Windows System File Repair.

Whats the command to repair windows system files. I think it started with a "S" like scan'something' it would get the files needed off of the windows disk in folder I38 or something like that. I dont think it was chkdsk..... i would google it but ya... you cant google stuff u dont know the name of.

because my brothers computer freezes at mup.sys so i went into windows XP so i could use repair to do te command, but it doesnt let me. So now im like the thousands of others when you search about mup.sys on google, there is no solution, nohthing helps, so im left with a reformat. so stupid... windows sucks, too he plays games or i would stick him with linux.

because my brothers computer freezes at mup.sys so i went into windows XP so i could use repair to do te command, but it doesnt let me. So now im like the thousands of others when you search about mup.sys on google, there is no solution, nohthing helps, so im left with a reformat.  so stupid... windows sucks, too he plays games or i would stick him with linux.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

have you tried booting into safe mode to run the sfc /scan nowcommand?

After reading up on this problem, it doesn't seem like it's actually the file mup.sys thats the root cause of the problem, it seems that its just where the thing decides to hang up most times.

The various fixes that have worked range from A to Z it seems, but Here is the article that has the most info and trials for you to try.