• Mac OS X
    • Basic Operating System
    • Linux - Debian
    • Linux - Gentoo
    • Linux - Slackware
    • Linux - Mandrake
    • Linux - SuSe
    • Linux - ArchLinx
    • Linux - knoppix (Who could forget that??)

Ok lets say whats your fav OS but here is another what is the best os?

I have never used 2000 but I bet that is the best OS next to 98SE even though my 98SE has more error than it works good!

I use XP and thats my vote1

It may take 100mb of ram just to boot it but I like the less errors and more color!

I have never used 2000 but I bet that is the best OS next to 98SE even though my 98SE has more error than it works good!

I use XP and thats my vote1

It may take 100mb of ram just to boot it but I like the less errors and more color!

Even though I'm an avid Linux idiot I agree that XP with SP2 is a good operating system.

My first choice will always be some kind of *nix though.

I use Windows XP primarily with an occasional Red Hat 9. I still try to avoid "What's your favorite OS?" questions as I don't fully understand or use Red Hat yet, though I have good expectations. Whenever I go to Red Hat I find it fun.

I use Windows XP primarily with an occasional Red Hat 9. I still try to avoid "What's your favorite OS?" questions as I don't fully understand or use Red Hat yet, though I have good expectations. Whenever I go to Red Hat I find it fun.

I used to use Red Hat 9, but stopped using it when Red Hat discontinued support of that great product. I hear Fedora Core 3 is pretty good.

geeee, let me see :rolleyes:

I'd have to go with Mandrake 10.1!!!

and to cowsgonemadd3

I'd have to say, whatever has the tools you need to complete the task you want to accomplish and also be comfortable using it....there isn't one right answer for that question.

I used to use Red Hat 9, but stopped using it when Red Hat discontinued support of that great product. I hear Fedora Core 3 is pretty good.

I only have Red Hat because a family friend who helped my brother put together my computer happened to have Red Hat and asked me if I wanted it, naturally I said "Sure"

What about "lindows" Can we get a review?

I would recommend against lindows, now known as linspire.

It is Linux, but, linspire makes you run your unit as root. Also, they encourage you to use their click and run warehouse (not cheap) to download software that is freely available on the Internet. I am opposed to a pay for view version of Linux. On occasion I will buy a boxed set of Linux to support the Linux company of my choice.

I imagine it would be stable enough as it is Linux. However, I'd say go with another version.

I have used knoppix about twice - and OSX thrice maybe. So I guess my vote goes to Windowa XP

M@

Well beleve it or not, I have never used knoppix. If you are wondering why, 700 megs takes around an hour to download at school, and will take around a couple of months on my dial up connection...lol

I have used knoppix about twice - and OSX thrice maybe.  So I guess my vote goes to Windowa XP

M@

Well beleve it or not, I have never used knoppix. If you are wondering why, 700 megs takes around an hour to download at school, and will take around a couple of months on my dial up connection...lol

I've used this company for a few years when I didn't have access to a CD burner, they are reliable. You can buy a copy of Knoppix 3.7 for $2.50 US. That includes shipping.

I ordered my copy of Knoppix from them.

Discount Linux CDs

cheers,

hitest

lol dk, then why is your nick dknoppix????

Quote from thread: How did you get your name??

I got mine by just for the hell of it put my name as Dan Knoppix. The user name I wanted, was taken, so it gave me 3 other names. One was dknoppix, so I chose that...

So, there ya go.. Thanks for the link hitest! :)