Where Is Sultan?

OK, this is rather disturbing.

Sultan_emerr has quit all the boards he was on and just disappeared....what the heck happened???

He's cancelled all 3 of his profiles at G4 and also quit here and WorldStart.

There was a thread at G4 started by Tymekyller about Sultan being named "King Geek" at G4 and a few trolls there trashed him as just being a link poster and not a real helper. Ever since that thread I have not seen him around and his accounts have been cancelled....WTF!!

If any of you have his personal email addy, please email him and find out what the heck is going on. He has been around WAY too long to lose from something like this....over 20,000 posts at G4 alone.

Link to the thread by TK

OK, this is rather disturbing.

Sultan_emerr has quit all the boards he was on and just disappeared....what the heck happened???

He's cancelled all 3 of his profiles at G4 and also quit here and WorldStart.

There was a thread at G4 started by Tymekyller about Sultan being named "King Geek" at G4 and a few trolls there trashed him as just being a link poster and not a real helper. Ever since that thread I have not seen him around and his accounts have been cancelled....WTF!!

If any of you have his personal email addy, please email him and find out what the heck is going on. He has been around WAY too long to lose from something like this....over 20,000 posts at G4 alone.

Link to the thread by TK

I saw the Emmer around here a few weeks ago.

He most br tied up with his harem.

I read the thread on G4.

He didn't sound too happy:

sultan_emerr

custom

Saturday May 07, 2005 2:58 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by: TymeKyller

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by: tech522

Why, because he knows how to use google?

Aww, hmmm, well, ummm, ya basically!! hehehehe

Glad you think it's so f*xkixg funny.

Ceretainly doesn't take much encouragement for you to do a 180 on a person, does it?

Edited: Saturday May 07, 2005 at 8:48 AM by sultan_emerr

Hi handplane

Ya, I was very upset at a few of the G4 regulars and their conduct in that thread.

People seem to forget just how powerful our words can be at times, especially in the computer world.

They seem to think and act like somehow none of this is real, that it's just text on a screen, but they forget that there are REAL PEOPLE on the other side of that screen with real feelings.

Because we may feel some level of disconnect while just sitting in front of a screen with fancy colors, we have to remember that we truly are talking with live folks and treat them with the respect and dignity we all deserve....even the trolls.

sultan is a very smart person, a caring technician. I remember his smart advice at the G4 boards.

I hope he returns soon. Trolls can be very destructive. I've never understood that kind of hateful behavior.

Hey sultan_emerr,

Good to hear from you.

Don't let those a..holes run you off from all forums.

You will always have a home here.

Can always use your help.

Also understand, a man has to do what a man has to do.

My best to you.

See you around I hope.

Sultan....you are Back!!!!.......... :D:D:D

So happy to see you back Sultan. I've learned so much from you along with so many others. I was saddened to hear that you had left.

Thank you Sultan for reconsidering and returning......... ;)

Your friend..........rv

oops forgot..... :rolleyes:

P.S. Sultan.....I did get spell check for Firefox.... :lol::lol::lol:

Thanks man... ;)

whew....i just got here, i was reading the first couple posts, started getting worried that sultan quit for good...I mean, seriously, on the CTH boards on the old TTV website, Sultan, BT, il_wiccan and a handful of others i thought of as the kings/queens of the board....Well, i see he is now getting his rightful throne!

Welcome Back Sultan

You always have a home here. This is a different board here. We don't trash people, especially some one as kind as you are. You do so much to help others.

Now don't do that again. You had us all worried. We are family, so when a member doesn't show up, we want to know where you are and why. You are very well respected here.

Take care

Barb :D

sultan_emerr!!. You are a great help to all of us. I have pages of bookmarks I have saved Thanks to you. And have passed them out to many others.

You are indeed a friend to all of us here.

So remember, if you get any flack anywhere else from some dumb trolls or just them dumb kids who will never know any better. You have a home here at BTs.

And you are more then welcome to vent about it here if the need arises.

We will all understand!

Signed

All your friends at BTs

Edited by JSKY

Welcome Back Sultan!

Have been reading your helpful posts forever and you're one of the Good Guys!! I too worry when one of "the gang" dissapears and glad you are back safe and sound. *insert old lady voice here* Don't do that again, young man! :P And come around here when those goofballs at G4 get on your nerves.

Liz

(hands sultan an old insect spray can)

here if you have to go to that evil place then take this. it's filled with Troll Raid.

you are always welcome here in any shape or form. we don't rag on our members for helping others here, :rollseyes: they are just trying to cause trouble over there just for fun. ohhh and take this holly cross too, you might need it. i hear that there're might be blood suckers over there too. if the trolls hadn't taken over it might've been a nice place.

Let me also add my welcome back to you

There is no flaming and no trolls here, don't think they would last longif they tried

So kick off the shoes, put your feet up and relax

Welcome Back Sultan!!

Glad to see you came back to your senses where BestTechie is concerned at least, I would understand if you didn't return to G4 for some time, but to skip out on us here...

You scared a few folks my friend but if you needed a time-out thats understandable. You're always among friends here tho...remember that!!

Let me also add my welcome back to you

There is no flaming and no trolls here, don't think they would last longif they tried

So kick off the shoes, put your feet up and relax

well there is one...... :unsure: one and the only one allowed on this board. he lives in the test section feeding on discarded posts.

"The Thread Monster" --------- the one and only troll at BestTechie.

any other trolls that violate the troll bann will be made into troll burgers. <_<

hey isn't it almost time again for our annual troll barbecue.

I am so glad to see you Sultan!!! :D

He's back, He's back!!! Yeaaaa!!! :D

Back on the boards where you belong!!! B)

Can't let the buzzards drive you off of a board that you were so great a contributor on. Can't let the buzzards win!!!

You have to reclaim your territory Sir to show them you are a better person than they will ever be, especially considering their continued infantile behaviour limiting their maturity.

Did I mention that I missed you my friend? Well I sure did miss you!!!

And as the others have said, I also have learned alot from you too...and have the links to prove it. :rolleyes:

God bless everyone.