yes they found mr lidels passport

in the street

i get stressed when

there are deaths

tho in a case like this deaths are inevitable

god im praying for their familys

4 dead. so far i hope there wasent any more

marty

From what I've heard, they were reporting they were having "Fuel Difficulties" before the accident, and that witnesses have said it appears they were trying to weave in and out of the buildings.

I believe they were trying to reach the river for a water ditching because the engine had failed due to a fuel delivery problem, couldn't maintain altitude to reach it so they tried to dodge buildings to get there and couldn't quite make it. The crash was a couple of blocks away from the open river and I think they just finally ran out of airspeed to control the aircraft anymore, and hit the building.

As a pilot, that's what I would try to do if I knew I couldn't make an airport and there was a river close by. Of course, landing on a stretch of open road would be much better, but hey...this is New York we're talking about...there ARE no open roads.

As they lost altitude without power and got lower than the buildings, they'd have to manouver around them and that of course slows the plane even more to do that, until it finally doesn't have the airspeed to allow the flight control surfaces to have any effect. Then a stall is imminent, but either way they didn't have a chance anymore...too bad.