It Is Officially Winter In Rochesrer Mn

It is -7 C or 19 F for you Americans. B)

It is cold this a.m. on the North Coast of BC, Canada and overcast, but, thankfully no snow.....yet.

I'm sure glad I've got my Michelin ice-x snow tires on my Malibu.

I hope the snow isn't too annoying to remove, shanenin.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And...being the nice guy that you are, you're going to

share and send it all my way tomorrow, aren't you

thanks a bunch!!!

jim

I read recently that the predictions are for Canada and the Northern US to have the coldest winter in over fifteen years There were numbers like forty six below zero . They said the snowfall predictions are still not finalized but look heavier than normal.

Maybe they should send all the folks who think global warming is a terrible thing up there for a conference in early February.

Yes I've heard the same report Pete.....

I'll get the BBQ ready for visitors......just as soon as I snow blow my way to it. :rolleyes:

Copy/Paste from my weather forecast site:

-19°C

Light snow

Feels like : -28°C

Relative humidity : 70%

Wind : 15 km/h E

Barometric pressure : 102.6 kPa Barometric pressure

Dewpoint : -23°C

Last Updated: Sunday, Dec 2 2007 7:00PM

Convert:

-2 °F

Light snow

Feels like : -18 °F

Relative humidity : 70%

Wind : 15 km/h E

Barometric pressure : 102.6 kPa Barometric pressure

Dewpoint : -9 °F

Last Updated: Sunday, Dec 2 2007 7:00PM

where is rochester?

here in nz it is the exact opposite

it is the start of the summer

and already we are experiencing double figure temps

tho the city i live in is more moderate than some of the areas near the equater

hang in there and blow on your fingers

or run up and down your path

and good luck

marty

Edited by martymas

Terrorist, you're getting kinda the weather we had yesterday (you being "downwind" of us). It rained, then got foggy, then it all froze last night, then snowed about 3" on top of the ice. The sideroads are just treacherous!! Icy and rutted. So drive carefully!!

My errands are done....not leaving the house until the sand trucks catch up!

Liz

The snow is coming down heavy with 40 m.p.h. winds. So far the main roads are OK, but the side streets are slick. I just finished up a couple of heating calls and told the apartment building owner that I am staying home for the rest of the day. Schools around us are closing early. The brunt of the storm isn't supposed to hit until after 7PM when I have to shoot pool. Good thing my trucks have no problems handling this crap.

@*#$ Three hours to shovel my driveways of a foot of snow with a few drifts that were around two feet. I called my friend with the snowplow to push the wet heavy crap that the city plow blasted into the driveways and found out his transmission went while plowing last night. Why did I think I needed driveway space for 10 vehicles?

Ohh man, you really live in a "lake effect" snow belt. So sowwy, TT75. I'll admit I want a nice white Christmas, but only because the lights look so nice. Besides, I have a nice, strong, healthy hubby to do the shoveling. Heh heh... I even bought him his own snow shovel when he arrived here from the UK. Winter is here and I'm getting into the spirit.

Here's a bad omen...

More snowfall records in eastern North Dakota.

The National Weather Service says the Grand Forks airport had 8.1 inches of snow yesterday, setting a record for the date. And Fargo set a record with 5.9 inches.

The previous mark in both cities was set back in 1926.

Grand Forks and Fargo also had record snowfall last Saturday.

Here we go.

WOW! From the pics, it's still snowing...

It's suppose to snow all week. Tonight they say to expect snow squalls on and off. At least we aren't getting the 12"+ per day just a few miles up north, yet. The bad part is Lake Ontario is still warm so the snow contains a lot of moisture. It looks like I'll have to borrow the loader earlier to pile the snow back further this year.

Bitter cold, then some snow, then warming, then rain/snow mixed.

OK, I lied about loving Winter: I love everything about it BUT the bitter cold (which I define as anything below 10 degrees). I don't get cold like normal people so when it's too cold FOR ME, it's TOO DAMN COLD! :lol:

Rats.....it was to be a warming trend to move in this week. Soooooo where is it? Darn weather forecasting.... :angry2:

-21°C

Partly cloudy

Feels like : -33°C

Relative humidity : 58%

Wind : 26 km/h W

Barometric pressure : 101.5 kPa Barometric pressure

Dewpoint : -27°C

Last Updated: Thursday, Dec 6 2007 3:00PM

------------------------------------------------------

-6 °F

Partly cloudy

Feels like : -27 °F

Relative humidity : 58%

Wind : 26 km/h W

Barometric pressure : 101.5 kPa Barometric pressure

Dewpoint : -17 °F

Last Updated: Thursday, Dec 6 2007 3:00PM

Well, the sun came out enough to melt some of it and then refreeze. My wife slipped in a parking lot and fell flat on her face and broke her shoulder. Actually the socket part of the ball and socket joint. They're talking about replacement surgery

Mark