The Random Randomness Thread Of Randomtivity

Mac, you will "always" be in the positive hanging around here...  :wub:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i feel more like a 0 than a 1 though. not because i'm worthless but i feel like a circular object floating off into space. :P

i think that we might need posting insurance here. there was two threads that smacked right into each other. :lol:

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

when wife gets insomnia I get kept awake. If I try to sleep she will start moving stuff around to aggravate me and keep me awake

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That is passive agressive for: "I am suffering, please comfort me."

My wife does that too. I have countered in three ways.

1) Benedril. Go get two, a turkey sandwich, and a glass of warm milk. <coma ensues :)>

2) Counter with a guilt trip. I get up, comfort her for 10 minutes, then fall asleep in a chair.

3) Get a big box fan and place it by the bed on high. Then I can't hear anything. This is also how my wife defeats her insomnia brought on by my snoring :)

There are a few other options, but they are best left unspecified in polite company.

:D

BH

I can't torture my husband, he works third shift, otherwise I'd be like Robroy's wife :)

And Hubby "says" the reason he's a third shifter is because he can't handle my tossing and turning and kicking ("that woman never stops moving") and blanket hogging when I do sleep. Fine with me. He snores. And I get all the covers. :)

Liz

another random randomness thought:

you know how some movie stars have an on screen presence and how some people have a certain presence when they walk into a room. well do some people have an online presence?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think that the people who post enough for us to "know" them show us enough of their personalities to have an online recognizable presence. With plenty of posts to show themselves, I think it would be hard to be phony without noticeably tripping up here and there. So I think that "presence" is simply being oneself online or off, and allowing yourself to be yourself is a good thing!!! Whenever someone is real I think they have a certain special presence that is observable by all. I think too that most people gravitate to those who are real instead of phony baloney fakers, (other than those who idolize and try to copy movie or rock stars etc where fake is the key word.)

Now for a funny story on me. When I was in high school, I was visiting an elderly "courtesy aunt" (family friend), and she made a statement that nearly blew me over. Said she thought I had an unusual "grace" (unusual she meant for someone brought up dirt poor with no real training in social graces) each time I entered a room because I would pause at the entrance before going on in, as if I was "making an entrance". After I thanked her for her compliment and when I stopped laughing, I told her it wasn't any effort on my part to "make an entrance" but due to my nearsightedness I would pause at the door to be sure nothing was in my way to trip over, even if I had been there before in case someone moved the furniture or whatever. She ended up laughing with me, and every time I think about it even all these years later it gives me a chuckle, and yes I still do the pause at the door routine. Ha!!! :rolleyes:

So all in favor of being open and real, just being ourselves, online and off, say yea and amen!!! :rolleyes::thumbsup:

Pat.

God bless everyone.

another random randomness thought:

you know how some movie stars have an on screen presence and how some people have a certain presence when they walk into a room. well do some people have an online presence?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

now you know what's funny, i feel the same way about cars. i've said it before but thanks to my father i've had a automotivly privileged life and i know that i'm sounding crazy again. but i mean it. when i was young i got to sit in an old racing ac cobra. it had won alot of races and the owner never ever restored it. i mean he fixed it so that it could race some more but he never fixed anything astedically. paint comes off, will he fix it. NOPE! from torn up spots on the interior to the worn imprints on the steering wheel from the driver gripping the wheel as hard as he could in the race. i swear that you could almost feel the tension of the driver gritting his teeth and smell the sweat pouring off his face. latter on i got to stand next to another ac cobra. it was newly made from the shelby factory in Las Vegas and hadn't any stories to tell yet and i didn't feel nothing like the used ac cobra. yes they still make them and they even still make the 427 shelby motors like they used to. they just cost and arm and a leg but if you've got the money.

he's something else that'll make me sound crazy. i own an 86 ford bronco. i don't like ford broncos. i think that they are poorly designed, overly complicated, and don't perform or run all that well. this one was a 2 owner car before me and the first owner took extremely good care of it. i've got every piece of paper work of every thing done to it until 4 years before me. the second owner beat the crap out of it. he really ran it out into the ground and literally never turned a bolt on it for several years. the engine almost gummed up from the lack of an oil change alone. it didn't even run for more than 5 minutes without over heating (unless it was moving down the road) and had a heck of a rod knock and it sounded like 2 piston or valves slapping. my father was surprised that it was still running at all. when he drove it and i just sat in the passenger seat it ran like crud. it didn't like him at all. after towing it home and doing just the basics (LOF, tune-up, ect.) it ran pretty good. i had driven several broncos around that same year range and non of them performed or even felt the same as this one. then i readjusted everything, mostly by feel and listening to the engine. i know i know but i was taught old school. by the time that i was done with just using stock parts and treated it like it should be treated it ran far better than any bronco i had ever driven. my father ended up driving it a couple of times helping me adjust the the carb. he compared it as better than the 96 models (also with the 351 HO) he had driven. there is something special about it like the ac cobra, it didn't give up and still wanted to drive. about 4 - 6 years of total abuse and it still fought back. i felt something when i first saw it.

i'm sorry for the long story but feeling cars is so much apart of my life. personally i think that if reincarnation is possible than it is possible to come back as a car.

ohhh and ahmen thesidekitcat :) even us crazy ones too