Tss Flushed

Hey all, I just wanted to post notifying you that The Screen Savers; formerly of TechTV, formerly of ZDTV, has been scheduled for `major revamping.' This basically means the last ZDTV-days characters have been fired (Yoshi and some producers), most of the current staff is being shuffled around, and the show is being given an even newer focus. As to what that is can only be speculated at, but I don't think it's totally unreasonable to guess it will be gamer-lifestyle oriented.

http://www.kevinrose.com/index.php/weblog/comments/131/

Just wanted to let those of you who are old ZDTV faithful know that TSS seems to be on its deathbed. Well, it was bound to happen after the show went downhill (down the pit?)

-uberpenguin

yep the show is going to be revamped and as of right now its only kevin and sarah left....alex is gone, so is foo, yoshi, and others ....

i have a feeling we will have many new members soon because there is a LOT of discontent on the boards over there and many posters are looking for a new board to migrate to

There is a long thread over at Leoville, in the only area where G4 can even be discussed, about both TSS and Marty's show. I never liked the latter. But had hoped that TSS would be kept to preserve some tech in G4, though I figured G4 was only buying the real estate for their junk, so didn't expect them to keep much of anything from TTV. Though I did think Marty's show "fit" their immature audience target. So that was a surprise. I feel bad for all those who moved to LA thinking they were safe with job. Anyhow here is a link to that thread, which supposedly has some info that was cut from some of the original websites.

the latest on G4

I wonder how long the Canadian Call For Help will last even though G4 only owns a third of that network???? I was hoping it would return to the US to some network other than G4.

As for TSS, I stopped watching them a long long time ago. But it is sad how far they have fallen.

BY THE WAY, I read over on that thread that any negative mention of G4 on G4 boards will subject you to being warned, if not banned all together. So be careful folks. I also wonder if they will continue to have any tech support boards? I imagine TSS board will be taken down if show is changed or cancelled.

Sure glad we have these boards. Thanks B for having us.

God bless everyone.

Well, this is a no brainer. I seen this happening even before the merger took place. But I was fair and gave the show a month when it started 9/7 I knew from the start they were going to sink if they kept up the way they were. And I have to say the show only got worse.

I have even left the G4 boards about 2 weeks ago. I don't have time for little school yard nonsense. Everyday, it's a thread about how someone hates Alex or Kevin etc, etc.

Sure I have some not so nice opinions about the show. But I would not go on any message board and act like that. As I always say, if you do not have anything nice or good to say. Just keep your fingers away from the keyboard.

One thing that comes to mind that has always bothered me was the fact that Kevin & Sarah should knock off the high school sweetheart stuff. Sure it's normal to be in love. But on TV ? and a tech show to boot at that. I have been married for almost 18 years. I remember what it's like to have a new love. But on camera all the time gets stale. Once and awhile is fine. No this is not what killed the show either, but sure has not helped.

I never understood why they took off tech news of the day. I never missed that as to me it was about the most important part of the show. Download of the day was ok. It just seemed to me as they turned the show into a circus. I myself have learned a great deal from Patric Norton, Leo, Kevin use too be good before the merger. But I doubt Kevin, Sarah & Alex had anything to do with with what was said on TV meaning it comes down to the producers who call most if not all the shots.

I say if the show should go south for good. Kevin & Sarah have a blog and will let everyone know what the real deal is. I would further state this. Kevin, Sarah etc are under contract with G4 or rather Comcast. Have to be extremely careful about what they say and how they say it. Unless there contracts are void at this point. They can't say much if anything that could get them into trouble.

TV is big business, always has been and always will be. Your hear today and replaced tomorrow. Radio is no different and I could go into a whole nother bunch of wax on that issue. I found myself locked out of a radio station years ago when it got sold. No warning, no nothing period. They changed my pin number at the door and some new donkey was doing my air shift.

But in closing, I feel bad TSS is over. But it was over long before the merger took place. G4 is a gaming station for kids. Simple. Maybe someday another network will air such a show that we all come to love so much.

You could see the signs things weren't done changing. I to, am surprised it took so long before they started moving the last of the tech stuff out to please the younger crowd.

Hey all, I just wanted to post notifying you that The Screen Savers; formerly of TechTV, formerly of ZDTV, has been scheduled for `major revamping.' This basically means the last ZDTV-days characters have been fired (Yoshi and some producers), most of the current staff is being shuffled around, and the show is being given an even newer focus. As to what that is can only be speculated at, but I don't think it's totally unreasonable to guess it will be gamer-lifestyle oriented.

http://www.kevinrose.com/index.php/weblog/comments/131/

Just wanted to let those of you who are old ZDTV faithful know that TSS seems to be on its deathbed. Well, it was bound to happen after the show went downhill (down the pit?)

-uberpenguin

Thanks for the update, uberpenguin!

They also fired Yoshi? Are they completely brain dead?

The TSS that I knew and loved is history. I don't watch it at all.

i really do not like this new development, even though tss was going downhill i still tuned in from time to time to see what was going on in the tech world. I could see it coming though....

im just glad i have cfh to fall back on for now, dont know what i would do without that...

Haven't watched since Patrick left

they just went downhill. In fact don't watch the channel at all any more

JD

ya i know what you mean, g4 is out of my living room as of now....waste of money to keep paying for programming that i dont watch...

i just hope someone starts a new tech network (takes me back to the old ZDTV days)

stop grizzling us south of the equater lost all the shows once the take over took affect.so to us you are all talking gibberish.i was reading at g4 this morning and sethooks has a big article about the sacking .in a news letter from kevin.

i read it but didnt care a hoot.tss to me was an elite program

that is why i stuck to c.f.h

tho many from tss would come across to cfh to get there answers

marty

ya kevin, sarah, and alex all have responses to this whole thing in their blogs and they all seemed pretty shook up in their last webcam pics...apparently they were gathered together today at 11 and told to be out of the studio by 3 (except for kevin and sarah)

Only thing I can say, that the song "So Cold" by Breaking Benjamin kind of explains how I feel.

After all I've seen on both sides of G4, I don't expect to see ttv elements around anymore.

Btw, anyone heard from Casey Quinn? I've been trying to get a hold of him but haven't seen him since the switch :(

I'll see everyone around, take care. - G

P.S. I am no longer a moderator in any shape or form for G4Techtv anymore. I am just your average computer geek joe.

Only current projects I am helping out with now:

My own site : http://www.gradyjoslin.com

Star Trek: Hidden Frontier : http://www.hiddenfrontier.org

Only thing I can say, that the song "So Cold" by Breaking Benjamin kind of explains how I feel.

After all I've seen on both sides of G4, I don't expect to see ttv elements around anymore.

Btw, anyone heard from Casey Quinn? I've been trying to get a hold of him but haven't seen him since the switch :(

I'll see everyone around, take care. - G

P.S. I am no longer a moderator in any shape or form for G4Techtv anymore. I am just your average computer geek joe.

Only current projects I am helping out with now:

My own site : http://www.gradyjoslin.com

Star Trek: Hidden Frontier : http://www.hiddenfrontier.org

Welcome to Besttechie.net! Glad you signed up :D

This place has a unique, friendly, coffee house atmosphere. I think you'll like it here.

Ty hitest! I wonder what happened to you all :) I decided to go back to Leoville and I talked to thesidekickcat, and she told me about here. So I came!:)

Btw, since after my mia. I've been into graphic design more and computers. I am hoping to have a gallery of my work soon! I just need to get some time to work on it :(. But I'll get there!

Ooo I love coffehouses!:) - G

Ty hitest! I wonder what happened to you all :) I decided to go back to Leoville and I talked to thesidekickcat, and she told me about here. So I came!:)

Btw, since after my mia. I've been into graphic design more and computers. I am hoping to have a gallery of my work soon! I just need to get some time to work on it :(. But I'll get there!

Ooo I love coffehouses!:) - G

I post sporadically at other forums especially one that will remain unamed *cough G4 cough*.

This place is my main digital hangout. I've got some good buddies at Leoville as well.

This place grows on you. There are a lot of people here from the good old days. Another thing that I notice is that posters here are trying very hard to preserve what is good about this place. It is very rare to see blatant hostility here.

Come on in and sit, have some java :D

Welcome to all newcomers. I think you will like this peaceful place.

By the way speaking of TTV people, has anyone heard where Carole from the old boards went? I can't remember her official title. We could always take our board ideas and bug problems to her. She was so nice to all of us. I was hoping to see her find a home board to post on with us.

God bless everyone.

thesidekickcat

As you know the mod's over at TSS where payed with the exception of the "volmod's"(remember that word??)

Anyway Carolem did not want to make the move to L.A. so she quit/retired,I recall she had a website/blog but I did not save the URL(sorry).

I hope this helps you.

tenmm