Did We Do A Bad Thing?

Hi hitest,

The reason I locked it wasn't really because of it's size.  It was because I was afriad that people were using it to bump there post counts.  I was also afriad it was going to get out of control evently.  This is what I will do I will reopen it in a little bit, but if I think people are just using it to bump there post count then I will drop them right back to 0.

I hope everyone can understand that.  I'm reopening the word thread.

B

Hi B.

I'm very pleasantly surprised that you responded so quickly to my post! Thank you very much, B. That means a lot to me. I've never had a thread that's been so popular. Granted it is a silly thread, but, I find word association to be enjoyable:-)

I completely agree! If I or any one else starts posting to just increase their post count or if the thread gets out of control then I completely support the thread getting locked and our post count re-set to 0.

Thank you again, B. I've never had the pleasure of interacting with a forum Admin who was so open to suggestions. I won't abuse your trust.

hitest

Hey B (nods head in a respectful maner towards B ) would it be possible to turn post counting off to anyone except your self? I mean no one would be able to see your post count except yourself. That way people that like keeping track of thier post count can and it's not public knowledge. So there wouldn't be much need for running up post counts.

In the words of Tyler Durgen from the movie Fight Club. "you are not the car you drive, you are not how much money you have in the bank, you are not your freaking post count!"

I totally agree with my buddy hitest and Thanks B for this great place and being a wonderful admin.

ditto for me.

mac has the right idea, if possible. We will know who we are, we will know who knows what.

If post counts are what make us, then each member should have their on board. Then they will only be able to talk to themselves, fluff their self esteem.

could the word thread be striped down to something like a txt file after x many days/posts? Prob a dumb question but I have no knowledge of the board workings.

M

Hi Everyone,

I don't think there is a way to only see your own post count, but that doesn't really matter. The reason why is because I know who has been answering questions and who deserves to be a Windows Expert or Linux Expert or Mac Expert or even part of the HijackThis team, so if you get a promotion on the board it's not because of your post count it's because of the quality of your work and your help. It has nothing to do with your post count. I just didn't want people saying well look at how many posts I have why aren't I an expert. Now you know why. I hope this helps with all of your questions.

Enjoy the forums

B