The Ranting Game

It used to be when they saw my 260+ pound mostly muscled frame with hair down to the middle of my back and a beard to the bottom of my breastbone they would run out of the way. Now that I have short hair witrh a trimmed beard and weigh only 210 they don't get as afraid. It probably also helps that I quit scowling and no longer reek of Jack Daniels. People used to say that the look in my eyes was death to those who impeded me.

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am afraid I am guilty of pushing the shopping cart down middle of aisle thing sometimes (swerving to the right as needed for others to pass), but alot of times I do it because I don't want to walk close to the goods on shelves that are sticking out into aisle to knock them off, or those blinkety-blankety stupid stick straight out take a coupon thingamajiggers, those things could poke an eye out and are low enough even for my eyes. And what's the idea of planning a new store with posts in the aisle to have trouble getting around with cart? Why weren't the support posts (brand new store a year ago), designed into the shelving units, or the floor plan arranged to avoid having them in the middle of the aisle with barely squeeze by room for cart...!!!! Grrrrr! And why line up those portable tables of bakery and other nonsense at the check out area where you need room to stand in line? That works at slow times of day maybe, but not when alot of shoppers are trying to check out of the few open checkstands...due to rest of checkers going on break at rush hour!!! And how come the store is to lazy to stock sale items on normal shelf area if they also have it somewhere on an end aisle, instead of making you run all over the store checking for their special display, or ask for help from store people who don't have any idea where they put stuff....????!!!! Grrr!!!!

Now to comment on the problem of someone blocking an aisle with cart while gabbing with someone, I have a sneaky way to solve that one. Just nicely remind them that someone could have taken their purse from the cart's child seat section while they were gabbing and to be careful not to leave it unguarded. Works everytime, they say thanks for reminder, grab their cart close to them, and all is well. I just figure it is a better way to deal with it, than getting mad.

The only ones I blow at are the cart shovers who seem to like to push carts into peoples legs for the fun of it or ?, or ones who force their cart through the lines ahead of people no matter who they might hurt..!!!! Or the ones who just have to go through your side of aisle while you are bending over getting something off the lower shelf... when they bump my back it really hurts my bad back, then after they bump you they say sorry (sometimes). So why can't they take time to say excuse me but can I come through because I am running late or whatever, then wait for me to straighten up (or help me up) before they move into my space????? If they bump me, after I blow up, I just tell them someday they wont be so young and healthy, and then they will see how much things can hurt.

Speaking of carts going to the right, how about the people who design double doors for store entrance/exit that are reversed so left is going in or out instead of right side...Kmart comes to mind on that pet peeve of mine, but I know others do it too. Really irritating and dangerous too if you are in front of wrong door and someone comes through it, especially a problem for nearsighted people like me!!!

Ok I am ranted out for now folks, back to your normal viewing. Ha! Actuallly I think threads like this are good safe outlets for us to spout off the irritations of life so we don't do it in reality.

Pat

God bless everyone.

Aw, Terrorist, you wouldn't scare me--the big guys are marshmallow on the inside :wub: (but I won't tell anyone--oops, I just did)

Pat, you're right about grocery stores being downright dangerous! You reminded me of one thing I'm passionate about. Toddlers who have parents that allow them to stand up in grocery carts! I don't care how many dirty looks I get or how many "I'm the parent" responses I get, when I see that, I tell the kid to sit on his bottom, that the grocery store floor is cement under the tile (and I use my "mommy means business voice"). I witnessed a toddler tumble out of a cart when working at a grocery store (I dove but just missed him) and it fractured his skull. Thank God he ended up being alright, but it scared the daylights out of me.

Liz

... The only ones I blow at are the cart shovers who seem to like to push carts into peoples legs for the fun of it or ?, or ones who force their cart through the lines ahead of people no matter who they might hurt. ...

Good Lord!!! Where on Earth are you?!? They shove carts into each other there? I'm stunned! I've been bumped maybe three times? Four, tops? And I'm over 50, so that's a lot of shopping experience.

(Picturing Mad Max shopping carts with razor blades and pointy objects sticking out -- "Arrgghh, take THAT!" I'll take the model with guns a'blazin'! "Outta the way mister!" Tat-a-tat-a-tat!)

... DRM, in my opinion, has been a complete failure. ...

If it's anything like copyright tricks used in the early days of software, the ones who make it too difficult will either give up or risk falling by the wayside. MicroSoft is the only one that has successfully (?) implemented an inconvenience on consumers that only serves to protect the manufacturer, but they're the BIG exception. No one has THAT kind of power in the music industry to force their crappy ideas on consumers. Just get your content elsewhere.

(Anybody want a copy of InfoWorld's Product of the Year, Javelin? Yeah, it's twenty years old but it's never been used! 'Cause I kept crashing into the stupid moronic infuriating copy protection scheme they implemented. Never heard of Javelin? That's probably because of the stupid moronic infuriating copy protection scheme they implemented.)

• 2 weeks later...

[RANT]

here i am always talking about how hugely overweight i am now i'm trying to stop pigging out and now while watching TV i can't go 5 minutes with out seeing something tempting. seriously watch tv, almost every other commercial shows either some unhealthy food or a product that makes life lazier, i mean according to the commercial makes life easier. as if we really need a car that fold the car seats up at the push of a button. come on, just how lazy are we now. doors that automatically open and close, i even started to notice product placement in my video games. [/RANT]

OK guys here's your homework. name 5 things that either help make you lazy or tempt you gorge in unhealthy food.

power steering

power brakes

power windows

automatic transmission

pizza hut---------------

now for a little rant. I am traveling 230 miles to visit my kids. I drink a lot of coffee to stay alert. I need to stop and get rid of this coffee so I pull into a 7-11 or a quickie store. these stores ALWAYS have 2 big glass doors. 99.9% of the time one door is always locked. sign says "use other door." why the he11 have 2 doors if one is always locked?

I agree Bearskin. Besides, two doors = two way traffic.

I have a rant, speaking of power steering.

Ive had a PS fluid leak for a couple months that has gotten worse lately. THe week before Chrsitmas I was in a real city, so I took my car my Firestone. They told me I needed a new pump and 2 new hoses. $500!!! I quickly left.

A couple days later, I took the car by the only mechanic here in town. He said it was a bad gasket/o-ring in one of the hoses!

BIG difference!

Ok, my job has me going in and out of commercial doors 30-40 times a day. Why the h#ll don't these folks unlock "BOTH" doors? You know 9 outta 10 times I grab the locked one. All it takes is a flip of two levers on the edge of the door... I wonder what kind of problems it would cause during an emergency. Keystone comedy of people all trying to get out of one door while the fire alarm is screaming....

In many cases, depending on the number of occupants in the building, it may actually be illegal to have the second panel of the door locked, unless it will open from inside with panic hardware. Your local fire marshall or building code official should be able to enforce the unlocking of that second panel if it is required.

... 5 things that either help make you lazy or tempt you gorge in unhealthy food.

1) Television (Why oh why do I watch mindless crap when I could be doing something else? 'Cause it's on TV! OK, I can turn if off, what do I do now? Go to #2!)

2) The computer (Similar to #1, 90% wasted time.)

3) Watching what I eat (I have to or I'd weigh 600 lbs, BUT ... that leads to, "Holy Jesus Christ I haven't had a burger/taco/pizza/chocolate/ice cream/etc. in six months and I want one now Now NOW! Two of them! Four! Keep 'em comin' 'til I get sick!)

4) Sales (When pizza/chocolate/ice cream/etc. goes on sale ... I'm a sucker for a sale!)

5) Drive-throughs (Encourages laziness & unhealthy food at the same time! Pure evil, that invention. Honestly? I bet half the junk food I've eaten in my lifetime would have been avoided if I had had to park the car, go inside, wait in line, order, pay, wait, go back out to the car.)

QUOTE(macmarauder @ Jan 4 2006, 06:16 PM)

... 5 things that either help make you lazy or tempt you gorge in unhealthy food.

1. PMS

2. Drinking :pirate:

3, 4 and 5. see numbers one and two!

The best way to avoid food is to of course, don't keep "anything good" in the house. Find a special low calorie food you love--a treat of sorts. Mine is salads. They're expensive, but I just love salads and I splurge on them when trying to diet. Oooh, Oriental food, too! Darn, now I'm hungry.

Hunger Pangs only last 20 minutes and also occur when you're thirsty. So when you feel hungry, get a drink (that can be something special, too--but I usually go for iced tea or hot coffee, but a glass of water first!) Then go do something that you can't eat while doing, like take a shower or wash dishes or scrub the kitchen floor, wash the car--if your hands are wet, you won't want to be eating.

OK, I'm going to wash dishes now... :D

Liz

... So when you feel hungry ... go do something that you can't eat while doing, like take a shower or wash dishes or scrub the kitchen floor, wash the car--if your hands are wet, you won't want to be eating.

So to avoid gorging on unhealthy food, your advice is to stop being lazy? That'll never work! :lol:

I knew that DestiNY deal was bogus. I am glad I didn't go to the interview and get hired. All of those who were hired spent up to 16 hours a day, seven days a week going to school and doing community service (to impress the citizens). All 190 of them just got their walking papers. They didn't even get enough weeks for unemployment. On top of that only a hand full got the $60,000 a year salary.

Speakin of locked doors. I am an aid in the guidance office at school during second block. I take things to teachers from the guidance office and get students out of class and other things. There is a bulding up on a hill we call the Metal Building for obvious reasons. Well they lock the doors to the hall in it so me and my fellow aid have to use the oustide entrances to each class and freeze our cans off. Plus there is a sign that says use the outside doors to the classrooms. Why even lock them between classes in the first place if you are just going to tell them to use the side doors. We can still easily get into each room but it's COLD right now and we want to go in (plus the fact it is the only place at school with Mountain Dew Livewire :P ).

well, gee. That seems like a "secure" way of limiting access to the whole building. Even if a "badguy" enters through the classroom door, there is the time element and a chance to alert officals about a "hostile" incursion.

Suck it up dear..... "Comes with the job and responsibilty"

well, gee. That seems like a "secure" way of limiting access to the whole building. Even if a "badguy" enters through the classroom door, there is the time element and a chance to alert officals about a "hostile" incursion.

Suck it up dear..... "Comes with the job and responsibilty"

ROFL.......Hahahaha...

Now that's an answer I'll have to remember :D

*rant*

Tonight Hubby announced, "there is NOTHING on television to watch" and tossed me the remote. Heh, heh, heh, nuh-uh--figure skating was on. Much to my surprise he didn't bellyache when I flashed a wicked grin and turned the channel to ABC's coverage of the National Championships. I was totally shocked! I mean completely flabbergasted! My Hubby actually agreeing to watch figure skating??

So for the first HOUR, what did they show? Recaps, interviews, sap stories and NO skating! Seeing as it was a rare moment having control of the remote, I couldn't give it back to him, could I? Nooooo! So I sat and waited for the skating to start for an ENTIRE HOUR.

Sportcasters, if an event really starts at 9pm, start it at 9pm, don't give us an hour of fluff!

On a bright note, Go Sasha! :thumbsup:

*end rant*

Liz

*rant*

Tonight Hubby announced, "there is NOTHING on television to watch" and tossed me the remote. Heh, heh, heh, nuh-uh--figure skating was on. Much to my surprise he didn't bellyache when I flashed a wicked grin and turned the channel to ABC's coverage of the National Championships. I was totally shocked! I mean completely flabbergasted! My Hubby actually agreeing to watch figure skating??

So for the first HOUR, what did they show? Recaps, interviews, sap stories and NO skating! Seeing as it was a rare moment having control of the remote, I couldn't give it back to him, could I? Nooooo! So I sat and waited for the skating to start for an ENTIRE HOUR.

Sportcasters, if an event really starts at 9pm, start it at 9pm, don't give us an hour of fluff!

On a bright note, Go Sasha! :thumbsup:

*end rant*

Liz

It's the same for football and NASCAR. Watch a bunch of BS before the contest begins. What I can't stand is todays commentators. They zero in on an insignificant "fact" of what they "see" happening. I wish they would get a clue. Another thing is commercial after commercial. Half the time something important happens and they're still airing those damn commercials.

It's the same for football and NASCAR. Watch a bunch of BS before the contest begins. What I can't stand is todays commentators. They zero in on an insignificant "fact" of what they "see" happening. I wish they would get a clue. Another thing is commercial after commercial. Half the time something important happens and they're still airing those damn commercials.

My sentiments exactly. I really get ticked off when they are running "replays" and you miss the live action, so the knuckle heads at the networks, you guessed it, run a "replay" of what I just missed.

How about a game break during the live action game you are watching to show you a game that was played the day before. Duh!!! I think I know the score by now, plus they are running the scores at the bottom of the screen.

I could go on and on. Football games that have sideline interviews, and Baseball with dug out interviews. You don't really learn anything. It's all generic answers. I wish they would just show the game, after all isn't that the reason we tune in?

One more thing and I'm done. Commercials on TV today are some of the dumbest I've ever seen, and waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too many. :angry:

• 4 weeks later...

*Rant*

I finaly won a "Free 1 Liter Coke"! (I think that 1 in 12 wins crap is a LIE! ) ANyway.... I take it to a gas station,

and they claim they cant accept those. So, i go to a couple more. Im finaly told i have to take it to a "major super market". So, i go to a couple super markets, but they dont sell one liter cokes!!!!! I think Coca Cola figured out "the system"!

ANyway, I took it to walmart and the cashier didnt notice I had a 12 oz coke. hehehe

*end rant*

*Rant*

I finaly won a "Free 1 Liter Coke"! (I think that 1 in 12 wins crap is a LIE! ) ANyway.... I take it to a gas station,

and they claim they cant accept those. So, i go to a couple more. Im finaly told i have to take it to a "major super market". So, i go to a couple super markets, but they dont sell one liter cokes!!!!! I think Coca Cola figured out "the system"!

ANyway, I took it to walmart and the cashier didnt notice I had a 12 oz coke. hehehe

*end rant*

seems like you burned a lot of gas for that "free" coke....and it was Coca Cola who INVENTED "the system"...stopped drinking that stuff on principal years ago.... :wacko::blink::unsure:

*Rant*

*end rant*

seems like you burned a lot of gas for that "free" coke....and it was Coca Cola who INVENTED "the system"...stopped drinking that stuff on principal years ago.... :wacko::blink::unsure:

Heh, I didnt do this all in one day. JUst left it in the car for when I was goin somewhere i could use it.

Im tryin to stop, but damn it taste so good :(

• 2 weeks later...

Tired of hearing about Cheney's hunting accident on the news. Hunters get shot accidentally every year and most barely make the local news.

I would just say this, politics aside.

I would rather go hunting with Cheney than driving over a bridge with Ted Kennedy. :lol::lol: