Thead Locked?

I can see the point. We don't really need left vs right or Christian vs non-Christian here. OT at G$ucks has plenty of room for this left leaning atheist to get trouble stirring. :D

Well-said. I'm very interested in politics, but, unfortunately political threads have a tendency to stir up emotions. BT is an exceptional technical forum with a real family atmosphere. I agree with Besttechie, let us avoid political threads.

Thanks for your understanding. :D

I am sure glad that this is everyones feelings. We sometimes don't like to lock someones post. But we all feel that is is the best way to keep the "wars" down. We all want everyone to feel comfy here at BTs. After all, this is our home.

Thank you all, for your support in these type of matters.

It was a good idea to lock thread. I have read many political and religious threads elsewhere, and most of the time they end up insulting each other with name calling etc.

We don't need that here. Thank you for keeping BT's family atmosphere. That is what the attraction is here. Total respect for each other. We are family.

Barb :thumbsup:

It was a good idea to lock thread. I have read many political and religious threads elsewhere, and most of the time they end up insulting each other with name calling etc.

We don't need that here. Thank you for keeping BT's family atmosphere. That is what the attraction is here. Total respect for each other. We are family.

Barb :thumbsup:

I agree Barb. It would not have been long before someone took offense to the "precieved"slander of one of their "beliefs".

There are other places for those kind of discussions.

Lets keep this place a family place and all get along.

:thumbsup:

Just to keep everyone updated: all the admins and mods have been talking about this all day. We are trying to look at this from all directions and see where this is going to go. We promise our final decisions on such matters will be what we all choose is best.

Matt

i see BT removed my post altogether

why wasnt others removed

what the hell is the difference between me and others

what the hell did i say to get it removed

am i being discriminated against

one poster has already flamed between right and left

read TheTerrorist_75 post

im pi-------d off

all the posts should have been deleted.

is this a selective board.

marty

EDIT By Admin - Due to a browser issue experienced by Marty, the post he is referring to here was NEVER posted to the board at all, and therefore was not removed by Besttechie staff. We apologize for any confusion that this may have caused and Marty's browser troubles are being dealt with in PC Support.

Thanx

Besttechie Admin Team

i see BT removed my post altogether

why wasnt others removed

what the hell is the difference between me and others

what the hell did i say to get it removed

am i being discriminated against

one poster has already flamed between right and left

read TheTerrorist_75 post

im pi-------d off

all the posts should have been deleted.

is this a selective board.

marty

Wrong, martymas.

Mine was deleted also.

That's the reason I started this thread.

To set the record straight for all those who did not see my post before it was summarily "deleted to avoid issues", you can check it out on my site Here.

Pretty benign, wouldn't you say?

Kind of tounge in cheek too.

See, the problem with arbitrary censorship is that it creates more interest in the subject that the censors want to "avoid" to begin with. Case in point: you're looking at this now.

It really dosen't matter whether or not the questionable subject was completely obscene, or as in my case, completely benign and in fact humorous to the point of the original post.

Once it's censored, it BECOMES an issue that it wasn't before.

The puritans and the nazis both learned that fact after the book burnings.

A word to the wise to those who control the delete key. Take it for what it's worth:

Don't jump to knee-jerk over reactions everytime you see something that might be construed as controversial. Most of the time it's just conversation.

And in "Open Chat", conversation should be allowed, in my opinion. Isn't that the point of it?

Joe

that's exactly what we're heavily discussing in the mods section irregularjoe. so don't think that someone is just going all willy nilly about the board with mod features. this isn't G4, and things don't just go unnoticed. so please just bare with us.

and no one person is being singled out.

we are also discussing the future of Political Threads so that in the future all staff members will know what to do.

that's exactly what we're heavily discussing in the mods section irregularjoe. so don't think that someone is just going all willy nilly about the board with mod features. this isn't G4, and things don't just go unnoticed. so please just bare with us.

and no one person is being singled out.

we are also discussing the future of Political Threads so that in the future all staff members will know what to do.

OK Mac.

I'll trust that you'll do the right thing.

Thanks,

Joe

i'm sorry that it pissed you off. that was not the intent of the person that deleted your pict. if it makes you feel any better you can beat up on my newest addition to the forum. "flame wars punching bag dummy" or as i like to call him, "Punchin Buster".

boxdummyxl.jpg

possibly the future of flame wars?

9plzsi.gif

Edited by macmarauder

2 cents: Didn't see it, don't believe avoiding controversy altogether is the right way to go. Family friendly? My family talks about controversial subjects, and we still love each other. Except for my little sister, she's just evil.

There are other places to talk about such things? Aren't there also other tech boards? Aren't there other places to talk about Christmas trees? Any subject? Not a good enough reason IMO.

If you just don't want controversy here, say so and don't apologize. I have seen controversial tech threads too however ("Delete everything that shows up in your HiJackThis log, it's perfectly safe to do so!").

OK, that was maybe fifty cents.

Hi Everyone!

Well, a can-O-worms has certainly been opened here, and rest assured that your Besttechie Admin and Staff are working on the solution to this as we speak.

I would however, like to issue a formal apology to Irregularjoe concerning the removal of his image, it was a mistake on the part of BT Admin, and should not have been removed....sorry Joe!

As Macmarauder pointed out, this has brought to our attention the need for an area for those who wish to discuss these types of issues, and we are currently working on a forum format that will allow those folks a private arena in which to do this.

We will be announcing the opening of this area soon, and it will be available to ONLY those who wish to join those discussions. These topics will NOT be allowed to spill over into any other area of the BT forums, so for those of you who do not wish to see or hear any of this, don't worry, you won't.

Thx

Edited by Chappy

Excellent Idea and thank you, Admins and Staff! I rarely, if ever babble in the political discussions (I'm too durned idealistic and not knowledgeable enough) but I learn so much from every political thread I've read! Someday I may even know what I'm talking about (OK, probably not :rolleyes: )

When it opens, I'll be reading!

PS: Can O' Worms would be a great name for the section!

Liz

Edited by blim
Hi Everyone!

Well, a can-O-worms has certainly been opened here, and rest assured that your Besttechie Admin and Staff are working on the solution to this as we speak.

I would however, like to issue a formal apology to Irregularjoe concerning the removal of his image, it was a mistake on the part of BT Admin, and should not have been removed....sorry Joe!

As Macmarauder pointed out, this has brought to our attention the need for an area for those who wish to discuss these types of issues, and we are currently working on a forum format that will allow those folks a private arena in which to do this.

We will be announcing the opening of this area soon, and it will be available to ONLY those who wish to join those discussions. These topics will NOT be allowed to spill over into any other area of the BT forums, so for those of you who do not wish to see or hear any of this, don't worry, you won't.

Thx

Apology not necessary, but thank you.

It's really nice to see that the admins take complaints seriously and then act to resolve them. That is very comforting and all too unusual on most other forums..

The password required forum sounds like a good idea.

Not sure how much I'll use it, but nice to know it's available.

Thanks for the great work. :thumbsup:

Joe

Edited by irregularjoe

Hi Everyone!

Thx

Apology not necessary, but thank you.

It's really nice to see that the admins take complaints seriously and then act to resolve them. That is very comforting and all too unusual on most other forums..

The password required forum sounds like a good idea.

Not sure how much I'll use it, but nice to know it's available.

Thanks for the great work. :thumbsup:

Joe

Hi Joe!

Yes, it was necessary, we don't take our members for granted here at BT's, after all the only reason we are here is because of all of you. Without our wonderful members, we are nothing, so we work hard to make this place what you folks want, and to keep it that way.

We look at ALL complaints in a very serious manner, we do not take these lightly. If there is something we can do to rectify the situation, you can rest assured that we will do whatever we can to do just that. Of course tho, not every complaint or situation can be resolved like this, but we do whatever we can and we always let the offended member know what the situation is after a decision is made.

We try hard to make sure that EVERY member is treated in a polite, respectful manner, and any concerns they may have are looked at ASAP and resolved as best we can allow, while staying within the guidelines for keeping the forums a "Family Friendly" site.

Thx for the Support!

I haven't been posting here, due to the new job and Christmas, but I still consider this my "home". The original intent of the picture was to piss off a Bush supporter. It wasn't tame, and it would have started a flame war.

I am one of the people here with strong political views, and I keep my mouth shut to maintain the calm that is "Besttechie". Thanks to all of you that do the same.

BH

I haven't been posting here, due to the new job and Christmas, but I still consider this my "home". The original intent of the picture was to piss off a Bush supporter. It wasn't tame, and it would have started a flame war.

I am one of the people here with strong political views, and I keep my mouth shut to maintain the calm that is "Besttechie". Thanks to all of you that do the same.

BH

Wrong.

Being the OP, I should know.

The intent was to share MY views, not piss off you.

They call it having an opinion.

Anyway, it's old news now.