Fat Ain't So Bad

You back there, Macmarauder? Good. Bang! Got her! Believe it or not, I can shoot a tin can off a fence with a "22" (whatever kind of gun that is....) :) Just need someone standing behind me....

Liz

Oh....My.....God....!!

Liz, the sad thing is that you're probably 100% correct with that assesment, thats a very powerful psychological problem she faces.

I remember when my daughter was 13, she and her friends were absolutely FANATICAL about fat!!

The thing was tho, that none of them were anywhere near being fat but they would pinch their skin and think it was fat and they were so ugly because of it.

No matter how hard I explained that it was just the thickness of their skin and not fat at all, they just wouldn't let it go. They finally grew out of it, but obviously...some don't, or they grow back into it later on in life.

Blame all those damn fashion and teen magazine rags for this, they show nothing but "thin is in" crap and put this unrealistic ideal into their impressionable minds.

LOL, Macmarauder, the only reason I discovered that I could shoot a "real" gun was because I kept pestering my Dad when he was practicing/playing! Glad to hear a potato gun isn't as powerful (but glad you have my back, literally)! I'm still deadly with a squirt gun, though :)

Chappy, you're right, the media is doing no favors for our girls. The movie stars and fashion models are waaaay too thin. When a "plus sized model" is a size10, there is something screwed up (typical teenaged girls are size 12-16, Marilyn Monroe was a size 14) ....We need to get our daughters to understand that the most important part of a human being is what is inside their hearts and heads!! (although the inside of a teenaged girl's head is a scary place, isn't it? ;) Thank God it's temporary!)

Liz

Well, there's fat, healthy, and scarecrow. It is sad to see so many women obsessed with the pencil thin weight. But then again the obesity in America is out of hand. I feel bad for the chunky kids that will struggle to keep down to a healthy weight in later life. I see too many families, mom, dad, 2-3 kids... all far overweight.

I had 60 pounds sneak up on me, starting with 30 I gained the summer I had a broken shoulder. 3 years ago I made up my mind to get it off. It's been a struggle. 10 pounds the first year, nothing the second, 45 in 9 months with my job at DHL, then my broken wrist has put 12 back on.(oh, and married to a bottomless pit doesn't help) I'm hell bent to get back to my weight at 35 years old. (maybe 10 pounds more) My sweet Brit is very supportive so the fight goes on. Only 25-30 to go. At least I have a waist now. And can almost see ribs. :thumbsup:

(although the inside of a teenaged girl's head is a scary place, isn't it? wink.gif Thank God it's temporary!)

Oohh yeah. it's a fission reaction of hormones in there..........

Liz,

LOL, Macmarauder, the only reason I discovered that I could shoot a "real" gun was because I kept pestering my Dad when he was practicing/playing! Glad to hear a potato gun isn't as powerful (but glad you have my back, literally)! I'm still deadly with a squirt gun, though 

If you really want to have capability to shoot a "real" weapon, you needed to go thru USMC sniper training, like someone I know.

Ok, so now I'm gonna brag. I am an American, and I am proud of the 2nd admendment.

I own:

SKS assult rifle

Remington 870 12 guage Marine Magnum

S&W 686 357 Mag.

Walther PPKS 380 cal.

Ram-Line 22 cal. semi auto pistol

and a two shot derrenger, 38 special.

I'm quite a good shot, and love to blow up watermelons like the guy on "Mail Call"

God Bless America!

Ooooooooh, sniper training :) My kids have been telling me that I would be a good terrorist :o --not a compliment, I suppose! But I kept saying "now if they really wanted to cause problems, they should have done this......"

Think I'll tell them I enrolled in sniper training just to see their reaction!! :lol:

Liz

Ok, so now I'm gonna brag. I am an American, and I am proud of the 2nd admendment.

..... and love to blow up watermelons like the guy on "Mail Call"

God Bless America!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Amen!!!

My toys:

SKS (tricked out) - 7.62x39

Enfield - .303 British

M1 Carbine - .30 Carbine

Marlin Mod.15 - .22 Rimfire

Remington Mod.510 - .22 Rimfire

Winchester Mod.1300 - 12 GA

Winchester Mod.1200 (sawed-off) - 12 GA