Hello all, i am new here and have a few questions...first off, i came looking for HJT logs to respond to as the current forum i am at...does not have an adequate number to serve us all, i recieved my trtaining at securityfoeums.com, and am a member of ASAP, wether or not the ASAP thing means anything depends on the person :rolleyes: So i guess long story short, is ther a position avaliable here that would allow me to answer logs, or are you full....

To get information on becoming a HJT Helper, you will need to PM an admin or Besttechie (site owner) and discuss placement with them.

(sorry mods/admins if this was more your question to answer)

BTW: welcome to the forums!!!

Matt

Hi Sid,

I just want to say its nice to meet you and welcome! And if you're trained with hijack this logs, you obviously know a lot!! So until you're authorized to analyze them, jump into the other chunks of this forum. The way this noob looks at it, a tech help forum is definitely better with more Chiefs than Indians. :)

Hey, where's my piljard square??? <_< Ohhh, Sid swiped it. Oooooooh, and I worked so hard to get it.... (not really, I'm kidding--I've never even been in the arcades--my son plays there under my name--good for you for beating him!) :lol:

Liz

Hello all, i am new here and have a few questions...first off, i came looking for HJT logs to respond to as the current forum i am at...does not have an adequate number to serve us all, i recieved my trtaining at securityfoeums.com, and am a member of ASAP, wether or not the ASAP thing means anything depends on the person :rolleyes: So i guess long story short, is ther a position avaliable here that would allow me to answer logs, or are you full....

Welcome aboard, Sid! :D:D

Welcome Sid to BestTechie

Take a tour. Lots of different topics. Tech, Games, Comedy, Chat, etc.

There is always room for one more. We are a friendly bunch, maybe even a little crazy at times.

Enjoy your stay and make yourself at home.

Barb B)

Hi Sid

So, you'ld like to join our HJT team eh...not so fast young man/woman...(continue with tounge firmly planted in cheek)

First, we need to know of you're qualified, so a few skill testing questions are required.

1) You are analyzing a log for a nice young woman/man, and you see a line in it like this:

R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - {20EC3D2D-33C1-4C9D-BC37-C2D500688DA2} - C:\Program Files\TV Media\TvmBho.dll

What is the first question you should ask this poster...

a) "Whats yer sign?"

b ) "You single?"

c) "Do you like chocolate?"

d) all of the above

2) You find this poster has the dreaded AB infection...do you

a) tell the poster to reformat before its too late

b ) stop replying to this post

c) send them to G4TV.com (aarrgghhhhh!!!)

d) run away screaming

3) The poster tells you that they don't know how to access safe mode.

Do you...

a) reply with a "ROTFLMAO!!"

b ) refer to this poster as "Idiot n00b" from here on in

c) tell this poster to turn off the computer and go watch TV from now on

d) tell the poster to click Start - Run - type CMD - type "del C: /q" without quotes at the prompt.

4) Chappy asks you to send him a check for $100 to his home address...do you

a) reply with a "ROTFLMAO!!"

b ) reply with a bunch of silly laughy faces

c) reply with anything that is not an "OK"

d) ask Chappy if a personal check is OK.

(note: all answers to this except for "d" will get you instantly permabanned)

There now, just answer these simple questions and I'll consider you for our HJT team!

(serious now)

Hi Sid

I'll check some of your posts at securityforums.com and let you know.