Congratulations Isteve!

Congratulations on the expert status! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Nah no flames to anyone of our BestTechie family members regarding types of computers/operating systems/or browsers used...what other flame magnets did I leave out here.... we are all just one big happy, though sometimes eccentric, family here!!! :rolleyes:

Pat

God bless everyone

Edited by thesidekickcat

congrats man. I flame only one mac user, and I do it only in the "real world". My brother. But he constanly makes fun of my PC's. anywho. I hope you spread your mac knowledge to all those who need it.

I can't imagine a Mac guy being flamed!?! The biggest problem with the Mac Folks here is the lack of help questions! Because they work! I'd have a Mac if I could afford one...someday, someday!

Hondaboy, siblings are exempt from the flaming rules :)

Liz

As of late Mac users have been getting some breaks, but we have a reputation of being a little arrogant, and some of us are. But most of us have a sense of humor.

I always get a kick out of the apple store openings where thousands of appleheads line up for hours to spend there money. To tell the truth every time I go to a apple store I feel like I'm on a trip to disney. Must be the apple flavored cool aid.

Joy of tech.

Edited by isteve
As of late Mac users have been getting some breaks, but we have a reputation of being a little arrogant, and some of us are. But most of us have a sense of humor.

I always get a kick out of the apple store openings where thousands of appleheads line up for hours to spend there money. To tell the truth every time I go to a apple store I feel like I'm on a trip to disney. Must be the apple flavored cool aid.

Joy of tech.

Congrats!

Nice link to JOT, I love reading it. I have recently joined the "cult" as I have just purchased a new Macbook Pro for personal and university use in September.

Joy of tech.

I know the feeling, I get the same way when I go into Menards (a regional Home Depot type store) :thumbsup:

Appleheads....love it! and great comic

Liz

CONGRADULATIONS isteve! you've done a great job. we haven't had a mac expert since i went awal and it's nice to know that people like you stepped up.

the only bad thing is that now instead of having 2 whole areas all to myself (mac experts section and the basement), now i only have the basement to myself. oh well, i'll put out another lazy boy in the mac experts room, with built in iPod and laptop i might add. :D and there's a mini fridge under the armrests btw.

Soon, i will the father of MacBook Pro! im going to cry..... *sniff* it so precious

Congrats! I recently got one as my first Mac.

I got what seems to be a perfect one despite the complaints swirling around the internet recently.

Welcome to the club once more haha.

yes, i know those stuff, but i suspect that the mac user is mishandling the laptop.

The battery swelling, i doubt that was Apple fault (well kinda if Apple stop appling too much thermal paste on the processor) because it on the table 24/7, there is no such space for the heat to escape, it creating too much heat around it and affect the battery doing this. You can prevent it by opening the macbook and take out the paste and apply it in correct amount. I think it was the worker fault who is too lazy to measure the paste tihnking it wouldnt damage the macbook

The MagSafe, i doubt it was Apple Fault again because that kind of thing can happen to magsafe if you pulled it a lot by the cord, not the plug. I saw the pic and doubtly this happen because it look like it was pulled a lot causing the wire to snap and surged it with other wire

About the venting, im surpised the company didnt remove the film, why those worker is soo lazy forcing us to replace the mac if it was damaged by the heat

the speaker, hey im deaf, i dont need crystal-clear sound to hear it. I have headphone, i can hear it if the speaker is right next to my ear. I mostly use it to hear forgein songs. Mostly like Eurodance song.

What else did i miss?

*AMEND* About the discoloration, it just a dirt..... you can clean it off with nail polish and it works everytime. They say you have to use a very specific nail polsih, non-acelon? or something like that.

Edited by DarkestDream