Biggest Storm Of The Season

First big storm of the winter, and it's a good one. Calling for 8-14 inches with winds beyond 40 MPH. Started around 2:00 PM yesterday. Just thought I would post before going out to take care of the snow. I know this is going to be an all day affair. Good luck to all in the path of the storm.

Take care,

Pat

Close all hatches and bunker down novi... :unsure: Hope you come out of it ok.

We've been running below average snow fall and way above seasonal temps. this year. Something is wacked or run a muck as Liz would say... :lol: Didn't see much sunshine this winter either....lots of cloud, low level fog.

Take care novi...

Glad it finally stoped. Got around 18 inches, took about 7hrs. to clear everything. When you get that much snow you kind of run out of places to put it.

Pat

We run out of room when 70"+ drops in a week. This will be the first winter in a long time that we haven't exceeded 200"+. We have only received about 74" so far this winter, but July isn't here yet.:D

Now, Screi, to quote Daughter when she's "had it" with her little brother--"I hate you SOOO much!" :D (Gad, I'd love to see 86) W. Michigan didn't get all the snow, but had an 86 car pile up on the highway, due to a "Lake effect Whiteout"! Oh, my gosh, the photos were scary! Thankfully, the 20 people who were taken to the hospital were "treated and released", no injuries! And even more thankfully, one kid was home and another was in a different part of town. Phew!

Liz

LOL Hahahahaha!!!

Sorry I had to laugh. I seem to get it before it gets to all of you. Got a little under 3 foot of the stuff before it moved east and had it's heyday with you all. :P

It's nice outside right now. But another big storm is coming later tonight -early tomorrow morning. And it looks to be even a bigger storm. With colder temps. :o

Glad I still have a good pile of wood to burn. Laugh every time I fire up the stove. Gas Company isn't going to get me. :lol:

It's about time someone else got slammed with all that nasty white stuff instead of us around the Great Lakes.:D

You can say that again! We usually get lake effect from Lake Erie until it freezes over, only to be replaced by more of the same from Lake Ontario, which never freezes.

We're also around 100" under our normal snowfall for the season. Let's hope it stays that way. I cannot remember a January with so many days of temps in the 40's & 50's instead of subzero.

It snowed yesterday and I'm not at school, but to be honest I don't know if school is out or if my mom let me stay home cause I was a little sick. I'll ask when she gets back for lunch. My guess is they called my school system closed shortly after I finally was able to sleep.

It snowed 3 days in a row here. Not constantly. Just once in a short burst each day. Usually doesn't happen in this part of Tennessee. It usually snows one day and we don't see any for at least a week.

It's about time someone else got slammed with all that nasty white stuff instead of us around the Great Lakes.:D

You can say that again! We usually get lake effect from Lake Erie until it freezes over, only to be replaced by more of the same from Lake Ontario, which never freezes.

We're also around 100" under our normal snowfall for the season. Let's hope it stays that way. I cannot remember a January with so many days of temps in the 40's & 50's instead of subzero.

It is pleasant not being blanketed by all that snow and having the furnace run constant. Of course National Grid (formerly Niagara Mohawk) decide to punish us with a surcharge because we haven't used as much natural gas as they predicted before the winter hit. We pay extra because they foolishly bought gas at a higher projected rate. Let's see if the PSC gets on their case.

It is pleasant not being blanketed by all that snow and having the furnace run constant. Of course National Grid (formerly Niagara Mohawk) decide to punish us with a surcharge because we haven't used as much natural gas as they predicted before the winter hit. We pay extra because they foolishly bought gas at a higher projected rate. Let's see if the PSC gets on their case.

So you folks have too much natural gas. We may need it as it's going to plumet into the mid 70's here tomorrow.

hahahaha

My power went out at 8 AM and was restored at 12:45 PM. 4 1/2 hours to repair the lines down the street. We got nailed with hurricane force winds of 75+ m.p.h. Many trees and power poles are down over several counties. Temps are expected to drop from 60F early this morning to 10F tonight with winds abating after 3 PM to 40-50 m.p.h. There's a lot of major damage to many structures in the area. I lost part of my kitchen roof again. This is 3 winters in a row that I've lost a section of roof. I'm getting tired of climbing up and fixing it.

Man you guys are really getting hit hard.... :huh:

Well out of no where comes a blast of cold....this morning 6a.m. was -31c/-24F with a high of -19c/-2F.

Tonight back down to -31c..... :blink:

But hey....its been sunny for the last couple of days... :rolleyes: ... :lol:

B)

the storm that just blew through here yesterday left me with 3 inches, meanwhile my in-laws up in wisconsin got 10 inches of the stuff. Glad I moved back to Iowa.

it's very cold though, we have a windchill advisory right now. temps are -1F and a windchill of -20F.

god I wish spring and summer would get here quicker.

Todays High is -10F, last night it was -24F. And they say tonight is going to be allot colder then last night. Have a standing 4.5 inches of snow on the ground now. But a heatwave of +6F for tomorrow. If it gets into the high teens, I might have to get some sunbathing in............ :lol:

Todays High is -10F, last night it was -24F. And they say tonight is going to be allot colder then last night. Have a standing 4.5 inches of snow on the ground now. But a heatwave of +6F for tomorrow. If it gets into the high teens, I might have to get some sunbathing in............ :lol:

The news showed one of our local crazies out on Lake Ontario surfing today. Primo waves, man. Freaking water temp is 40 F. I thought I was nuts.

Sending warm wishes to those who are freezing! I thought our low of 0 tonight was going to be cold...

Wow, Terrorist, sounds like you got what we were predicted to get yesterday! It was a wild couple hours but the winds pushed the snotty weather through quickly.

Liz