Happy Birthday The Terrorist 75

Happy Birthday Terrorist! Have a wonderful day, keep the plaster out of your eyes, and have fun with the demolition! My favorite part of construction--well, the part I'm best at anyways :thumbsup:

Liz

Such a fun day it was. Plaster, lathe and crappy rock wool insulation. I have several more rooms to do. The main kitchen was just the first. Part of the kitchen roof blew off during the major wind storms this winter and spring and the leaks destroyed the plaster. I am going to replace the whole roof with metal. Once that is done I can start on the rest. The main kitchen needs to be completely remodeled. The previous owner built the kitchen cabinets himself out of plywood and 2 X 2 studs back in the early '60s. There must be 30 coats of paint on them. He painted everything the last time, including the oak trim throughout the hosue, with a dark brown oil based paint. I have been stripping the trim little by little.

I'm just sitting here watching the rain drops fall, again. It needs to stop. We have 11 counties now declared federal disaster zones because of the flooding. At least it is cool for now. I'll take that over 90 degrees and muggy.

Hi TT,

Sorry I'm a bit late w/ Birthday wishes. Hope it was a good one. I spent the whole day yesterday reorginizing the garage (not even close to being done)

Take care,

Pat