Will you listen?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Will you listen?

• Yes
    • No
    • No, I'm deaf you moron!

We know jeff is on it. Matt might be, and Ill be on a few shows when I get a mic. The sad part is, we're all d*mn kids! This podcast will probebly be similar to what a LiveJournal audio blog would sound like!

Im kidding... I hope...

Edited by gvim

Ill definately listen. Ill be in it from time to time, I just have a tight schedule, so it wont be every one. I do have a mic though, yay! I hope this goes very well. geez.. that apiphany I had really turned into something.. lol

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

yeah I'll listen, and if you need another voice let me know, I got a mic too, just give me enough time to boot to windows, not sure if I have everything set up properly for Linux lol.

Still working a few bugs out.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey TheTrueDarkOne,

Well, just so you know. I'm still getting use to doing them. The next one will be more tech than the others and will be discussing stuff on the forums as well. Instead of saying it was bad, maybe you could give me some constructive critisim, so I can do a better job next time. Maybe post in the thread where you can suggest topics and even post a question I might answer on the show. I want to be better at it, so I am looking for ways to better myself all the time. I've had people suggest tons of things that I will work on in future podcasts. B)

B

is their any way to get the podcast without itunes. Is a podcast a rss file?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yep, you can listen, download, or subscribe via rss here.

Not anyomre...well im going to try the 2nd one...if its as bad as the first one.....NO

About it being 'bad' just for the reccord, the first two were pilots of the show. Merely tests to see how the recording software worked, how to upload and get everything functioning correctly. They should get much better and longer (the goal is about 30 mins) in soon time.

Matt

About it being 'bad' just for the reccord, the first two were pilots of the show.  Merely tests to see how the recording software worked, how to upload and get everything functioning correctly.  They should get much better and longer (the goal is about 30 mins) in soon time.

Matt

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Critics, you gotta love em. :(

Ok, here are some comments. Just my opinions, take them or leave them:

Mechanics:

The intro is a little too long, and it should fade out as you begin to speak. As it is, it sounds like you are pressing an off button. The exit music needs to fade in as you do your sign off.

You need to normalize your audio. You and Matt should be at about the same volume. The second podcast was way off.

You need to work from an outline of agreed upon topics, and think about what you want to say before you do the audio. Having said that, dont fully script out what you are going to say. Talking points to keep you on track is what you want, not to read a prepared statement.

Content:

Work up some regular segments so you have reliable content. This will also give you a longer podcast. It's too short.

Always keep content positive. I made this mistake early in my managerial career. If you have one bad apple and you talk about what they are doing wrong you bring down the entire group. My rule is: Positive to the entire group, Negative directly to the problem. The first podcast was a mistake in my opinion.

Skill building suggestions

I have often found it helped me learn a new skill by emulating anothers work. For instance, download a TWIT episode, recreate their talking points, figure out what you would have said if you were there. Then you and Matt record it (but don't release it of course) for your own use. Practice, practice, practice.

Be critical of your work, but not TOO critical. Realize that for every critic you hear from, there are 10 people who liked it but weren't motivated enough to tell you.

You guys are pretty lucid, which is great. It might help your confidence to take a public speaking class or join toastmasters in your area. Be advised, if you go to toastmasters they make you speak the first meeting.

And now, some questions for you:

What software are you using?

Where did you get your intro music?

Regards,

BH

Edited by Brian_Holiday

Thank you for the feedback it is much appreciated it. I will work on those suggestions. B)

As for software, I'm still trying to find the perfect software, but as of now, I am using Audacity to record the show (which is working pretty well) and I used Skype to talk to Matt that time. The music I took from the beginning of a song my friend made.

B

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...