Don't Know How To Put This....

Ok well im not doing that, just ya... i never stop thinking about her, and its like, ok well lets make this short and sweet, we dated, then shes like, lets be friends.... so ya....

I hate when that happens, that's like your dog dying and your mom telling you can still keep it if you want to. :lol: sorry, I couldn't help that. I know the feeling before I met mandy I had that problem too. But trust me there are a lot of girls out there and you'll find someone. Before I met mandy I thought I never would find anyone, but I did and she's amazing. I won't get all gushy on you guys though. :P

Just keep looking you'll find someone special. Oh and, if you need some tips, well feel free to ask me, though many people at least the people who hang out in chat will tell you not to, but what do they know? :lol:

B

Fubz, I know where you're at. Get out there, meet other girls, learn, live, experience, go crazy (women will do that to you!) You never know what will happen. I "brushed off" a guy and 10 years later I married him. BUT the dating I did inbetween was so valuable, I learned so much, I grew so much as a person and even had fun! Get out there, hon, you have a lot to offer! You might just end up meeting the love of your life and it will be someone else and you'll thank God she did "brush you off". Life is sometimes a roll of a dice.

Liz

Fubz, I know where you're at. Get out there, meet other girls, learn, live, experience, go crazy (women will do that to you!) You never know what will happen. I "brushed off" a guy and 10 years later I married him. BUT the dating I did inbetween was so valuable, I learned so much, I grew so much as a person and even had fun! Get out there, hon, you have a lot to offer! You might just end up meeting the love of your life and it will be someone else and you'll thank God she did "brush you off". Life is sometimes a roll of a dice.

Liz

You're right... and i've been trying to do that for the past month now >_<

I'm going to sound like a real old person now (which I suppose I am, but I'm not as old as Antonio and Marty :D )....but a month is merely a blink of an eye--think about it, 1/12 of a year.....a teeny tiny fraction of your life. Right now it seems like an eternity, I know, but give it more time! One month is not enough time to get over pain, and it shows that you are a great guy! It's the shallow guys that get over things quickly. And it's the shallow guys that turn females off. BUT the one month mark means good things are right around the corner! Give yourself another month and I bet you'll feel a LOT better!

In the meantime, keep getting yourself "out there". The perfect girl might have a crush on you right now! She may not be drop dead gorgeous, but she might make you laugh everyday, or she may have such deep compassion that she makes you feel like the most important person in the world, or she may be so smart that she'll challenge you...all qualities that are much more important than outward beauty. You won't know until you look :thumbsup:

liz

with early relationships don't get too attached. If you ever get a girlfriend, after dating her for a year or 2 then maybe. I was prepared for the inevitable with my last girlfriend. I knew It wasn't gonna last but I think she is startin to regret breakin up with me. She did the "lets be friends" crap too but we kinda had to when we work at the same place.

Ahh, social skills...piece of cake for some, a big challenge for others. It takes guts, not being afraid to smile, open you mouth and say something that might be percieved as stupid. Once you cross that barrier and survive, you're on the road! It isn't even painful.

I used to be really shy until I got a job as a grocery cashier where I HAD to conquer that feeling of being afraid to say anything. That kind of job is a great place to practice social skills--a job at a store, restaurant, gas station, receptionist, hotel front desk--all involve talking to the public.

In the meantime, get involved in class discussions--raise that hand, ask questions, don't be afraid to say "I have no idea what you're talking about" to the teacher (which always made my Algebra class either groan or erupt with laughter...). You'll find out that you have a lot more to offer the world than you thought!

Once you get past the fear of maybe embarrasing yourself (which only YOU feel, others won't notice!), it gets easier and easier and easier! Someday, folks will say, "Fubz, you never had a shy day in your life, whaddya talking about?"

liz