Dragtag... Using Your Own Car

A dyno type drag machine can't replace the actual feel of a true race. I would take a passenger for a "quick" ride in my '69 Hemi GTX. Their facial expressions would tell the whole story of them feeling the massive torque as I slammed second gear, the slicks gripped and the front tires lifted. It was a combination of fear and awe.

ok let me get this straight, it's basically just a dyno with a screen showing what you would see based on your cars dyno specs. ummmmm i really don't mean to be insulting but what a load of crap. first of all you don't have most of the feel and it's just gona runn off of the dyno specs and secondly it's just another way of bragging about your car without avtually using it. isn't the whole main point of having or building your own drag car for the rush of hualing down the track? i rather enjoy tweaking and slowly perfecting everything but the rush of being on the track and workign at full potencial is the full reward.

your only gona get the feel and sound of your engine reving and going nowhere. so then what's the point when you can just use a sim machine to practice with and use a regual dyno for picking adjustments? or is the weather really that big of a concern that you need to run it indoors all the time?

*macmarauder is confused at the point of this machine :(

well it'ss a fun, safe, and legal way to drag your car. They may not be a track near bye to run on and plus it's a little safer as long as the car stays in place. Plus it's probably cheaper than running on a 1/4 mile track.

I wanna drive that Hemi GTX TT!!

I once co-owned a company where we built high performance engines and cars, I love the old muscle cars!! Nothing beats the sound and feel of raw HP pushing you back into a bucket seat...

I've driven & raced many a hot car and this Dyno racing just wouldn't tug my chain all that much.

Dyno's are for showing you how well you built the engine and how to tweak it, not for racing. The driver's skill is not tested on a dyno, where it is on a track and could be the difference.

I wanna drive that Hemi GTX TT!!

I once co-owned a company where we built high performance engines and cars, I love the old muscle cars!! Nothing beats the sound and feel of raw HP pushing you back into a bucket seat...

I've driven & raced many a hot car and this Dyno racing just wouldn't tug my chain all that much.

Dyno's are for showing you how well you built the engine and how to tweak it, not for racing. The driver's skill is not tested on a dyno, where it is on a track and could be the difference.

When I dropped the hammer on that old GTX you thought your body was going to go through the back of the seat. I had bet people that they couldn't grab a folded $100 bill that was hanging halfway out the glovebox with it closed while I went through all 4 gears. You would have loved my '69 Super Bee with the 440 6 pack. It was scary. Even my '68 Road Runner with a well warmed over 383 was awesome. I loved the old Mopar muscle cars. They definitely weren't road course vehicles (unless equipped with the Petty oval package) but straight line performance was totally unreal. :thumbsup:

... it's just another way of bragging about your car without avtually using it. ...

I see your point, but in this day and age a LOT of things are "virtual." How many people play "virtual" sports rather than getting off their duff and actually playing? You could say the whole point of sports is getting out there and playing it, not bragging about how good you are, "virtually."

I think it sounds cool, for what it is.

the only reason I wouldn't use something like dragtag is cause I truly like road course racing like Grand touring and whatnot. You know, tracks like Laguna Seca.

exactly. My car would get it's little gray @$$ handed to it on a silvr plate on the quarter mile but due to the great handling, low stable stance, and fairly good acceleration for the engine it has, I could stomp some people on road racing. I wanna take a run on Laguna Seca too. I'll show them that Mazda ain't nothin. (it's full name is The Mazda Laguna Seca Raceway)