Xp Activation...does It Happen To Anyone Too?

I was typing an email quickly. I guessed I hit several keys at once. The computer shut itself off. No big deal, I turned it back on. Then, it said hardwares have changed significantly and had 3 days left to activate. I haven't changed anything since the day I put it together. I thought MS disables activation through the internet. But I tried it anyway and it went through. It was strange. Anyone encounters this as well?

I have had a couple of installs where the activation nag popped up on a bootup more than once, and the copy had previously been activated.

Nothing about the hardware changes being the reason tho, just that the activation check must have been corrupted somehow, and it asked to activate the copy. This happened a few times to me on at least 2 installs, but I never found out why it was doing that.

All I can think of here, is that your hardware hash in the activation file must have been corrupted somehow on the shutdown, and the verification check on bootup caught it.

I have had a couple of installs where the activation nag popped up on a bootup more than once, and the copy had previously been activated.

Nothing about the hardware changes being the reason tho, just that the activation check must have been corrupted somehow, and it asked to activate the copy. This happened a few times to me on at least 2 installs, but I never found out why it was doing that.

All I can think of here, is that your hardware hash in the activation file must have been corrupted somehow on the shutdown, and the verification check on bootup caught it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks. Now I feel better and not trying to find out why this happened.