The Besttechie Cafe'

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this and the thread with the nerd test reminds me of one of the strips from my old online comic. let me see if i can dig it up. ahh here it is, WARNING THIS WAS BASED ON ACTUAL EVENTS AND TESTIMONY FROM THE NERDS WHO ACTUALLY SURVIVED THE ENCOUNTER

just so you know it's 168k .jpg so it might take a little while for dial up people.

post-7-1116297538.jpg

Mac outside, now hold on a minute, are we sure or is it just a rumor. Didn't hear any drums or trumpets, so its got to be a rumor

right?

???? :rolleyes::lol::lol::lol::lol:

"Flour, milk, eggs....breakfast!" I love Bill Cosby! (NOAH!! What?!?) Sure wish Comedy Central would show some old routines of his--I've forgotten so much.

Vile, where did you find your script? Last year Son had to do a monologue for school, of course he wanted something funny, and we hunted and hunted for a Cosby script with absolutely no luck. He's too young to know the oldies and I wanted to introduce him to "the Master"

Liz

LIZ, i actually downloaded it off of I-Tunes as well as the sound routine. I bought is whole "Himself" stand-up routine and the lyrics/scripts came with it. I'll look into typing it up for you and posting it when i get some free time at work, but can't promise that it will be today...

And about the nerdy's outside, I remember when i was "a wee-little lad" and had to be home before the street lights came on because i thought it was time for the people to walk their animals around the neighborhood and we didn't want to intrude on their time. I was about 14-15 and i thought it was just a law that kiddies had to be home before the lights...

Hey mac,

Print too small to read.

I enlarged it to 800x2001 and still can't read it.

Is there a  max limit ?

There must be.

Both thumbnails are 52x389 and the expanded sizes are 156x389.

fortunately the comics host still leaves our comic up cause of it's popularity. even though we haven't updated in well over 2 years. try going here.

Cup of Suffering Comic

just in case here's the script. remember this was based on our child hood. we were super nerds. Yes making nerds feel not so nerdy every wheres for 24 years.

Frame 1

Alex:

Gentlemen, Tonight is a night for adventure. Let us journey to a forbidden realm, a twisted and perverse one from the world we know.

Kubo:

you mean outside?

Alex:

Yes.

Frame 3

Kubo:

AAUGGH!!! SOMETHING JUST BRUSHED PAST ME!!

Frame 4

Alex:

Alright calm down, that was just a "girl". I'm surprised we even spotted one, they usually walk at day.

Dan:

These creatures are impervious to the suns lethal rays?!

Alex:

I know how it sounds but it's true.

Kubo Muttering:

GIRL?

Frame 5

Dan:

BY TRANTOR WHAT'S TO BECOME OF US!!

Alex:

I'm sorry, all of you .......... This was too soon.

And about the nerdy's outside, I remember when i was "a wee-little lad" and had to be home before the street lights came on because i thought it was time for the people to walk their animals around the neighborhood and we didn't want to intrude on their time.  I was about 14-15 and i thought it was just a law that kiddies had to be home before the lights...

--I told the kids they had to come inside when it got dark because the skunks come out at night and might spray them!! Oh boy did that work great! Think maybe my kids might have a warped fear of skunks now, but, I guess that's a healthy fear, right?? :rolleyes:

And Vile, thats a lot of work typing scripts--please don't do it for my sake, unless you want to share it with the "younguns" here! I told Son to see if any Cosby tapes (oops, DVDs) are at the video store when they're looking for stuff to rent.

Macmarauder, great comic. Yes, girls are impervious to almost everything--well, except for maybe icky things, stinky things and mice.... :D

It won't be a problem LIZ, it will probably be a laugh for all. The skunk this is really funny...it makes for a better reason that what my parents gave.

I can't wait to have kids to tell them all the scary stories I have come across. I don't to turment or scare my kids when i have them, but i want them to, you know, grow up and be stronger than their father...(and mother) kinda like all of you who have kids...you know what i mean...i am just not there yet...

Ah, when you have kids (when you're good and ready and married) you'll have to torment them a little. It's good for their character and gives them some ammo to pass to their kids! ;) Discovered with daughter, though, it won't make them any less gullible--unfortunately that must be a God Given unfixable trait :P

Liz

I actually mentioned something about kids to my fiance last night, and the first thing she said was "WHY, NOW?"...i had to laugh...it was funny. Neither one of us is in a hurry to have a kid anytime soon because we are both 23 and honestly not mature enough to have one...so only time will tell when i have a little hoolagin running around, but i definitely can't wait.

So whats new with everyone? I know Nerelda just finished her senior year off, which is always incredible, and I am 3 months away from my Bachlors in ISS (Information Security Systems), and MAC is trying to take over the world, as LIZ is feeding the family here and at home, but how is everyone doing in their daily ventures?

By the way, Beef Stew tonight :) And great goings with your Bachelors Degree!! Nowadays, with all the extra requirements, that is an accomplishment!

Thought of Sidekickcat today--25 year anniversary of Mt. St. Helen's BOOM today!

Liz

Evening all, aren't we having a great time with all this food. Don't gain any weight from it which is best news of all. Hope everyone is well.

BBBEEEEEELLLLLLCCCCHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Sorry folks...couldn't hold it in any longer.

Man that food was good, Thank you all, even as leftovers that was very tasty...now a donut for dessert.

HEY...who ate all the donuts???

It is incredible. I become so hungry after reading much of this forum, that i just can't help myself to not sharing...hehehe...just kidding, but right after I have had breakfast, i am hungry again...Thanks for the lefty's (left overs), much love to the community. Enjoy

Morning folks, Ham, egg, and cheeze sammaches for breakfast. (flops huge tray on table for this large family) Coffee is strong and hot.

You'll all have to fend for yourselves this weekend, off to the lake for 3 days of R&R. See ya all Monday.

Looks like the sun is gonig to shine here in Idaho today(about freakin time) so to honor this rare occasion I have whiped up a batch of ham and cheese quesadilla's,home made salsa is in the big bowl on the counter.

quesadilla.jpg

Help yourself,coffee is ready as well. B)

Hi everyone,

Am trying to type this with a purring cat on my lap checking to see if she can catch my fingers on keyboard. So far I am winning.

She thinks it is about time I'm back on the computer. ME TOO!!!

We had lots of nasty thunderstorms most of this week, so had the computer unplugged for last 3 days, plus Monday too I think. So many storms I've lost track.

Portland radar went out too, so weather people had to do forecasts the hard way, looking out windows!!! HaHa! If you didn't like what it was doing just wait for a few minutes while it did a 180, but the wind often did the same turn. There were microbursts that sheared off trees and roofs, there were lightening strikes that caused fires in trees, there was the usual scary lightening and thunder, and then beautiful rainbows sometimes double and tripple ones, there was hail, and cloudbursts, oh yes every so often a sunbreak too. And that was the way it was here in the NW, an exciting week for meteorologists, but I long to go back to boring weather of either sun or rain, as long as it is boring and normal. :rolleyes:

Update on roses, they are a mess again, and so are the rhodies. Garden is so soggy you can't even get into it to pull weeds. Haven't even got it ready for planting this year, just as well I didn't get it done and planted earlier as stuff would have drowned out. Only things doing well are weeds and lawns. Hubby is trying to get at least one lawn done before tonight's rain showers. Then if it dries out for rest of week as they said last night, then he will try to get the rest done. And I will try to tackle roses, (just as I'm finally healing up from rose revenge the last pruning round).

Looks like you all had some great food around here while I was gone. I sure missed out...Sigh!!! Oh well as long as I can have a mug of fresh hot coffee I'll live.

Now off to catch up on all I missed out on here, and elsewhere.

Sure good to be back, and I sure missed all the great people here.

I think I am addicted to the boards. :unsure::rolleyes:

God bless everyone.