Ok, for X-Mas this year, I was thinking about asking for the Network Adaptor for the Playstation 2. The question I have is: Is there a monthly fee or any other charge for gaming online? I heard that Xbox Live requires like a $5 a month payment. I also heard the PS2 is free; but I just want to make sure. I checked the Playstation site, and could find nothing about any type of hidden or monthly charge.

Thanks,

M@

Thanks!  Do you know of a place I can find out which games are free, and which charge?

M@

Well, you pretty much have to know about each specific game to know whether or not they charge. I myself do know what games charge and what dont :). I cant list them for you because theres like 300+ games on the ps2's library lol.

Only games that do charge are once again games that involve many players on one server. Almost all online shooters dont charge, sport games dont charge, etc. If you need help whether certain games do charge or not you can PM me or just post here.

Thanks StealthG, I checked out Playstation.com, and looked around the "online" section. They have info on each game. The only one I could find that charged was the Final Fantasy game, which I don't intend on purchasing. Thanks for all the info. :)

M@