• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Another Random Topic:

Kids are wusses today.

I tend to buy stuff on sale, and a couple of years ago I got a witch shaped fog machine to put on the porch. I already had a spooky sound effects record playing, and little else. It actually scared kids off, they wouldn't come to the door.

What happened? When I was a kid we enjoyed being a little scared. Isn't that what halloween is?

BH

I blame Soccermoms.

When I was little, my dad had a "collection" of these gory latex masks (the kind with hanging eyeballs and dripping skin...really ugly) He used to hide in the bushes and jump out at trick-or-treaters :D Some cried, but most loved it and were looking for him. Irritated the heck out of my mom, (she didn't like it when the occasional kid was really scared!) but it didn't stop him until we moved to Michigan. Somehow, I never saw those masks again...."Lost in the move"??? (hmmm, I'll have to ask mom about that....)

Liz

Edited by blim
I blame Soccermoms.

When I was little, my dad had a "collection" of these gory latex masks (the kind with hanging eyeballs and dripping skin...really ugly)  He used to hide in the bushes and jump out at trick-or-treaters  :D  Some cried, but most loved it and were looking for him.  Irritated the heck out of my mom, (she didn't like it when the occasional kid was really scared!)  but it didn't stop him until we moved to Michigan.  Somehow, I never saw those masks again...."Lost in the move"??? (hmmm, I'll have to ask mom about that....)

Liz

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Must be something they taught in Mom-school. When my mother passed I found several boxes of stuff that 'disappeared in the move". Air rifles, a .22, a wrist rocket sling shot, Nun-chucks, throwing stars, and surprisingly my cowboy boots I used to dance in. I still wonder why she hid the boots, I wasn't THAT bad...:)

BH

Must be something they taught in Mom-school.  When my mother passed I found several boxes of stuff that 'disappeared in the move".  Air rifles, a .22, a wrist rocket sling shot, Nun-chucks, throwing stars, and surprisingly my cowboy boots I used to dance in.  I still wonder why she hid the boots, I wasn't THAT bad...:)

BH

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Might have been the sharp spur spinning on the end of it...didn't want you to poke an eye out, not that you wouldn't have anything else to do the job for ya!

Fleas????? Oh, noooo, hugs for Bozodog. Blame the cat :)

Sandydog has only had fleas once, 3 years ago---and every critter in the area had them that summer. We have been lucky!! Hmmmm, come to think of it, it was a hot dry summer, just like this one.....*checks for the Frontline, yep, one vial left*

Sure hope they don't evacuate off the critters onto the floors, furniture and ankles!

My random thought. There is no expiration date on Frontline. Wonder why?

Liz

eusa_liar.gif Eww, gnats in the nose...

I have found ways to combat almost every bug but flies. The dang things seem to love any repellants. I have a mesh hood I wear during black fly season when out camping. But the stupid things just chew us up on the deck, at the beach, even in the house. [rant] *HATE* flies [/rant]

We went camping and tried placing Raid Pads (the ones your supposed to wipe on yourself) on the corners of the picnic table. It looked like a living tissue. There were hundreds on flies, bees, and everyother kind of pest flocking to them. Never seen any die. But now we know how to get them somewhere else. Just put them 20 or 30 feet from where your at. And they'll flock to em.

for my randomness of the day i am going to perform this act with sock puppets freshly from my feet.

it's about 8 mb in quicktime format but it streams pretty fast.

http://www.milkandcookies.com/links/7452/details/

warning the song may stick in your head and cause you to hit yourself with a gold brick. "NO, i don't know where he got that gold brick from."

hold on to your hat JSKY cause in had a very weird thought tonight.

ok my random thought of the day

why oh why do we feel the need to lick that frost off that post in the middle of winter? for some it's because of wandering if the myth of getting your toung stuck to it is true. some can't resist that alluring taste in your mouth of iced cream when you look at it. but for others it's that need for that comfort that we all feel. here you are by your self in life at this exact moment in time and there it is. just waiting and wanting to forfill your need for a cold frosty pipe, as it calls out to everyone. everyone except the trogladitates of terice 7 who have magnetic teeth and need to digest the minerals from the pipes to keep their hair shinny.

is that random enough for ya?