The Besttechie Cafe'

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pampereing my dogs is feeding and walking them. Darn it I'm too late for the pancakes but I did bring some barbequed chicken in. help yourselves

<---Didya see this?? Didya, huh? Huh? :) I m teh 733T Haxor Gamr, Dood....Ok, ok, my son did that (I can't even win at Freecell.....). I told him that if he was going to play in the Arcades using my Screenname, be had better put a "square" under it :D . Looks like Pool??.

...and I thought my dog was spoiled! Although I did get up at 7am to "keep her company" her while it was thundering...nothing like a 50 pound dog on your lap, I guess I don't mind, at least she's cuddly...

A Dog Psychic, Hmmmm, that could be interesting...... :) My dog can already read my mind...and I understand Scoobeese...

Found a good link for anyone who wanted to know anything about lilacs (mine are budding and wanted to figure out how to keep them in a vase for longer than a couple of hours...they smell soooo good)

lilac FAQs

The BBQ Chicken was delicious, Robroy, thanks!!

Oh, and Happy Friday the Thirteenth!! :blink:

Liz

French Vanilla creamer is in the fridge...top shelf....

Ahh..there it is...

Darn it I'm too late for the pancakes but I did bring some barbequed chicken in. help yourselves

Sorry robroy, I should've saved a couple for you....thx for the chicken!!

I think tonight we should fire up the Barby-Q, throw on a few steaks, grab a few dozen beer and some wine, and sit around the firepit I built outside. All we need is the makings for some Smores and we'll have a party!!

Hi everyone,

How about a refill of coffee please? I am to pooped to get it myself.

Helped hubby a bit today with some weeding, and also trimmed all the rotted blooms from my climbing roses, while he mowed our place. At least he got it done, thereby winning over the rain showers early this morning and ones coming tonight, and it is supposed to rain all next week too. The yellow climber took the hardest hit from the heavy rains and wind the other day, as it was just loaded with blooms. Tied up another smaller climber, Joseph's Coat (each blossom changes color as it goes from bud to full bloom hence it is like Joseph's coat), and luckily only a few smaller branches were broken on it from the rain and wind. The other roses weren't laden with blooms yet, so didn't get damaged.

I love climbing roses, but they do suffer more from bad spring weather.

It was such a wierd mild winter for here that both the yellow one and the Joseph's Coat roses bloomed most of the winter, though the brief ice storm weekend put a stop to blooming for awhile.

First time I have ever seen them bloom so far into winter, and if it hadn't been for that weekend they would have bloomed all year. Wow!!!

By the way tenmm, all our rain this next week is going to head your way so get your hip boots ready. It looks like a winter storm pattern has set in, coming off the ocean this past week and again for next week. Had low pressure the other day just as bad as a midwinter storm. Strange!!! Oh well, we are making progress to catch up for the rain deficit. And not as serious looking for drought forecast, so that is good news for NW.

I don't know if JSKY will get our coming rains passed on to his area, in form of snow or not, hope not. That would be kind of hard to have possibility of snow every month of the year, especially for gardeners. But in a way would be kind of neat to have snow on my August birthday, instead of the often near 100 degree days we get here that week.

Take care folks. Thanks for the coffee folks, see you all later.

P.S. Liz, that is the only way to do those games, let the guys do it and we get the bragging rights. HaHa! Hubby sometimes plays that shoot the cow thing, but hasn't won for me yet. I keep telling him to keep practising, I want a win!!! :rolleyes:

Thanks for the lilac link, I am learning alot from it. Have had lilacs all my life and never had much trouble with them until a couple of winters ago, almost half the limbs of my double purple old fashioned-type (I had it pruned like a tree with a single trunk) broke off in the wet snow/ice mix. So I am in the process of reclaiming it with selective pruning, and using also the suckers as backups. So far on your link, I think I am doing it right. Though did read one entry that says it is hard to use cuttings to make new plants. I have done it once or twice on some old fashioned white lilacs by cutting a new first year growth branch at an angle, then splitting the stem an inch or so, and dipping in that rootone stuff, and planting several in a house pot deep enough to cover the next tiny branch area. That is where roots will form. Also you can layer a long low branch in the ground as it is still attached to the tree for a couple of years. Rhodies, camelias, even dogwoods, also vine maples etc. can be layered too.

God bless everyone.

Edited by thesidekickcat
I think tonight we should fire up the Barby-Q, throw on a few steaks, grab a few dozen beer and some wine, and sit around the firepit I built outside. All we need is the makings for some Smores and we'll have a party!!

Well that sounds good to me.... :D...

We'er going to need some wood maybe...right?

Hmmm...lets see now. Didn't use the fireplace much this past winter.....got to leave a little wood for the firepit this summer.....(checking the wood pile....*measuring*...)....yup got about half a cord I can spare.

Ok.....on my way too.... :lol:

IT'S PARTY TIME........ :lol::lol::lol:

Hi all. A nice cup of hot coffee please.

AHHHhhh! Thanks

Well we only got a foot of the white stuff here. But kinda got scared when I turned on The Weather Channel, and one of the reporters was staying in a hotel in Lead, (the town I live in). To do a report on the big blizzard. We were wondering what they knew we didn't.

Been moving wood in left and right. Running out of place to put it. But having it all this early sure is nice.

Yes, it does get hot here in the summer months, but it only take a little change in the clouds to make a big difference.

QUOTE (tg1911 @ May 13 2005, 04:13 PM)

QUOTE (tenmm @ May 13 2005, 04:43 PM)

Some people get a little carried away thou.... blink.gif

A LITTLE?? smile.gif

(Talking about pampered Pets) didn't work like I thought....LOL

Yes I am also a dog lover. And I would probably spend more at the vet on my little girl, then I would on myself going to a doctor. (I don't trust them!!! and neither does my wife).

Well, I'm going to enjoy my coffee and then slip outside for a smoke.

Edited by JSKY

Hi All,

Dumps Chappy out of Macmarauder's (where arrrrre you?) Comfy Chair and Plops Sidekickcat in it--her turn today because she's pooped ;)

Sidekickcat--You are sooo lucky to have such great weather to have blooming roses almost all year round! Why is it that the crabgrass always finds it way under the rose bushes?? I earth layer plants, too, but have had better luck with air layering for some reason, probably because of our too short growing season and the plastic wrap speeds things up? And tell Hubby I said, "GET YOU A SQUARE UNDER YOUR NAME!!" Thats an order, well after his chores, of course! :P

JSKY--a foot of that white crap?? Well better than the predicted 3 feet I guess...(share that comfy chair with Sidekickcat and grab an afghan)... and the weather channel doesn't know piddly-poop unless it involves the east coast or Atlanta! That channel never mentions anything about Michigan except for the Nation's coldest temps in Pellston--the Great Lakes make weather too hard to predict.

Brought Smore stuff, which is a labor of love since I hate marshmallows. I'll just eat the grahams and chocolate :) (YES chocolate goes with anything, especially beer) . I saw a Nutella ad (chocolate and hazelnut spread that I discovered in Denmark) that suggested that as a chocolate bar replacement--now that sounds DELICIOUS--maybe even with the marshmallows.

RV, we have a good half cord of wood, too--bonfire!! And we need the heat--Brrrr.

Rain got my allergies working again--pollen makes me sneeze (like 28 times in a row) and mold stuffs me up--why oh why do I love that grown up sandbox we call gardening?? Time for the daily Dollar Store Actifed....Trees are finally leafing out--amazing how they can be bare and 48 hours later and a little rain, poof, they are green, gotta love that!

Liz

just stopping in to say hi, i don't have much time right now. glad to hear everyone is having a good time. well mostly.

someone should show Chappy how to rant the proper way. i personally think that his so called rant was weak. come on, no lies, no deceit, no propaganda, no wining or moaning. :P

thesidekickcat i don't have one of those foot bath massage things but you could put your feet in a warm bucket of water and i'll make bubble noises so that you can pretend.

we have starving children in our own country and yet people will spend $100s on dog therapy. makes no sense to me at all.

sorry for not being my usual self but i've had a ruff week (couple of weeks) and it's starting to wear on me. i talked to my friends boss at NASA. i was up front and totally honest about my hacker past and current skills. he ran a full Hi Clear Bkr. Check on me. i can imagine how it looked to him. a young kid with no major degrees, at least half the average age of what he was expecting, and he didn't like my listing on the FBI Caught Hackers list. he feels that since i'd have to be given hi level clearance that i can't be trusted. i know that i wasn't even going to get paid but i needed a good project to consume my life once again. especially since i no longer have a gf, or a real job, or a family. i'm a massive workaholic remember. now i have to build some crazy fool contraption that nobody thinks can and or probably shouldn't be built just for something to do.

ok now i'm starting to rant. while i'm in the my cafe' i think that i'll make myself an irish coffee, heavy on the irish. -_-^_^

Hey Mac good to see you back, sorry to hear the NASA thing flopped, Just be careful what you start inventing, no more robot mice please.

Seriously I hope something turns up for you, I was out of work for almost a year about 15 years ago and it was hell. Didn't even have the net back then, did have a wife and two kids so it was real bad but we got through

Ok, so gardening is the talk of the day..

Rules: water and fertilizer makes the grass grow. *don't do it!*

don't rip out poison ivy barehanded, unless you're a masochist.

and above all, take time to stop and smell the flowers.

Hello everyone,

I moved out of the comfy chair to let JSKY have it. Hauling and stacking wood makes a person tireder than weeding and rose trimming. So he can have the comfy chair, I like the rocking chair the best anyhow, thanks.

Looks like Mac needs the cocoon chair to make him feel better, after the world beat him up the past few weeks. I'm sorry things didn't work out for you Mac, but something will come along for you. Just keep on looking for the right place that will make you happy. And the right girl will show up someday too, just keep on being yourself.

We don't usually have a mild enough winter for roses to bloom during the winter, that is why it was so amazing to have them do it this year even with below freezing temperatures many nights with heavy frosts. After the one bad weekend of snow/ice, they took awhile to recharge and then were full of blooms, when the heavy rain and winds hit last week. Roses in bloom, do not do well with lots of heavy cloudburst rains. Plus I expect powdery mildew to be next problem.

bozodog, you sure have the right rules.. why do people put fertilizer on a lawn then complain when it grows and they have to mow it. You are right too, about stop and smell the roses... Ha! I had to change flowers to roses, sorry!...but be sure there are no bees in them before you stick your nose in.

Mac that was a good idea to do a foot massage thing (and thanks for blowing bubbles for pail of soaking water), didn't think of it last night but it would have felt good. We have one of those foot vibrator/massage machines from ummm can't think of the name of store....not Sharper Image, but similar....ohhhh it was Brookstone. Expensive but worth it...when we remember to use it. Trouble is we get to tired to remember things that would help like that.

I hadn't done any outside yard work since last fall, in fact my back and neck have been hurting so bad just from vacuming a couple of weeks ago that I am surprised I survived the work I did yesterday.

Liz, that Nutella should be available in stores near you, it is marketed nationwide.

An Oregon product, using our world famous hazelnuts (filberts, to us oldtimers).

Am breaking in a new coffee pot today, old one wasn't heating very well. Same make and model, just tastes a bit different without the crud that soaks in in spite of cleaning it. Though this one is the easiest to clean thoroughly in about 99.99% of it. A Black and Decker Smart Brew. Mine doesn't have a timer, but next model up does, is very inexpensive (I paid about 15 bucks each a year ago for 2 on sale. I like to have a spare on hand if I break the pot.) So it is interesting to see how much better the coffee is with a new pot. So why do I wait so long to get rid of old pot??? :unsure:

Had some sun earlier, and some light showers overnight and this morning, now it is a heavy downpour.

Somewhere in this stack of stuff, I have an article that was in our Oregonian newspaper today, for a great fish (true) tale. Here is the link.

12 year old catches record size 8 lb + smallmouth bass

Hubby just said I need to fold clothes from dryer pretty soon, so see you folks later.

God bless everyone.

Hi All,

Grabs something hot--coffee, tea, cocoa, don't care, its freezing here with a nasty northern wind.

Bozodog, your post made me laugh--my husband loves it when TruGreen Lawn Care calls. He says, "why do I want to buy your service--if the grass grows, I'll have to cut the d*mn stuff--don't you have anything that will stunt the grass??" I am "not allowed" to even water the grass, much less fertilize it :) Fortunately its not a problem since I try to garden organically.

Gives Macmarauder a big internet hug! Wish you were close enough for a real hug! That NASA thing really stinks--I was so excited for you--it's sad that our government is so paraniod (you're listed with the FBI?? I am impressed ;))

Hi Sidekickcat! I can get Nutella in the "big city", not around here yet. In Europe, they have it on bread for breakfast and don't eat peanut butter! Daughter went to England and her comment was, "they eat chocolate for breakfast!!!" She was just amazed. I LOVE to fish (I don't like to eat fish, though--so I throw 'em back) and got a kick out of the bass story--its always a kid who catches the big ones, isn't it??

Liz

Darn....25 minutes late..... :(

Ok......where's Mr. Grizzled.... :unsure:

awwwhh noooo! I missed it already....everyones gone.... :(

*rv packs up his 2 gallon thermos of Irish coffee (special blended..errrr mixed... ;) ..) and heads out the door.... :(

*But then again....maybe I'll just leave the thermos here...incase somebody shows up...

:lol::lol:

Sorry to all who came to say farewell to Stimpy and Hello to Griz, I had to go over to my Mom's tonight and do some errands for her that she couldn't do.

Anyway, we'll schedule the retirement party for another time, real soon.

Chocolate for breakfast eh....w00t!!

Bill Cosby has the best stand up for doing the Chocolate cake in the morning...I would type the whole script out, but It is quite long...if you guys have ever heard Bill Cosby, you know what i am talking about...

"Flour, milk, eggs....breakfast!" I love Bill Cosby! (NOAH!! What?!?) Sure wish Comedy Central would show some old routines of his--I've forgotten so much.

Vile, where did you find your script? Last year Son had to do a monologue for school, of course he wanted something funny, and we hunted and hunted for a Cosby script with absolutely no luck. He's too young to know the oldies and I wanted to introduce him to "the Master"

Liz

Gives Macmarauder a big internet hug!  Wish you were close enough for a real hug!  That NASA thing really stinks--I was so excited for you--it's sad that our government is so paraniod (you're listed with the FBI??  I am impressed ;))

thanks for the internet hug, i think i needed one. thanks for the best wishes blim, thesidekitcat, robroy, hitest, everyone.

sorry for not being around much, just haven't felt like it. i'm glad to see the cafe' growing in my absence and we're even having parties here. :):D

a stupid little comment for those young gun hackers out there

being on the FBI list of hackers is not a good thing. it means that i'm good enough to get into lots of trouble but not good enough to not get caught. and i got off easy, cause i was a minor and they didn't want people to know that a kid broke their so called security. plus i can't even imagine what they would've done if i had actually stollen some of that money instead of just leaving a note to let people know that someone was there. not to mention that i did it long before 911, at one point after that i think that hacking was concidered a act of terrorism. :blink:

see Chappy now that's a little rant, hey wait a minute, no lies, no deceit, no flaming or blaming others, not even some name calling???????!!!!

i think Chappy infected me with something, ...........

(moans like zombie)

OoOoHhHh god what's happening?

(moans again)

am i becoming a

BRAA

ohh noooo i need to eat

BRAAAAAA ...............

(lifts head and gives zombie stare), (turns around and walks outside)

(a flagellating release of methane gas)

never mind false alarm, it's just gas. it made me think of something though. the real reason that zombies moan is actually a release of a huge build up of methane gas from their decomposing insides. if it's zombies might explode if set on fire ;)

see Chappy now that's a little rant, hey wait a minute, no lies, no deceit, no flaming or blaming others, not even some name calling???????!!!!

Show me how it's done master, my ranting skills are obviously lacking...;)

i think Chappy infected me with something, ...........

ROFL!! With what...Morals?

Ethics?

Chicken pox?

Anyway Mac, sorry to hear about your NASA job falling thru. This sure would be a lesson for those skriptkiddies out there but like you know..at that age/stage in life you can be given all the best advice in the world, but would you listen...