Way Around Password Protected Account?

Hello all,

My oldest brother recently password protected his admin account so of cousre when windows starts it asks for the password. I told him there was a way around it of course by going into safe mode. lol he somehow was able to password protect his safe mode account? so now when you want to get into safe mode it asks for a password! ok im dead set that theres still a way around this? hahhaha is there?

Try this: (im not sure if it will work unless you already have admin access, but its worth a try)

At a command prompt, type "control userpasswords2" (without the quotes) and press Enter to open the Windows 2000-style User Accounts application. From there, see if resetting the password to the admin account helps.

If that doesn't work, other things to consider:

http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/win_xp_passwords.htm

There are also, obviously, some less legit ways to do this. But, by abiding by the rules of this forum, I will not list or mention any such methods. :matrix:

Good luck

Matt

Otherwise there is another way involving the motherboard and a jumper....

Off the top of my head I cant remember, but I'll look into it if you need so.

:)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's a bios password issue, not Windows.

Hello all,

My oldest brother recently password protected his admin account so of cousre when windows starts it asks for the password. I told him there was a way around it of course by going into safe mode. lol he somehow was able to password protect his safe mode account? so now when you want to get into safe mode it asks for a password! ok im dead set that theres still a way around this? hahhaha is there?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

When you set an Admin password for regular windows, it also sets an Admin password for safe mode as well.

One way to remove this is with a Repair install of the OS, and next time, remind your brother to make a Password Reset floppy when making passwords.

How to create and use a password reset disk for a computer that is not a domain member in Windows XP

Hello all,

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ummm ... why not just type the password? ;) or is the memory that bad?? hahahaha