The Besttechie Cafe'

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh Yeah Liz, the old school Transformers are worth actually a lot of money to a lot of collectors. There are some website, none i have linked to, that are just looking for people to sell them the transformers from the 80's. Plus, the transformers now are all talk. I have the Original movie that, crazy enough, some of my friends and I have watched here in the last six months...it was Insane.....LOL...

I am not all up for cursing on the forum, but if you want I'll hold the jar for anyone who gets out of line....d*mm*t....hehehehe... :D:P

Well the parents arrived---but at 11pm last night!! They were supposed to stay the night in Indiana, but Dad got ancy. They saw a few things last night, knew something was "amiss" but saw everything this morning.

And NO cuss words!!!! Mom said they were laughing too hard to cuss!! So I guess I lose the pool :P

They amused themselves today watching people walk by their house. Some gawked but most grinned and laughed. Dad was funny--I visited today and he would say, "Oh look, here comes someone walking down the sidewalk---watch and see what he does" He never left his windowside rocker!

One thing I bought was a bulldog head with welcome underneath it to hang on their door. Dad says he is keeping that. To quote Mom, "Oh HOWWWWARD!!" :D Now we have to watch our yards to make sure they don't retaliate!

Took a slew of pictures--still need to fill up the roll but will post them when developed :)

Vile_Dr, Transformers TALK now???? Geez, that's lame. Last year Son was sick and bored and watched the Teenaged Mutant Ninga Turtle movie---he didn't know how much humor went over his head when he was little. It was like a whole new movie to him!

Scalloped Potatoes and Ham tonight!

Liz

I'll take a plate of that, thanks Liz. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle movies, II thought they were great fun. My kids loved them when they first came out but now it's the grandson's turn to enjoy them. I gotta have someone to watch them with me ............. :lol:

Well, Liz, if you remember back in the day when transformers first come out...there was a lot of action, fights, noise if you will with the TV shows and movies...now they talk about doing this and that, and dont' really battle...Now with the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, I tried to collect everything there was with them as well...but i seemed to stick with the robot cars and tanks...instead of sewer rats and turtles...hehehe..don't get me wrong...I use to have the VHS tapes for all three movies they made...

Anyone know what is for lunch today...i am a bit hungry...and breakfast has come and gone...?

Nice Video...break dancing has always been fun for me...

And the next link the R50R....i wonder if they are still working on that...it seems that the last update was right about june 2004...I am going to go back and watch a lot of the videos, but the one where the robot stops that car...that is AWESOME...I definitely want to see if that catches on...I mean building of the robots of course

Well, I'm still waiting for a Robot to do laundry!!! Although the washing machine and vacuum cleaner are the most wonderful inventions ever!

Boys at the house again, bulk food!! Tacos!

Liz

:ph34r: So that is what Mac has been doing in his basement, building an army of decepticons to take over the internet and then the world :ph34r:

Scary

I'll take a couple of those tacos, thanks Liz

No point being both hungry and scared

:lol:

i can only wish that i could take credit for that beast of a robot. ;) unfortunately since my resources are not nearly enough all i have is those robot mice but yes i am building any army of robots to take over the world. now if i could just get rid of that pied piper. <_<

BTW it has been brought to my attention that i'm a total neat freak in the digital world but i'm a slob with the worst handwriting in the real world. my computer is spotless and perfectly organized and virus free. my room and lab and shop are all a mess. :rolleyes: is anyone else like me or am i the only one?

Wish we lived closer--I'd be GLAD to clean your house if you cleaned up my idiot boxes--especially my possessed Gateway!! :D It would be a great trade--well until you saw my Gateway! Since the Dell is "clean and updated", I plan on diving into the "evil machine" next, which started giving me fits a month after we got it in 1999 (folks who help on the "windows forums", be afraid, be very afraid!). Combination of Gateway Support not knowing poop and the owners not knowing poop (like no firewall for the first year, no spyware stuff installed--hoo boy!) Wonder what the record is for the most spyware on a machine?

And with handwriting--that's why the typewriter and keyboard were invented--my Son has horrible handwriting, his teachers have told him to "please type". I do calligraphy ("fancy writing") but he evidently didn't inherit anything from me!

Liz

I have about the same problem with my "areas of cleanlyness" MAC, but I maintain a clean computer, bedroom and kitchen, but my garage is full of parts here and there, and tools laying on the floor, leaking engines and the fluid they once contained everywhere...

When I was in HS (5 years ago, that is were all the stories start), I was awarded best pen-manship by the FBLA and Student Body. I was elected every week to write up a certain speech that the Principle gave on Fridays' over the intercom and it wasn't something that they had me re-write, it was completely original, kinda like this forum, everything I type is mine...hehehe...if that makes sense. The problem with my writing, I CAN'T PRINT...everything has to be cursive, sometimes it becomes a Wee-bit hard to read.

Liz, you know, of course, everyone is going to be more than willing to help you on your "Gateway Adventures!"....so I'll be the first to say..."That's weird," and "What's That,"...just kidding...Good luck though...maybe is won't be as bad as you think...

Wish we lived closer--I'd be GLAD to clean your house if you cleaned up my idiot boxes--especially my possessed Gateway!! :D It would be a great trade--well until you saw my Gateway! Since the Dell is "clean and updated", I plan on diving into the "evil machine" next, which started giving me fits a month after we got it in 1999 (folks who help on the "windows forums", be afraid, be very afraid!). Combination of Gateway Support not knowing poop and the owners not knowing poop (like no firewall for the first year, no spyware stuff installed--hoo boy!) Wonder what the record is for the most spyware on a machine?

And with handwriting--that's why the typewriter and keyboard were invented--my Son has horrible handwriting, his teachers have told him to "please type". I do calligraphy ("fancy writing") but he evidently didn't inherit anything from me!

Liz

i'll get started on a fresh batch of Holly Water and God Danit I'm Sick of this Computer Missles just for your Gateway ;)

I am afraid :o that Mac might actually not be the one typing the words on to the posts, but the other individual that he hosts inside of his head is just using the body :unsure: to try and comprehend the words into sentences, paragraphs, and Term papers :huh: ...the understanding isn't to maintain balance but to as one of my favorite cartoons would say :D

"What are we going to do tomorrow night brain?"

"The same thing we try to do every night, Pinky! Try to take over the World!!!" :PB)

Found this on MSNBC, look how cute is that?? Everybody say "awwww" :)

A Zonkey

Friday Night Pizza Buffet!

Thanks, Mac for preparing the Holly Water and Missles! When you hear my screams all the way in Colorado, send 'em over--If I'm hollering at kids my yelling can only be heard as far west as Wisconsin.

Vacuumed the car today--first time since Fall--and anyone who has a long haired dog who likes to go "bye bye" knows that is a job!!

Liz

Vacuumed the car today--first time since Fall--and anyone who has a long haired dog who likes to go "bye bye" knows that is a job!!

How can you Vacuum? I have to unweave the hair that gets inter-woven into the seats and carpets. It becomes part of everything. LOL

I found this great gadget at a yard sale! Actually a kirby part--it looks like a cylinder with 1/8 inch "teeth" attached to the end, kinda like a round comb--I basically "scrub" with it attached to the vacuum hose and it works GREAT!! Didn't quite fit on the end of my Eureka hose but I taped up the inside enough for it to fit (masking tape is my friend...). Only problem is that about half the teeth are gone after 10 years and our Vacuum Cleaner Center doesn't sell kirby attachments seperately.....works great on sand, too-- :) And those tail hairs do need to get picked out sometimes....Liz

Ok....now last week the wife and I got all the winter things put away...(check)

Racked the lawn....(check)

Cleaned the garage....(check)

Dragged out the lawn mower and serviced....(check)

Pulled out all the lawn and patio deck furniture and set up...(check)

Refilled the propane tank for BBQ....(check)

Cleaned windows on the house....(check)

Also vacuumed car and truck plus car wash....(check)

Moved our daughter back home from University....(check)

All looks good right?

Well last Thurs and Friday night it snows.... :angry:

So now we sit and look out the somewhat clean windows at a white snow coverd patio deck and lawn.

The streets are wet and slush......so much for the cleaned vehicles...

:unsure:

Oh well.....forecast is for warmer weather this week....**sigh**

Have a good weekend everyone....and take care.

(No matter what...grrrr....I'm going to BBQ today...grrrrr....) :D

RV56, don't you know about the winter jinx????? :) That's why I wait till after tree pollen season for all that stuff, especially the windows--yes, my snowshovel is still on the front porch! Wait, thought of the jetstream, that stuff is coming my way and its already only in the 40s! Noooooooooooooo! Liz

RV56, don't you know about the winter jinx????? :) That's why I wait till after tree pollen season for all that stuff, especially the windows--yes, my snowshovel is still on the front porch! Wait, thought of the jetstream, that stuff is coming my way and its already only in the 40s! Noooooooooooooo! Liz

Ya...but last Saturday you could sun tan.... B)

I guess we thought the winter jinx's were done...hahaha..."NOT"..

It's a wet snow and most is pretty well gone but not all by the end of the day....but still..

Blim....just take it easy for a few more days....and don't put away that shovel..(hope you'll never need it though...heh..)