Has Anyone Seen, Thesidekickcat Around ?

She last posted on June 23, so she hasn't been here for over a month now....highly unusual for her isn't it!

Now I'm a little worried...I hope she's alright.

I'll check at G4 and see when she was last there and post back.

She's been MIA! Sometime around the board format change, we were PMing and she did mention she was having a lot of trouble with her computer--I sure hope that is the problem and nothing to do with her or her Hubby's health!!

I sent her a PM a few weeks ago and she hasn't responded--and she's always quick with her replies. I lurked at G4 and even Leoville looking to see if she was posting and no sign of her.

I'll pop her another PM and see what happens when I check the "track this message" button. Never did that before, but I assume it shows whether the receiver got it or not...

Any one else see our little kitty??

Liz

Thanks, guys ! I sure hope she is ok. I like her and yes she always posts and responds quickly. I just so happened to be surfing around and noticed that I have not seen any posts from her.

Again I hope all is ok with her & family. Maybe it is like you said, computer problems. Lets just hope that is all it is.

Thanks for the update.

Jeesch, if it's computer problems she knows the best of help is right here. Unless it had a total meltdown. I don't know her very well, but maybe one of you can see if she has a e-mail in her profile. Sure hope she and her family are ok.

I just sent her an email asking her to let me know if she's OK, or just taking a holiday for awhile...I hope she doesn't mind.

I'll let you know if she responds back to me.

Here is an exerpt from her last PM (hope she doesn't mind me relaying them, and you know Sidekickcat, its "windy" :) )

"The trouble right now is I may need the board for tech help, I have had a mouse freeze twice recently. First time, I just cleaned mouse and the mouse pad and it worked. The last time (the day Jeff changed the boards) but before I went online, entire computer froze, mouse and keyboard...everything, couldn't even turn it off with hard shut down, not ctrl/alt/delete, not from start, not from computer button. So had to shut off the power strip. Waited a few minutes, and turned it back on and it is fine. Only thing I did was Microsoft updates. I thought I had them all done, the critical ones, but still found new ones last week. Did several one day, and had one act a little funny on install, but it did it ok finally. Then did another one the other day, (I try to wait to do updates until I get a little better speed on my dialup connection), then the next day was when it really froze up. So am suspecting it was the updates both of which were security updates for windows 2000. Luckily I write the numbers down. One good, but odd, thing that happened during the freeze up was my Norton firewall added 11 months to the subscription the day it happened. Wasn't me, in fact was offline when the freeze happened, and saw it later when still offline when I opened up Norton to make sure it was ok. So have until the 11th to uninstall my old antivirus and install the new 2005 one I have on hand, but at least don't have to buy a firewall now, which is good as there haven't been any sale/rebates free after upgrade offers for months to get a new one. So that works out now. Wierd, but amazing.

And so I was going to ask for advice but then the board change happened, so will wait for awhile to see what happens both with board readability and with computer.

I just did a backup cd for all my stuff before I got online, but when I went to test it out, nothing opened. So don't know what the problem is with whatever it is that opens and reads them. So more stuff to stress me out.

So all sorts of things going strange, not even a Friday the 13th, or full moon to explain them either.

By the way, thanks for your offer to have me email you, but my web email through CFAITH is worse to see than this PM reply type. So I very rarely use it. Thanks again, and if something comes up to send you one, I will."

And of course, I got a Blessing :thumbsup:

I know her Hubby came here to play in the arcades under her account, so he would have seen a PM for her---I have a sneaking suspicion it's her computer (again, I hope so!)

Liz

Hi Shadow..... :D

Good of you to ask about Sidekick....cause I've been wondering about her myself. She's rarely missed a day to be on the forums.

Thanks for the info. Blim......computer problems are one thing but at least this shows she wasn't having any health problems.

Hoping she'll get it fixed soon and be back with us.

Computer problem or she's taking a holiday either way.....hopefully your e-mail will reach her Chappy.

Hi Shadow:

Glad to see you here.

I also was wondering about sidekickcat. She always drops by everyday in BestTechie Cafe and updates us what is going on in her part of the country. I hope it is only her computer, and that she and her hubby are OK.

Anybody that can find out some info, please update us, as I know you will. A member of our BT family is MIA.

Barb :(

Just wondering, as I have not seen her in sometime. Hope all is well with her.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That is disturbing indeed!

macmarauder and I have a friend named chinawht and she went missing a year ago. She just dropped off the face of the planet. I hope Thesidekickcat returns soon!

Just wondering, as I have not seen her in sometime. Hope all is well with her.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That is disturbing indeed!

macmarauder and I have a friend named chinawht and she went missing a year ago. She just dropped off the face of the planet. I hope Thesidekickcat returns soon!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, I remember chinawht, used to see her in chat alot too, but she's MIA now as well...

We're losing some, hopefully only temporarily, and maybe getting Goliath back.

Well, while its great to see the G-Man posting again...I hate to see our other friends go missing without notice.

(lights a candle in the window of the Cafe' to light the way for our friends return)

i miss Thesidekickcat and Chinawht. :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Me too, my friend! It disturbs me when great people vanish. :(

God bless you all for caring about me.

Made me cry a bit when I read this wonderful thread, and yes it was right at the top of my view new posts (I have some 24 pages to catch up on).

I have answered some email and PMs. So that took awhile to get to here to reply.

I will update people a bit by copying ( to save a bit of time on my dialup isp usage) what I replied today, to Chappy's email. I hope that is ok?

Quote:

Thanks so much for your (and the Besttechie bunch)

concern for my hubby and I. It is so nice to be

warmly thought of and missed. Thank you so much.

This is my first day back on the internet in weeks. At

first I was trying to solve some computer problems that

started up after a Windows update and got that solved

with a defrag. Also had problems with my dialup isp

that they finally got corrected with an update to their

software. So all that, plus backing up my stuff, and

then getting my Norton 2005 antivirus installed today

solved the computer problems, I hope!!!

But the main problem was both hubby and I have had more

than the usual amount of back and neck pain for weeks

now. We are doing better and I sure hope we continue to

improve. Don't know if we overdid on yard and garden

work, or if as the neighbors think, we got a virus like

they did, that settled into our muscles.Very swollen

and sore muscles that tended to pull various vertebrae

etc out of place, and that activated our old problems

from a car accident many years ago. That was main

problem keeping me off computer, as it sits right near

an air conditioner and the cold would have made my sore

neck and back alot worse. Today is cooler then the

upper 80s to 96 degree days we've had, so am back to

the computer to begin to catch up. And as soon as I

send this will head over to Besttechie, my favorite

boards. Sure have missed everyone!!!

So as long as the air conditioner can stay off I will

be able to be back online, I hope.

Thanks again for your thinking about us.

Uquote.

So thankfully the antivirus update went well, the firewall (as Liz showed in copy of my PM) is good till next June and both are updated, and computer is working fine. Praise God!!! I am more leery of Windows updates now, and I know there are more to do since I did last ones. I just hope and pray they work better than ones that gave me trouble!!!

So now I need to get busy catching up on what all you folks have been doing while I was MIA.

I sure missed you all.

God bless everyone.

Hi Pat, and WELCOME BACK!!

I just got home and read your email, I was very happy to hear you 2 are OK...well, besides the aches and pains of our generation...;)

Of course we are VERY concerned when one of our family goes MIA without prior notice to someone, thats just how we are here at Besttechie's hangout....one big family!

(remember that in your wills everyone...my mailing address will be available soon ;) )

We'll see you around chat, take care of that back.

Welcome Back Thesidekickcat

Very glad to read your post tonight.

I understand about the AC and how it does not help with the aches and pains,I sit near a vent and if I sit too long my knees and shoulder get stiff and sore,I finally bought a deflector to install so the air does not blow on me. B)

I wish you and your other half the best and hope you get better soonest.

tenmm :D

Welcome back, thesidekickcat!!! :D:D

Very sorry to hear about the muscle aches and strains, yard work and a virus will do that! I'm happy you've got your computer on-line again.

It's good to see you again!!