Dvorak Keyboard

I like the "idea" of it, especially considering the historic reasons we use the QWERTY layout, but since they're rare I never tried one. I'd need a typing tuter-type program though to learn it, and I've not been that keen on learning entirely new concepts of late (HTML are Networking are two recent examples, I gave up rather sooner than I would have in the past).

------

How could I have forgotten the "W" in QWERTY? I mean, it's right there!

Edited by JDoors

The layout seems logical, with all the most used keys put together. I don't see myself ever becoming used to it, as I just learn to "properly" type on a QWERTY. (used to just do however I wanted). The dvorak certainly looks challanging if youve never used one before

I have seen a dvorak lay out before,as I hunt and peck I doubt I will change from the qwerty lay out.

Onething I just saw is the dvorak comes in left and right hand lay outs. :o

Gads I wish I had taken that typing course my work offered...... :poster_oops:

I have seen a dvorak lay out before,as I hunt and peck I doubt I will change from the qwerty lay out.

I took typing in high school many moons ago. A PC keyboard is just not the same. I make much less mistakes with two fingers, but not that much less. After time I have gotten used to two finger typing and can proceed quite fast.

I took typing in high school many moons ago. A PC keyboard is just not the same. I make much less mistakes with two fingers, but not that much less. After time I have gotten used to two finger typing and can proceed quite fast.

Huummmm??

The only thing I produce is errors. :blush: (one reason I stay out of chat :wacko: )