I was looking at download accelerators, particularly Download Accelerator Plus. I downloaded, and installed it, and it works really well. 300% increase in download.

Anyone have any comments about DL accelerators, reccomend any?

I have always used Get Right.

It would segment larger files and download multiple files, too.

It worked really nice when I had dial-up but now that I have

cable, speed isn't really an issue.

The thing I still use it for is that if the download is interrupted,

Get Right will pick up the download where it was stopped.

jr

I was looking at download accelerators, particularly Download Accelerator Plus. I downloaded, and installed it, and it works really well. 300% increase in download.

Anyone have any comments about DL accelerators, reccomend any?

I've never used it but recall reading that it's loaded with spyware.

I don't know how true that is or if they've stopped putting spyware in, it's been a long time since I've read that but a simple google search for "DAP, spyware" brought up quite a few forum threads complaining about it.

Might want to fire up Ad-aware & spybot to see if you're clean

Well they claim they are 100% spyware free, the big thing is there are some big ads. And most of the reviews i read complained about version 7 and below, i tried version 8. Seemed pretty decent.

I also say people reccomend Get Right in the bad reviews for DA Plus. Maybe i will check that out.

Ever since DAP 7 I've stopped using it. It had too many ads in the window, although they could be blocked from your software firewall. I too would recommmend MetaProduct's Download Express. It's small, free and has no ads.

I've found that the download manager in Firefox works pretty well, but then again I can't complain about speeds on cable internet.

From all the experience I've had with Download Managers/Accelerators, I've completely stopped using them. Most of them contain malware (DAP included), they screw with how your browser functions, and they bloat the system. However, the "best" on I've used was Star Downloader. Note, I used it many many versions ago, so it may have changed in quality, or even incoorporated malware into the install.

Firefox download manager is the only one I use, god baddies off a different one a couple of years ago and have only used firefox since. No problems, of course cable connection helps