Need Help Finding A New Isp

sorry but i'm very very frustraighted right now. i've had lots of trouble with Earthlink.net and i just had the last straw. i'm paying way to much for crappy service and slow speeds. i'm not having much luck finding one for under $50 a month with a good record. if this was San Francisco i'd be paying $20 a month for the same thing. any suggestions.

DSL or Cable

in Colorado Springs, Colorado

Mac OS X 10.3

still got DSL modem

and i know that i should know this but i'm so pissed right now my brain is fried. what the heck is OS reliant on a DSL line. i don't need any controlling software except for what firmware is in the modem, right?

Hmmm...don't know of any ISP's offhand for ya, and I don't think you'll need more than your modem and protocol drivers.

Too bad my ISP couldn't help you out, at least I don't think they can, but they're Access Communications if you want to check, and they're great!!

I'll see what I can find and get back to you.

Hey man, I use Earthlink too, anything I should be aware of that might affect me?

As for price, I had dialup, called them and told them I could get 'so-and-so' DSL for 'such-and-such' price for a year, match that and I'll stay. So if service wasn't an issue you can negotiate their price.

yeah it weird, i'm finding alot of mixed reviews about them. you either have no trouble and get a stable fast connection or you got crap and the support sucks. those of you californians that can get roadrunner and such are luckier than me. everyone around here is paying twice the price for half the service and speed.

Hi Mac,

Isn't Colorado in Qwest territory? If so, then perhaps you could get in on their current promotions for a year. as low as 19.99 with qualifying package, or 24.99 without it. There's another offer too, for higher speed. (There are extra fees and probably taxes too I read someplace).

Qwest DSL

I still haven't made up my mind to do it, have dialup now. Don't know if I am smart enough to be safe on it, or even to get it working right. Sigh!

Anyhow here is the DSL Reports reviews, when I read them a couple of months ago, there were some thingys...modems/routers....whatever that were problems but other brands ok.

Qwest Reviews on DSL Reports

I hope you find something that is cheaper then what you have now.

Pat.

God bless everyone.

Sidekickcat, you should make the switch to dsl. You'll be amazed at how it makes surfing so much better than dialup. You are plenty knowledgeable to do it. Besides you have everyone here to help you. I'm pretty sure you have all the precautions taken care of already.