Ubuntu Linux

Hey,

I was loading a live copy of the 64 bit edition and something with the "x-server is not working". I comes up with an error says it not working. Then it says "X server now disabled, restart GDM when it is configured correctly" whats no configured right? or what can i do?

-Frank

what video card, how much ram, what processor?

also first try a x86 cd.. .then we can see what is up the the 64bit... it may be their is no 64 bit driver for your video card,

what video card, how much ram, what processor?

also first try a x86 cd.. .then we can see what is up the the 64bit... it may be their is no 64 bit driver for your video card,

same thing happens with the x86 cd. i have an PCI express x16 ATI radeon x700 video card, 2gbs ram, and an amd athlon 64 3000+ processor

ATI cards are a little problematic with alot of distros, running at their best with the proper driver still doesn't compete with an nvidia and their driver.

google shows tons of hits for the x700 and ubuntu but this is relatively easy to overcome in an installed version...the only thing I found for dealing with the live cd is trying to boot at a lower resolution by changing the boot parameters...As I'm not familiar with Ubuntu live, I'm not exactly sure how to get past usplash to change the perameters (maybe someone else knows?)

but anyway, some have had luck with using:

xdrvr=fbdev

hope it helps :)