I hate HP specifically because they load their computers with crap

Who doesn't?

Well, HP is much worse than Gateway, Dell, and even their sister company Compaq

Computer I worked on yesterday came factory direct with half the desktop filled with random HP icons (resolution was at 1024x768!)

Of course I do have a problem with about every computer company:

Dell - Download site for drivers is often down

Compaq - Takes forever to reactivate XP after a reload - issue with Microsoft

HP - Preloaded crap and badly designed cases

Gateway - Really don't have a problem with them

EMachines - Practically no driver support

Of course reactiviation and driver support aren't much of a problem unless you reload these computers about every day (which unfortunetly I do at work)

if you buy commercial you should expect to get junk. I just know I will have to clean it out and do it. My Compaq Laptop I just did a clean install after I registered. Install all my drivers and avoided all the junk. Good thing Compaq gives you a actual copy of XP (on disc not a hidden partition).

And this is why you build your own computer....

AMEN

the only manufactured PC I'd get would be an Alienware, VooDoo, Falcon Northwest, or ABS and that would be just for a laptop. Otherwise I build my own. If I were to buy a new one made by someone else it'd have to be from the local shop called The CCC. My Sidewinder though is loaded with mountains of crap though that slows it down. printer and scanner crap (HP). AV and Firewall (Norton and AVG), Motherboard Utilities, (Gigabyte) and loads of other crap. I almost can't wait for my Norton Internet Security subscription to run out. With Firefox and free firewalls I don't really need it anymore and haven't needed for a while. I had a virus a while back (actually 2 at once) and Norton crapped out first thing and an un-updated AVG FREE had to clean everything up.

I hate HP specifically because they load their computers with crap

Who doesn't?

Well, HP is much worse than Gateway, Dell, and even their sister company Compaq

Computer I worked on yesterday came factory direct with half the desktop filled with random HP icons (resolution was at 1024x768!)

Of course I do have a problem with about every computer company:

Dell - Download site for drivers is often down

Compaq - Takes forever to reactivate XP after a reload - issue with Microsoft

HP - Preloaded crap and badly designed cases

Gateway - Really don't have a problem with them

EMachines - Practically no driver support

Of course reactiviation and driver support aren't much of a problem unless you reload these computers about every day (which unfortunetly I do at work)

Looks like it is time for you to switch to a MAC. Bet that you won't be any better off...

I prebuilt mine - it is truely the only way to avoid crap

It's almost impossible to tell people when they come in to work wanting to get a computer that their best option is custom built. Of course if you do want a low end brand new system Dell's $300 deals for a fair system with a flat panel are best, but after you exceed a certain price area the best $ deal is custom.

They always think you're trying to scam them into buying a custom :wacko: