Hi Sceeter33,

You heard right! I lurked on G4 boards for a couple of years but never joined due to the "war conditions" over there--We have nitrous oxide pumped in here regularly (thanks, macmarauder) to keep things peaceful! You should recognize quite a few folks here that are generous and knowledgable enough to donate time and advice to many places.. Liz

Welcome sceeter33.

We are a friendly bunch. If you don't have a question to ask, just drop by and chit-chat. Post a joke or two or three or more. We can always use a good laugh.

If you like to play games, check out the "Arcade" at the top. So enjoy your stay. and bring friends. The more the merrier. :D

We do have some great people here with a wealth of knowledge, who are more than happy to share it with you.

Barb :D

Hello sceeter,

Welcome to these boards. Glad to have you here.

I think you will find this a much more relaxed place to be than G4.

Plus we have an arcade! Look just under the BestTechie banner for it.

Also on the next line down there is a handy "View New Posts" option, to check every time you come over for what's new since you were here last.

So come sit down, even have a cup of coffee with us, in our new BestTechie cafe' in the Open Chat section.

God bless everyone.

Ya G4 is cool but ya there's alot of war disscusion there like blim said and sometimes nobody give you much help ether cause they just don't wanna help. The really only people that are really helpful are TymeKyller and il_wiccan and a few such other that really put the time into helping others out.

Well thanks all again and have a great evening

Sceeter33 :D

hey, i too am from the G4 boards. don't be surprised if you don't get your answers any faster here though, as these boards are not (seemingly) as busy as the G4 boards are. it can take quite some time for your answers.

hey, i too am from the G4 boards. don't be surprised if you don't get your answers  any faster here though, as these boards are not (seemingly) as busy as the G4 boards are. it can take quite some time for your answers.

bt.jpg

g4.jpg

hmmm 385 members vs 192,618 members. and your surprised because?

and please don't compare us to G4. it's a little insulting. i'm not saying anything bad about the G4 boards but there's just too many bad apples ruining it for the good people over there. i really wish that things would get better over there. i haven't see you in the Mac section so there's not much i can do for your computer troubles but if you ever need any help with Pc to Mac help feel free to PM or email me and i'll be happy to help. :)

besides i kinda prefer the laid back and respectful nature of these boards.

hey, i too am from the G4 boards. don't be surprised if you don't get your answers  any faster here though, as these boards are not (seemingly) as busy as the G4 boards are. it can take quite some time for your answers.

and please don't compare us to G4. it's a little insulting. i'm not saying anything bad about the G4 boards but there's just too many bad apples ruining it for the good people over there. i really wish that things would get better over there. i haven't see you in the Mac section so there's not much i can do for your computer troubles but if you ever need any help with Pc to Mac help feel free to PM or email me and i'll be happy to help. :)

Well, you are right macmaurader....At G4's boards, i had to look around to find a good post to reply to. Here, i know every post is tech related, and a very good question...

Well, you are right macmaurader....At G4's boards, i had to look around to find a good post to reply to. Here, i know every post is tech related, and a very good question...

yes. i think that it's say to say that were prefer quality over quantity here.

kinda makes think though. maybe i should poke my head in the windows support section and see what i can do to help.

Ooops! I am supposed to answer tech questions????? If so I am in the wrong place. :rolleyes:

Still it feels like the right place. I can always ask questions right? Or sidetrack a thread, or confuse an issue? Or tease, or just gab and have fun!!!

Yes I think I have found the right place, because we are allowed to be ourselves here, talking tech or other stuff, and having fun doing it.

This is the board to come to when the others stress you out, put you down, cut you up and spit you out into little pieces. Not mentioning any names here, but I have seen all that done to people needing help on other boards. But that is not the way things are here, people treat you nice here!!! This is a good place!!!

Thanks "B" for this wonderful board.

God bless everyone.

My thought is, even if you do answer incorrectly, its ok. I wouldn't mind if someone answered incorrectly to my answer, as long as in the end i get what i want out of my computer....I mean, experience is only the amount of mistakens you have committed in the past, right?

My thought is, even if you do answer incorrectly, its ok. I wouldn't mind if someone answered incorrectly to my answer, as long as in the end i get what i want out of my computer....I mean, experience is only the amount of mistakens you have committed in the past, right?

And if there ever is an "incorrect answer", someone more experienced jumps in for the rescue! Liz

Hi Sceeter33,

You heard right!  I lurked on G4 boards for a couple of years but never joined due to the "war conditions" over there--We have nitrous oxide pumped in here regularly (thanks, macmarauder) to keep things peaceful!  You should recognize quite a few folks here that are generous and knowledgable enough to donate time and advice to many places..  Liz

hmmmmmmmm................nitrous oxide ....................yum!!!!!!!!!!!