Tornado Watch Here In Central Ny

We have a Tornado Watch in Vermont till 6:00 PM - problem is, I have 7 windows in my house, so the only place that does NOT have windows in the house is the bathroom hehehehe

Brian

The nastiest cells went through 10 miles north and just touched us on the south. A possible tornado hit in the north country and one logger was killed when a tree was blown down onto the skidder he was operating. There is a lot of damage to the north of us. We had minor issues with the power flickering early, but many around us are still without power. At least the rains have cooled us down quite a bit.

How much longer is tornado season?

Keep safe.

Tornado season in NY is almost unheard of. Of course with this "global warming" who knows?

I remember a couple in Mass and NH when I was a kid up there, and that was long before Man Bear Pig and Global Warming were threatening everyone.

I think it is just like I learned way back then that Humanity had developed civilization during an unprecedentedly mild and stable climate and that we could not count on it lasting indefinitely. Sooner or later we would have to expect that weather patterns would become more variable and severe.

That and the effect of modern communications . Back then by the time they got still pictures of the damage it was old news and maybe made a "science and weather" section in Time or Newsweek. Live and remote shots were to expensive for most television stations and they were not about to risk their valuable equipment sending it hundreds of miles away to show a shot of a blown down barn and a few uprooted trees. Local news was just that local and rarely had more than a single half hour slot. Many stations had no local news and just had the network national news. So violent weather like this made a footnote in the news at best.

No Tornado Watch in Connecticut (I'm kind of lucky). But we've had severe thunderstorm warnings for our state. A man died a couple days ago getting struck by a lightning strike. It was horrible. It was at a state park. Really sad why people have to die by getting struck by lightning. Sad.

Karol

Man Bear Pig... love that show.

The Thunderstorm that went through monday night took down a old willow in my back yard. The weather has been excellent sense, it's actually kind of cool right now.