Look, I Have An Insane Connection!

That's alot of work, does it every day it seems. I've contacted them MULTIPLE times (and by multiple, I mean this: One time I called up there to complain, and I gave them my member number. The guy said "is this Garrett?," I said "yeah" and he said "yeah I recognized your voice"....DOH!) and they won't do a damn thing. They keep telling me it's my router. Bull chit, I direcly connected for 2 weeks (because I RMA'd my router to make them happy) and it was the same crap! Then they told me they could do nothing more because I had the best equipment they had!! But alas...I can't give it up, it's all there is out here. It works great WHEN IT WORKS....but that's a very small time frame. The ISP is called Internet America (Some local piece of chit place), wireless Internet. www.internetamerica.com is the site. They offer DSL, but not in my area. I had dialup before this and I can't go back, I'd go insane.

On a side note, is it bad when I'm on a top of a hill, and the recieving/sending tower is on the water tower in town, and the guy tells me a reason my internet could be bad is because someone may be PARKING AN SUV IN THE WAY?!

:D:D A Hummer, maybe, but an SUV???

I remember a thread a while back where Tymekyller was having problems with his internet. He finally insisted that the Internet Company send a Tech out to his place (his company blamed "the user"---this is Tyme, here, definitely not a "user" problem!)

The Tech brought his laptop out to Tyme's house and "low and behold", it didn't work right for him either. Ended up being some connector wired in wrong, or something like that....

I'd try to get someone out to your house, especially seeing as they are local. After all, you're paying for it, they should work for you. Threatening to call the BBB or your Chamber of Commerce might just make them make a trip to your house if they fight you.

Liz

Edited by blim

They've been to my house countless times...telling me all the while nothing was wrong. The last time they even BILLED me for tech support! I retorted with "I'm paying for your shit to work, I want it fixed for free!" and they voided the bill, but didn't get my internet working any better.

Spazmatic

Tell him bullsh!t.

I do this where I am. What he is providing is unacceptable. He shouldhave seen if the signal was a problem on install. Do you have line of sight (LOS) from your antenna (CPE) to the tower (AP) below? If so then signal shoud not be the problem unless the equipment at your location is crap.

What kind of router are you using, yours of was this from them.

What kind of equipment do you have outside, descride if you don't know brand.

We will walk away from a potential customer if we are not positive we can give good service. Better not to have that customer than to have a pissed customer.

M

"We will walk away from a potential customer if we are not positive we can give good service. Better not to have that customer than to have a pissed customer."

Mike has a real good point. Bad news travels fast.

Liz

They've been to my house countless times...telling me all the while nothing was wrong. The last time they even BILLED me for tech support! I retorted with "I'm paying for your shit to work, I want it fixed for free!" and they voided the bill, but didn't get my internet working any better.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

it's time to switch companies my friend. :blink:

I had the exact problem a while back, when I called my ISP they said theres nothing wrong, after some searching I found out that if I plug my router and modem in a different socket then my computer speakers etc.. it will work proper, also make sure that the speakers and the the router plug are about 6 ft apart. I have was about 4 months drop connection free, until a few months ago when it happened once, everything is ok now.

Hope that can help you Spazmatic, I know its really annoying when they say its not our fault (our computer shows that there is no dropped connection, we cant help you) lol SOB's

Wait...plug your modem and router in different wall plugs or what? (You mean external modem, like a DSL modem, right?)

Why would the speakers interfere? That may be an issue, my speakers (on that computer) are about a foot (if that) apart.

Got an update??

M

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Speaker thing really didn't work...and those guys aren't in my area. (I'm about a quarter mile out of range on one of them)

Still chitty internet. I was getting .7kb/s while downloading a file from superford.com. Took a HELL of a long time, 1.5mb. Should have taken 30 seconds. The funny thing is they keep telling me it's on my end...but here's the thing. Before I got Internet America, I had Wacool (another local service). It was great, perfect for my application. Then...it was bought by Internet America and we merged with their customers. It has SUCKED ever since.

Sometimes this will help. Turn off your system.

Unplug your modem from the 110 wall outlet for about 2 min.

This will allow the cache to empty itself out.

then turn everything back on.

Sometimes this will help. Turn off your system.

Unplug your modem from the 110 wall outlet for about 2 min.

This will allow the cache to empty itself out.

then turn everything back on.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I do that quite often, that's usually the advice they give. When it doesn't work, they say "call form 8-5 so you can get a technician out there"

When the tech comes out. does he have problems connecting? or does he even try.

Have you tried different cables from the wall outlet (cable line) to your modem/router/pc?

When the tech comes out. does he have problems connecting? or does he even try.

Have you tried different cables from the wall outlet (cable line) to your modem/router/pc?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't really know, they always have a laptop and they plug it in and then proceed to tell me it's my router. How is it my router, when I have the same connection with it directly plugged from my internet source to my computer?

I have a few sets of Cat5, they all seem to be in complete working order.