The Smells Outside.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

heh, pre-summer smells in my area are exquisite...a dumpster out behind my apartment building, a squashed skunk down the road flattened nicely by multiple cars and trucks, male cat pee since all of em' seem to wanna get their freak on this time of year.....ahhhh, the wonderful olfactory emanations. :lol:

So I mowed my lawn today,It was great.

The smell of fresh cut grass withe the smell of lilacs,never mind the Ice cold brew in my hand.

Yes the smells out side can do wonders. :thumbsup:

Agreed my friend!

I love that as well, it is great and wonderful!

Take Care my friend!

Tyme

Wish I could say that........Been getting snowed on over and over :angry:

But not much more of a wait I hope :)

Welcome back Tenmm.....Great to see ya here again :thumbsup:

It's still snowing, Jsky? *hugs*

Liz

Well.....Into the mid 50s during the day. With rain, hail, sleet mix. And tho it's about 60% melted, still drops a few flakes at night.

I love this part of the country :P

Nothing like the smell of a fresh mowed lawn and the good feeling of unused muscles getting a decent workout from pushing that lawn mower. It evens feels good to have the sun beating down on you replenishing that wonderful natural Vitamin D.

Good seeing you back tenmm. Stick around and help liven up these boards.

It rained here about two hours after I got done mowing yesterday,so the fresh rain along with the other smells was a good end to the day.

JSKY sorry to hear about the snow :blink: it snowed late in to the year here.

More than enough water for now as long as the ACE keeps to them selfs.

As for the BBQ weather has been a bit windy (hard to keep the grill going) so I will wait about a week and try again.

tictoc5150 skunks are all over the place right now here so far nothing closer than a 1/4 mile.

I understand about the well flattened,once I get to the highway it get ripe :(

Three times, already, Tenmm?? Wow. We haven't mowed yet up here. Will probably mow this week sometime, though, needed or not. I want some grass clippings for the compost pile :)

Liz

I'd be on my third mowing too, if I hadn't put it off when I should have done it. "Oh, it could stand a mowing, I think I'll wait 'til the weekend." Bam -- Rain for a week. It'll sure be tall when I finally get the chance.

I don't hesitate to use chemical weed-killers, though I have to admit they're not as effective as diggin' them up.

As long as we're on the subject of lawn maintenance, I think I've mentioned this before but I feel so strongly about it, it bears repeating: I HATE MY HONDA LAWNMOWER. :angry:

I'd be on my third mowing too, if I hadn't put it off when I should have done it. "Oh, it could stand a mowing, I think I'll wait 'til the weekend." Bam -- Rain for a week. It'll sure be tall when I finally get the chance.

I don't hesitate to use chemical weed-killers, though I have to admit they're not as effective as diggin' them up.

As long as we're on the subject of lawn maintenance, I think I've mentioned this before but I feel so strongly about it, it bears repeating:

I HATE MY HONDA LAWNMOWER
. :angry:

hum..

I have been looking at new mowers as the one I have need's some parts replaced,the problem is the company that made it went out of bussness two years ago :angry2:

What is it you "hate" about your honda,the motor??

... What is it you "hate" about your honda,the motor??

Number one on my "I hate it" list: You cannot adjust it high enough. I finally read some information regarding this (I've had the mower for around four years and never saw this problem mentioned before). Honda replied to someone, somewhere (I forget where, possibly Consumer Reports) that this is due to the "small wheel size" they use. I've never actually measured the grass height so I can't be specific, but I've been mowing my lawn for over twenty years and I know what I like, and even at its highest setting it's just not tall enough. And to make matters worse, to properly use the "mulching" feature you're supposed to set the rear wheels one setting lower than the front. So I'm forced to either mow it even LOWER than the already too low setting, or forgo the optimum setting for mulching. I have to do the latter, if I set the rear wheels lower than the topmost setting I actually risk scalping some portions of the lawn. It's THAT low.

Number two on the list: The speeds. It's only three speeds for one thing (my previous two mowers were infinitely adjustable). First is so low it's only useful for careful trimming near walls, lawn ornaments, anything that can be damaged if you're not careful. It's too slow to be used for anything else. Second is a little faster than I'd like for general mowing. I feel like I'm zipping along just a ... little . . . too . . . fast .... Third is only useful if you ever feel like taking your lawn mower out for a nice jog. The second speed-related problem is the detents are vague. If you try to shift while mowing sometimes you miss the exact spot (just a fraction in either direction and you miss it) and the mower may suddenly STOP (and you wind up bumping into it) or it suddently takes off on you. So I have to stop every time I want to change speeds, move the lever, wiggle it to be sure it's where it should be, then resume mowing.

Number three: The plastic deck. Oh, it's nice that it stays cleaner and can't rust or corrode. But it's so flexible (and remember that the general mowing speed is too fast) the mower winds up bouncing around, causing the mower to wander instead of staying on a straight path. You have to concentrate and use extra force to keep the mower on a straight path.

Number four: The engine. Oh, it's quiet (relatively speaking) and it'll probably last forever (forcing me to keep the damn thing forever). But unlike my previous two mowers, it doesn't start up first time, every time.

Number five (admittantly minor): The bails (handles/levers for the clutch and dead-man switch) rattle. To keep them from rattling annoyingly and constantly you'd have to hold them in a death-grip.

My first mower was a Murray, not a particularly expensive brand, and it mowed high enough, had infinite speeds, tracked true, and started first time, every time. It became too repair prone (or I got too lazy to fix it) after about fifteen, sixteen years. My second was a Craftsman and while it too did everything right, better in fact than the Murray, it broke down (transmission) the first three times I used it, on the fourth try it broke down yet again and I returned it. In my anger (and stupidity) I bought the Honda figuring at least it'd be reliable. Yup, it's reliable, so I'm stuck with a poorly designed mower for all eternity! :angry2:

Holy smoke.... :o

JDoors

Sorry about the raw nerve I hit (cross's honda off list) never would have thought those would have so many defects. :o

Hello Blim

Ya third time could have been more but like JD posted,I would plan on getting it done only too have it rain.

( got to get a goat)

I do not mind mowing the lawn this was the third time so far (once a week) just wish the weeds would slow down :angry:

Getting harder to bend over. ^_^

We had hail yesterday, it is still cool up here. I probably won't mow the lawn for some time yet. It must be warm in your neck of the woods, tenmm. :D