Care Package For Deployed To Iraq Person

Hey all...one of my co-workers is being deployed to Iraq soon and some of us are putting together a care package for him to take along. (We are also going to send him a package at Christmas time.)

What I was wondering is, do any of you have any ideas what we could include in the care package? So far we have thought of: baggies (keep the dust out of stuff), lip balm, phone cards, playing card, puzzle books. Any other ideas???

Thanks for your suggestions!

Send the thing's you use everyday tooth paste, soap that kind of stuff,send some candy(it will be a big hit..no chocolate.. it will melt).

Send a quick note and let the person know that your(all of you )thoughts are with them(all of them).

send magazines, writing paper(a pen/pencil)bug spray,what ever you would use day to day.

Onething all of us need to know and remember, the US millitary as good as it is does NOT provide everything someone needs day to day.

A care package is a great way to tell them you CARE.

if he/she is National Guard..you might check if they get good body armour..if not perhaps enough of you can pitch in to help buy it..

wayne

Funny(not really) I saw a story awhile back and it said that there was NOT enough body armor for the front line troops.

I was suprised that the incharge people would seen troops up front WITH OUT it.

Second chance body armor is a good choice.Second chance body armor.

if he/she is National Guard..you might check if they get good body armour..if not perhaps enough of you can pitch in to help buy it..

wayne

Funny(not really) I saw a story awhile back and it said that there was NOT enough body armor for the front line troops.

I was suprised that the incharge people would seen troops up front WITH OUT it.

Second chance body armor is a good choice.Second chance body armor.

no humor here..the lack of proper equipment our troops receive..especially with front line army and marine soldiers is the dirty "little" secret that's being glossed over..the list is long and includes not only body armour..but night vision equipment..humvee armour..and even weapons..sigh..

wayne :(

"War may sometimes be a necessary evil. But no matter how necessary, it is always an evil, never a good. We will not learn how to live together in peace by killing each other's children."

Jimmy Carter (1924 - )

U.S. president, December 2, 2002.

Nobel Peace Prize lecture

© 1993-2003 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

LIST OF ITEMS NEEDED FOR SOLDIERS IN IRAQ

Gatorade in pouch with sugar

Tea with sugar

Toothpaste

Mouthwash

Shaving Cream/After Shave

Hand Lotion

Toothbrushes

Baby Wipes or Wet Wipes

Creamer

Toilet Paper and Kleenex

Chewing Gum

Beef Jerky

Peanut Butter Crackers, Oreos, Pringles Potato Chips, Doritos, etc.

Q-tips

Lens Cleaners

Deodorants

Soap

Shampoo

Black Cotton Socks

Dried Fruits

Trail Mix

Peanuts

Hard Candy

Salami and/or Pepperoni Sticks

Kook-aid with sugar

Cookies (Homemade)

Individual Pop-type Cans of Fruit

Chap Stick or other lip balm

Hand Sanitizer

New or Used Books, Magazines, DVD's, CD's, workable CD Players, etc.

Batteries

Word Puzzles, Cards, Travel Games, Novels, Inspirational Books for Men and Women

Individual Packages of Cereal

ITEMS REQUESTED BY FEMALE SOLDIERS:

Feminine Hygiene Products (Maxi Pads, Tampons, Panty Liners, etc.)

Fabreeze

Lotions (that won't draw bugs)

Pretty Stationary Sets

Sports Bras - size 34B-36B

Cotton Panties - size 5, 6, 7

Source

Thanks for all your suggestions and the links! And I do mean that sincerely.

Sounds like LeRoy will be leaving in a couple of weeks. Kinda tough on our team at work to have to see him go. We are located in a smallish city, sw MN, and you know how small towns are, everyone has known everyone forever; that's the tough part, when it's on a personal level like that. Be a lot different if it was a project we had decided to do to support our troops over there without having a specific person in mind.