K My Internet Browser Is All Mssed Up

k now i installed google tool bar and i click on it to be on my browser and i click off links so it wont show on my browser and then i lock it, later it will automatically change and put links back on and google toolbar off WTF?! soeone please help me solve this IE problem please

Edited by REMIX_23
... later it will automatically chnage and put links back on and googel toolbar offm ...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

OK, the only part I can't quite figure out is "google toolbar offm." OFFM?

(And I wouldn't call a problem with an IE add-on an IE problem exactly ... )

I don't know Google's toolbar, heard it's safe, but I would run all the usual malware scans just in case. Since GTB is an add-on, it might be set to force you to use at least some of its features, you might want to check the help files to see if those features can or cannot be disabled.

... later it will automatically chnage and put links back on and googel toolbar offm ...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

OK, the only part I can't quite figure out is "google toolbar offm." OFFM?

(And I wouldn't call a problem with an IE add-on an IE problem exactly ... )

I don't know Google's toolbar, heard it's safe, but I would run all the usual malware scans just in case. Since GTB is an add-on, it might be set to force you to use at least some of its features, you might want to check the help files to see if those features can or cannot be disabled.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ill solve your IE probelem ;) Get firefox haha.

Does Google Toolbar work with Firefox? That's the program he wants to get fixed.

(I know, I know ... )

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

no i want the problem of my IE settings changing without me changing them to stop then im getting all these unknow searches in google that i nver did and gte links on history that i nver went to and im the only one who uses this computer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ERRR so mad

Edited by REMIX_23

go to tools, internet options,

then content tab,

then the auto complete button,

then click on clear forms.

this will clear the searches.

to clear the history, on the main tab, of internet options, clear history, and delete cookies, and delete temporary internet files.

It sounds as though you got nailed by that new worm that ends up with a fake Google homepage.

Clean your PC of malware.

UPDATE and run your virus scanner.

Here's a free anti-virus program if you do not have one: avast! 4 Home Edition

Run;

Panda ActiveScan

HouseCall

Run the following in Safe Mode.

Starting your computer in Safe Mode

Download and run;

McAfee AVERT Stinger

Download and run;

a² free

To be able to use it, you only must set up a free a² Account, to get access to the update server.

Download then update. Run and remove any spyware it finds.

AdAware

AdAware tutorial

Download then update. Run and remove any spyware it finds.

SpyBot S&D

SpyBot tutorial

If all that fails;

HijackThis examines certain key areas of the Registry and Hard Drive and lists their contents. These are areas which are used by both legitimate programmers and hijackers. It's up to you to decide what should be removed. Some items are perfectly fine. You should not remove them. Never remove everything. Doing that could leave you with missing items needed to run legitimate programs and add-ins. This Page will help you work with the Experts to clean up your system. For those of you needing instructions on how to Copy and Paste the contents of a text file into a Forum Post, please look at the Table of Contents. A link to the instructions is included.

If you have run and fixed anything with Spybot Search and Destroy or AdAware, please reboot before scanning.

The first thing you should do after you download HijackThis is follow this.

Put HijackThis in a Permanent folder.

Click My Computer, then C:\

In the menu bar, File->New->Folder.

That will create a folder named New Folder, which you can rename to "HJT" or "HijackThis". Now you have C:\HJT\ folder. Put your HijackThis.exe there, and double click to run it.

This will allow backups to be made and saved By hijackthis in case something goes wrong.

HijackThis 1.99.1

PLEASE go to control panel/ folder options/ view and select show hidden and system files

Also uncheck "hide file extensions of known file types"

If you have disabled anything in msconfig or with a startup utility, please re-enable it and restart computer before running HijackThis.

Post the HJT log at Malware Removal - HijackThis Logs Subforums

Wait until someone knowledgable scans your log and guides you through removing any bad programs.

I don't remember you stating that you've run all the available malware scans. Is this the original problem or yet another? What are you doing that's infecting your machine repeatedly? You might want to reconsider your surfing habits if you keep getting reinfected. What anti-virus and firewall do you use? Any additional security software running? What ISP do you use? Some have several types of security software included for free. That is all. :wacko:

I don't remember you stating that you've run all the available malware scans. Is this the original problem or yet another? What are you doing that's infecting your machine repeatedly? You might want to reconsider your surfing habits if you keep getting reinfected. What anti-virus and firewall do you use? Any additional security software running? What ISP do you use? Some have several types of security software included for free. That is all.      :wacko:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i got these all updated

adaware se pro

spybot search and destroy

spysweeper

karpersky anit virus

windows firewall

A-squared

microsoft antipsyware

hijack

etrust pest patrol

stinger

Google tool bar, definatly does not make you use some of its features, thats for sure. Thats not the way google works, or will ever work.

Make sure all thoes programs are updated, and considering TT 75 said it was a worm, focus on AV. Also follow his instructions carefully, they are very well layed out and quite detailed.

Pierce

... i got these all updated

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you've used the previous advice concerning a "worm" and came up clean, it's time to try some testing to see what's causing the changes. Uninstall GTB (you can always reinstall it later) to see if your problem goes away. Another idea: Temporarily switch to an alternate browser (even if you never plan on using one other than IE, it's a good idea to have one available just for this reason), see if the problem reoccurs. Neither will eliminate whatever bit of unwanted code is changing your settings, but at least you'll get a bit of knowledge about where the problem's coming from. (I forgot what settings get changed ... Doh.)
any mopre help?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well....what from the above advice have you done, and what were the results?

If you followed TT75's advice and are still having issues, you should be at the point where you run a HijackThis scan and post the log.

If you have done so and its in the proper forum, let us know here and we'll concentrate our efforts over there instead, and close this thread.