The Besttechie Cafe'

be forwarned though. you might be seeing me in the support sections. i haven't really messed with the tech support side since i got booted from leoville unless someone PM me or emailed or something. but lately i've helped 2 people here through PM and for some reason someone has been sending people to me through macunderground and mac-forums. i'm even going to try my hand at windows support for once. :o

(shrugs shoulders)

why not?

Hi Macmarauder,

Good for you!! Looking forward to seeing you on the tech support sections (at least you'll get a laugh out of my really dumb questions! Don't worry, you know it doesn't bother me!) and the more help the merrier.

And Sidekickcat,

Loved it! That's where these teenagers of mine (biological and kidnapped) come in handy!

Liz

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone.

I sure need a hot cup of coffee, and I am debating the ginger snap cookies or the banana cream pie. I love the virtual cafe food with no calories!!! Anyhow I think I will take the cookies, they must have come straight from the oven to smell so good.

macmarauder, that's all I need...more mice! :rolleyes:

Though having checked your Q and A critter, that one would be ok I think. As long as it doesn't download any plums!!! :rolleyes:

Well those cookies are so good, I think I will have some more plus another cup of that good coffee, while I sit over in my rocking chair reading the boards today.

God bless everyone.

macmarauder, that's all I need...more mice!  :rolleyes:

Though having checked your Q and A critter, that one would be ok I think. As long as it doesn't download any plums!!!  :rolleyes:

i wouldn't quite say smarter just yet. yesterday it spent about an hour staring at the wall and once in a while backing up and bumping into it. i figured that something was broken, so i went to pick it up and check it out, and it speed off. i either created a very dumb robot mouse or a miniature monster mouse that's plotting against me. i only added a much larger memory chip than the kit came with and changed the programing a little bit. really ;)

Now why didn't I think of that??? Good idea!!!

Sounds like the ultimate snack and dip!!!

I will try it tomorrow when the gingersnaps get a bit crisper, as day old ones usually do.

That is if you all will leave me one or two? :unsure:

God bless everyone.

Aww....i don't think i can make it. Can you wrap them up and email them to me?

omg anintelligent mouse, we don't need that, it will be joining with the bad bots from 'I Robot" and taking over the world, You better keep it under control somehow. How much memory did you give it?

too late I here it coming for me. Its spreading its helpers throughout the UK

Mac's mouse spreads nanobots everywhere

PS thanks to echobay

Heya Mac,

I love to DJ!! Can I have the job!! Please? :D

Thanks for considering me. The resume is in the mail. B)

Right now in iTunes this is whats playing.

* @Jeff np: Avril Lavigne - Nobody's Home [03:35m/128Kbps/44KHz]

Note: Avril is hot! lol. I can't believe I just said that in public. :blink:

Next up, one of my favorite underground bands.

* @Jeff np: Race The Sun - Vanity Score [03:46m/160Kbps/44KHz]

I hope I get the job.

B

Jeff, you say that about Avril Lavigne every time you play her on chat so what difference saying it here?

You will probably be up against our resident pro dj for the job, Shadow Thomas

:D:D:D:D

Heya Mac,

I love to DJ!! Can I have the job!! Please? :D

Thanks for considering me. The resume is in the mail. B)

Right now in iTunes this is whats playing.

* @Jeff np: Avril Lavigne - Nobody's Home [03:35m/128Kbps/44KHz]

Note: Avril is hot! lol. I can't believe I just said that in public. :blink:

Next up, one of my favorite underground bands.

* @Jeff np: Race The Sun - Vanity Score [03:46m/160Kbps/44KHz]

I hope I get the job.

B

You really have an addicture to her don't you? lol

/me goes to check out Race The Sun...

I think I will sit down over in "my" rocking chair out of the way, while having one of those mugs of hot coffee. Do we have a good Besttechie design for the mugs yet?

Having a tug of war to take a nap, (which I never do except when I'm sick), or to stay up and catch up on the other boards I'm on. So the coffee will keep me up, and hopefully awake!

Hubby had a sleepless night. I think the daylight savings time change affected him a bit. He tosses and turns and mutters...why do men mutter so much?...and the cat tromps around as if she is mad at him for disturbing her sleep...by then I wake up just as he goes back to sleep...and so cat comes to me for attention... and I finally fall asleep. Then cycle repeats. Yawn...sigh...yawn!!!

How about another cup of coffee over here please? Thank you so much.

As for the dj, I hope he can play some good ole blues, cool jazz, and good gospel music too once in awhile, just for me. Thank you very much.

Though I am listening to Trinity Broadcasting Network most of this week for their Spring PraiseAthon. Lots and lots of good gospel singing, and good preaching too. So I have been enjoying that in the background.

Ummmm that coffee is good.

God bless everyone.

i just came back after a long drive from denver and i think i've come up with a new super hero.

ROAD RAGE MAN :angry:

i can not believe the lack of basic driving skill in the big city and then i get back here and it's just as bad. for example i want to turn into Road Rage Man and teach drivers how to use their turn signals by smashing them into their turn signals.

Morning...

i've been passing by this lil cafe' every morning and just wanted to peek in and say hi...OK...Really... i saw the posts about less then desirable drivers and i think i know the reason for the phenemenon you mentioned bar5. Drivers coming out of gas stations and then driving slooow are still in shock and some what suicidal after pumping $10.00 in to the tank and NOT seeing the gas gage move... :blink:

Morning...

i've been passing by this lil cafe' every morning and just wanted to peek in and say hi...OK...Really... i saw the posts about less then desirable drivers and i think i know the reason for the phenemenon you mentioned bar5. Drivers coming out of gas stations and then driving slooow are still in shock and some what suicidal after pumping $10.00 in to the tank and NOT seeing the gas gage move...  :blink:

good one. :lol: it's too true.

that's another thing i absolutely hate is the gas company squeezing those extra cents to pay for their private jets. i can really afford to drive my old 10mpg mustang anymore :o and i've just spent a several weeks modifying my 86 bronco so that it can get decent gas mileage (yeah i know that i should just get a new car but i like my old 70 an 86 turds). i guess i should consider myself fortunate though. it's only about $2.20 here today. it's way worse elsewhere like california.

Hi All,

Biding my time until Son realizes he left a bit of homework here. He'll call, I'll read him his answers and then off to the yardwork---another beautiful spring day in Michigan.

Rude drivers get my goat, too, especially when I have young'uns driving with them!

I hate tailgaters! SUVs and vans are the worst cuprits around here. I KNOW it has to be easy to tailgate, because these vehicles really have no front end, but it is so intimidating when your entire rear view mirror is full of grill! I just blinker, pull off the road and let them pass me. My kids holler, "MOM!!! Tailgate 'em back!", (think not!) I hope my method is a much more polite way of getting my point across.

After a high of $2.48 on Monday, the gas here is down to $2.28--which is strange, it usually goes up for the weekend.... In 2000, I went to Denmark, and gas was about $4 gallon! But Europe has such a good public transportation system and the cities are layed out so one can walk anywhere, so the prices were no big deal to them (!)

Liz

Hi All,

Biding my time until Son realizes he left a bit of homework here. He'll call, I'll read him his answers and then off to the yardwork---another beautiful spring day in Michigan.

Rude drivers get my goat, too, especially when I have young'uns driving with them!

I hate tailgaters! SUVs and vans are the worst cuprits around here. I KNOW it has to be easy to tailgate, because these vehicles really have no front end, but it is so intimidating when your entire rear view mirror is full of grill! I just blinker, pull off the road and let them pass me. My kids holler, "MOM!!! Tailgate 'em back!", (think not!) I hope my method is a much more polite way of getting my point across.

After a high of $2.48 on Monday, the gas here is down to $2.28--which is strange, it usually goes up for the weekend.... In 2000, I went to Denmark, and gas was about $4 gallon! But Europe has such a good public transportation system and the cities are layed out so one can walk anywhere, so the prices were no big deal to them (!)

Liz

2.28, thats pretty good. Here 2.39 is normal for 87 octane gas. Sometimes fluctuates to 2.42, but thats sometimes...

Had to sign back on after reading the paper today. Front page article about gas prices--

"Thursday, crude tumbled nearly $2 a barrel... and gasoline futures fell nearly 11 cents before slightly rebounding on the NY Mercantile Exchange.

"Will that have any impact on prices at the pump?

"'Probably not,', said Phil Flynn, a senior market analyst.....'The shock value of $2 gasoline has gone away. It's a part of life.'"

Well that just ticks me off!!!! Way back (before a lot of you were born!) when the sugar price shot up, did it go back down? Noooooooo, because it was assumed "us dumb sheep" would accept it, of course. Same thing with coffee, lettuce and tomatoes. The weather crisis resolved itself, crops were back to normal and the prices stayed high. And the oil industry is doing the same thing with gas.

I also discovered that I can't type worth beans when I'm angry. Hope I fixed the mistakes. Phew, ok my rants over.... <_< Find... the...comics...now....Liz

I take the gas prices in stride. If you look at the price of a gallon of milk compared to 30 years ago and now do the same to gas you would see that gas is the better bargain. The only way to rein in gas prices is to build more refineries. There is plenty of oil just sitting at the docks and out to sea waiting to be off loaded but without the capability to process it and the demand being so high the prices will continue to increase. I believe the price will hit a $2.50 average and stay there for quite some time. I try to limit my usage by not making unnecessary trips. If I need a few items at the store I'll walk the 1/2 mile to get them. If I just go to visit someone locally I jump on my bicycle. I drive when I need to have my blood work done twice a month and each time I combine that trip with paying bills or doing my main shopping.