It Is Officially Winter In Rochesrer Mn

Wow all that snow looks great. Heh! But i'm not having to shovel it so i bet you'd beg to differ eh? We're just cold today. This side of the lake effect snow. We only saw a couple inches yesterday and last night. No where near the snow you're all getting. i tried to do the outside lights and wussed out after i broke one of the candy cane lights. Grounds frozen solid. Gotta remember to put those things in the ground a lot earlier next year!

Wow Gman..Sorry to hear your wife's hurting.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's kinda odd to be in the middle of December with your windows open......I have the windows in my bedroom open right now. It's in the 60's here. It was plenty warm enough to go shootin short sleeved Sunday (finally fired my 64 year old Lee Enfield No.4 Mk.1). It's been feelin real good around here for the last few days. It just ain't right I tell ya. Tennessee weather fluctuates so dang much, you could be wrapped up freezin your butt off one day, and driving with the windows down the next.

Well, it got up to 77 today. It's just weird to be drivin with the windows down wearing short sleeves in December. Had the windows down everywhere I went today. I had them up only when I left work.

Had to put up with all the tv channels "breaking in with the latest weather warnings" last night showing off their latest and greatest Doppler thingy, warning of the coming of the next ice age. Wake up this morning to NOTHING, NADA, ZIP. Sure, it's cold out but it's December. It can all change in a few hours, but Geez

Mark

Had to put up with all the tv channels "breaking in with the latest weather warnings" last night showing off their latest and greatest Doppler thingy, warning of the coming of the next ice age. Wake up this morning to NOTHING, NADA, ZIP. Sure, it's cold out but it's December. It can all change in a few hours, but Geez

Mark

That's because it skipped you and hit here!

I'm far enough North of my weather-report area they SAID we'd get a couple inches of snow, we GOT six to ten.

Drivin' to work last night was nerve-wracking. I'm "that guy" everybody hates, in a 4X4, zooming along like there's no tomorrow. Not last night. Since they thought we'd get off easy all the plows were further South and nothing got done here. I'd have been OK (I'm "that guy" after all) but for some reason a large cargo truck decided to come to a complete stop in the middle of the highway. I leave plenty or room in case something happens, like a car up ahead starts fishtailing or something, I can easily come to a complete stop if necessary, but not quite enough room if NOTHING happens, so I had to dig deep into the ABS brakes to keep from running into the cars trying to come to a stop behind the truck.

For me, if the ABS brakes engage that tells me I was not properly prepared, I was doing something wrong, and I just got my behind saved by an electronic nanny, so I was a bit shaken for the rest of the drive to work. (I rarely do anything that'd engage the ABS -- in ten years they've probably engaged four or five times, all the other times were at stop signs when I didn't realize there was ice at that intersection -- Whoa!).

Just another blizzard here. We don't even consider it a major storm anymore if they just say a foot or so. Now if they start talking about yards of snow then we get our butts in gear to prepare for it. The only pain with this snowfall is it came from the northeast and drifted in my front and side doors.

At least it was a tad warmer today. It wasn't pleasant changing a flat tire on my truck yesterday with the windchill below zero.

Heavy rains with 50 m.p.h. winds predicted for today. It is supposed to hit 50F and the weather service has posted flood warning/watches. I went out early and spread some of the snow banks to aid their demise. If we get a repeat of last year's 10 foot dumping I'll need all available space to pile up the snow.

The light mist last night turned into horizontal snow squalls as the cold front moved through. Very high winds. Came home to find one element from my TV antenna sticking up out of the front yard, broke off the mast and skewered right into the ground! I left it there 'cause it looks funny.