Car Question.....

First off, i know this is a tech support forum. And was wondering if anyone knew of automotive help forums were i could post this for a result?

But since im here mine as well tell you the problem, just in case we have some geniuses in here =)

So when im driving >45mph, but not always, it depends on the day. There is a whistling noise, it sounds like it might be coming from the passenger side, or from the defrost vents, but i cant be 100% sure, and im not about to check it while im driving. The funny thing is is that when my car is wet from rain, etc, it doesnt make the whistling noise, nor does it when it is cooler outside. Soo.... maybe the cooler part is just b/c its usually colder during the nights so im going slower, but ya. Anyone know what might be happening?

I've checked the seals and they look good, so i dont think it might be that.

Yah, seals also expand and contract with the weather, and just looking at a seal can never tell if it's good or not....unless there's a huge chunk taken out that is..heheh.

If it sounds like it's coming thru the vents, or possibly under the passenger side dash section, it could be a small gap in the heater/firewall seal also.

Open Chat is just fine for this type of stuff fubz, no prob! We'll help our members with ANY problem they may have...INCLUDING Erectile Dysfunction!! ;)

Quick check on the door seals. Use a dollar bill or a piece of paper. Close the door on the piece of paper. It should have some resistance when you pull it out. Try it in several places around the door. On my daughter's new Jeep, after poking around underneath the dash, I found out her heater hose was only half on. You didn't say how old the car is. The windshield seal could be dried out or cracked

Mark

Try hosing the doors down and riding while the seals are still wet. If that solves it you know it is the seals.

Or just lube em up with axle grease.

Chances are that either the seal is wearing out (can sometimes be restored by heating with a blow dryer and then soaking with a vinyl rejuvenant like armor all) or someone caught a seatbelt or similar or someone tried to break in and bent the window frame.

Could also be the seals around the window or a window which drops down a bit due to the weight of the window handle.