now a major thing like a large comet could wipe out everything, and reduce all life to barely nothing, and change the face of the earth.

So what could have started in the previous billion years. When the earth was only 4 billion years old. Could a race have grown and developed here. Whole civilizations grown, developed and even spread out into space and we might never know a thing about it's existence.

Now you say science can prove otherwise. Can They? Remember, Two thousand years ago, we swore the earth was the center of the universe, two hundred years ago, we swore the earth was flat. And 5 minutes ago you swore we were along in the universe. (Anyone ever seen macmarauder's birth certificate???)

Science is always proving themselves wrong. Stephen Hawking's is proving allot of Einsteins theories are incorrect.

So how long before someone digs a hole in the right place and finds an artifact that might be a billion years old.

Remember. All life that we know, has only been here on earth a very short time.

And what about macmarauder??? Maybe we should turn him over to the government for testing! Or just tie him up and tickle his feet (all six of them) untell he tells us where his spaceship is stashed.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

YIPE!!! they know too much. :matrix: i will gladly explain every thing if you'll just look here for a second.

(bright flash of light)

:mellow::mellow::mellow::mellow::mellow::mellow::mellow::mellow:

i just remembered something funny that i said when i was a kid. my mother asked me why i hadn't done the dishes yet and i said. "i hope that by leaving them alone and giving them some privacy that they'll procreate and save us money on broken dishes"

sorry it's getting a little weird. this is why i shouldn't be left alone for the weekend.

Hey Mac isn't the alien here. I am and I have a nice little card that says so, issued by the Immigration and Naturalization Services of the United States of America. I clearly states that I am a resident alien. Now you will see who has the real power to destroy the world

My oh my where did I put that neutronium disintegrator ray gun

Now we know that civilizations, buildings and most of what they build can completely disappear in thousands of years.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You bring up a good point. The problem is, after time the fossil record is destroyed as it is recycled through plate techtonics. Now to really fry your mind, some scientists are starting to debate the theory of 'panspermia', the idea that life began elsewhere, probably in the Ort cloud, and is seeded onto planets by comets. Some even surmise this may be how virus' keep popping up seemingly from nowhere.

BH