Whiskeyman's Bar

Uh, yeah, I'm starting to mildew here!!!! :pirate::D:pirate:

Liz

Well you keep insisting on hanging around the pool. At a bar no less lol.

*Makes mental note to keep an eye on Liz and the pool*

edit: Hey 19

Edited by Makai
  • Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tough decision here. An old friend of mine has this real nice bar/restaurant and he is in need of a bartender that can handle his dinner crowd. It's four nights a week for 40 hours, the pay is decent, tips are great and I would have the added benefit of enjoying one of his famous steak dinners on the nights I work. Plus it is only a couple of minutes from where I live. He is also a member of our tavern association pool league and I would be more than welcome to play for his team which has taken first place several times. Do I trade a starting salary of $31,000 for $21,000+. I won't have to travel 360+ miles a week for the DestiNY project. I'll be saving over $3,000 in gas plus the wear and tear on the car and won't have to deal with rush hour and our highways, especially in the winter. The main difference is I will have to pay for my own medical insurance. This would also give me three other days to work part time elsewhere. :blink:

Tough decision here. An old friend of mine has this real nice bar/restaurant and he is in need of a bartender that can handle his dinner crowd. It's four nights a week for 40 hours, the pay is decent, tips are great and I would have the added benefit of enjoying one of his famous steak dinners on the nights I work. Plus it is only a couple of minutes from where I live. He is also a member of our tavern association pool league and I would be more than welcome to play for his team which has taken first place several times. Do I trade a starting salary of $31,000 for $21,000+. I won't have to travel 360+ miles a week for the DestiNY project. I'll be saving over $3,000 in gas plus the wear and tear on the car and won't have to deal with rush hour and our highways, especially in the winter. The main difference is I will have to pay for my own medical insurance. This would also give me three other days to work part time elsewhere.  :blink:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No suit. I'd take it. What you'd save would probably make up for the salary difference, especially with the tips.

I forgot about the cost of suits, shoes and accessories. Less stress involved with bartending and the dinner clientèle are mostly business owners and their families. Not only would the tips be good but I could get insight to the local job scene.

I forgot about the cost of suits, shoes and accessories. Less stress involved with bartending and the dinner clientèle are mostly business owners and their families. Not only would the tips be good but I could get insight to the local job scene.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Here is a suggestion for a bar if you ever have one again.....

2jh8qg.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

2jh8qg.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That was my old bar. I had to start charging them for sleeping. More than once I've opened up in the morning to find a couple of leftovers passed out in the booths. :thumbsup:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

2jh8qg.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Awesome idea!! let put that in this bar!!

Wow, Terrorist, sounds like you have a big decision to make, but you should at least go to the interview and find out more about that job and the atmosphere (you should have a suit on hand, anyways, never know when you'll need it!).

On one hand, the Destiny project could "further your career", but on the other hand, the Bar job makes sense, too--less grey hairs.

I did the "career thing" for 5 years, could work at any interior design place (sold floor coverings, furniture, window coverings, only needed to learn about wallpaper, which is probably just vertical floor covering!), but I eventually discovered that a "career" is only a means to pay the bills. If I go back to work again, it'll probably be a cashier job at the grocery store or flipping burgers--less stressful. BUT my income is the "second income" and not as crucial.

Hoping that after the interview, you'll know which path to follow.

DD, no Coyote Ugly stuff for me, it would be too scary (imagine your mom dancing on the bar!!! :o ) I'll stick with falling in the pool! :pirate:

OK, we have a GROUNDHOG that decided to dig under our back porch and that our dandelion greens are scrumptious. He was happily munching in the back yard. Never seen one "live and in person" before. Serves me right for letting the dandelions grow. Poured mothballs down its entrance (poured them into a vacuum cleaner tube so they'll go in good, necessity is the mother of invention!) Hopefully he won't like the smell and leave.

I thought we HAD those chairs here. Hmmm, maybe it was the floor. :pirate:

Liz

Edited by blim

Wow, Liz. I was gonna suggest mothballs. If that don't work... my neighbor hooked up a hose to the exhaust on his truck and let it run for and hour or so. Be sure to look for a back door, and plug it up with a few rocks. They always have one. Now when I had a few decide to move into my yard, the old 22cal sent them to the world beyond this one... They're easy pickin's while munching on dandelions. Hummm, maybe the gators would like some "hog"

To get rid of ground hogs, skunks, cats or any other damaging critters pick up some Fox Urine Powder from a nursery or online. Use a pair of pantie hose to create small mesh balls that contain about two tablespoons of the powder. Place them in the location of where they are burrowing and where they are doing the damage. You can make hangers out of metal coat hangers that you push into the ground to keep the packets off the ground so they don't get wet. Make small hoods to place over them to further protect from rain or snow. I've had a lot of experience getting rid of skunks from the crawl space under my apartment. I would toss these in and set live traps at their exit point.

Thanks, all!!!

I found his "home" its under the back porch. Moved into an old skunks home. The area was lined with rocks, but somehow one got moved.

He came out today and I watched him for about 1/2 hour, hoping he'd venture out far enough away from his burrow to cover it with a rock, but he didn't. At least, I was able to confirm that it IS a groundhog, not a porkypine!! He is kinda cute :)

I read about fox urine and live traps while googling the rascal. I'll have to try that route. Don't want to gassy his home as it's under the porch!! He would die and smell!

You trapped skunks, Terrorist??? I know that the traps supposably prevent them from lifting their tail, but you are very, very brave!

Liz

After having the skunks reside under my apartment most of a winter I got use to the smell. When setting a live trap you place a small blanket over it so only the two end show. Once the skunk is in you approach it carefully and drop the rest of the blanket over the whole trap. I would then take the skunks out to my uncle's farm fields, lift the blanket over the exit part of the trap and pop the release then leave. All of the skunks stayed calm.

Well, Terrorist, I rented a livetrap--probably going to have to go to the nearest "bigcity" for fox urine. With the trap, Google said to bait it with apple slices and cantaloupe, which is what I put in there, but on the trap directions, it says fish and bacon??? I thought they were vegetarians. What do you recommend?

Bozodog, still looking for the back door! A real puzzle, since one side of the porch connects to the basement of the house (fieldstone, he cant get through that) and the other two sides are surrounded by cement patio/sidewalk.

It's almost Friday night!!!!!!!! :pirate: :pirate:

Liz

Man I've had so many pests around my house lately.

First we were invaded by migrating millipedes that would just hang out on our house, so I got 5 cans a black flag and took them out.

Then the squirrels started pillaging our flowers and eating our birdseed...so I bought a paintball gun and painted them orange.

Finally, after all of the millipedes died off...it turns out that centipedes live in the same conditions. I was talking to my girlfriend one night on the phone and when I looked up there was a huge centipede right above my head. I was like "JESUS CHRIST!!!" I ran to get the raid and sprayed the hell out of it. The scarey thing is...after I got off the phone to find the body, there was a dead one right next to it crusted to the floor. O_O

Let's just say I haven't slept so well in my bed ever since.

GOT HIM!!!!!! HA!! Seems he loves cantaloupe (stole it, escaped, re-baited and bam! He's sitting in the trap finishing off the cantaloupe). Waiting for Son to come home from his soccergame (he'll never forgive me if I don't let him see it) and then we're going for a ride in the country.....away from the horsefarms and farmland. We're bound to find a nice comfy meadow :)

Hi DOS!! For squirrels, I discovered a real good trick. They don't like thistle seed. :) More finches around here than we can count.

Oooh, Son's home, time for a ride (well, at least Hubby's truck will have a purpose!)

Liz

Edited by blim