i want to change my avatar, but basically it wont let me.

ok, i rermove the avatar i have now, and then i browse for a picture on my comp, put it up, and click

add avatar or something, i cant remember what exactly it says. ^_^

well, whan i push it, it does the "tranfering you to another page" thing, and when i get back, it is the same avatar as i have now! <_<

so basically, how do i get it to work?

ty

-j0e

well, there is a thing where you can upload pics from a folder on you computer, and that is what i have been using.

my dad just okayed me to make an account on photobucket, so ill try that.

ty

-j0e

Edited by jamaicaman
i want to change my avatar, but basically it wont let me.

ok, i rermove the avatar i have now, and then i browse for a picture on my comp, put it up, and click

add avatar or something, i cant remember what exactly it says. ^_^

well, whan i push it, it does the "tranfering you to another page" thing, and when i get back, it is the same avatar as i have now! <_<

so basically, how do i get it to work?

ty

-j0e

Edited by bar5
  • 2 weeks later...

WHO? :D

PS I'm jamaicaman's dad and this is a running joke between us! :rolleyes:

PSS Thanks for taking care of him on here for me. He lives with his mom and it's good to know he has a safe, friendly place to ask his tech Q's when he can't ask me. :thumbsup:

You're Joe's Dad? :o Wow, that's neat! Joe is a great guy and you should be proud of him, he is a real sweetie. I sent him a PM on using photobucket (thanks to Handplane who sent it to me!) and he sent me a thank-you. A lot of kids don't bother with such manners anymore, and kudos to him, and you for instilling such good manners!

Liz

With Firefox, Opera or other similar browsers you need to clear your browser cache to see your new avater right away. What happens is your old avatar is stored in the cache and until the browser is refreshed mutiple times it still appears. This happens with PMs at that other board.

With Firefox, Opera or other similar browsers you need to clear your browser cache to see your new avater right away. What happens is your old avatar is stored in the cache and until the browser is refreshed mutiple times it still appears. This happens with PMs at that other board.

Terrorist,

Thanks for the info. When I saw Joe's post, I tried changing my avatar too, to see if I could figure out the problem. I had the same problem as Joe; I was using Mozila and the avatar did not change when uploading from my computer. I made the change through photobucket and then showed Joe how to do it from there. With your info, we shouldn't need to use photobucket the next time he, or I, want a change. I'll just have to show him how to clear the cache :) !

Take care,

Dave

I had a problem with my favorite online comic. Due to some issues they had to wait a week to put out their next comic. When it came out the picture was still of the one saying they were having issues but the notes at the bottom of the page changed. I cleared the cache and voila, it was showing th newest comic. By the way the comic is called Concerned and it's a HL2 comic. Concerned

I'm a nerd. Yes I am.

Edited by Honda_Boy

You don't have to use photobucket for posting avatars but it is necessary for sigs.

I PM this to Joe the other day and it works for me:

For avatars

1-make sure you have the image save to MY PICTURES

2-go to MY CONTROLS

3-then EDIT AVATAR SETTINGS

4-scroll down to UPLOAD A NEW IMAGE FROM YOUR

COMPUTER

5-select BROWSE

6-choose the image in MY PICTURES, by left clicking it

7-click on OPEN

8-file will be seen in SMALL WINDOW

9-then click UPDATE AVATAR